shape
carat
color
clarity

Rings you don’t like but kept and wear anyway!

empliau

Shiny_Rock
Thank you!

I think it’s because I’ve been wanting a big emerald cab for a long time so the Cartier was a way to dip my toe into emerald-land, but it hasn’t scratched the itch :lol-2:

In a perfect world, I would have simply bought a big juicy emerald cab, but I don’t trust my eyes enough to do that yet…!

I feel you! After seeing the divine Minerva I deeply love cabochon emeralds. I doubt I'll ever get one, but @Crimson you have changed my life!

Can we talk about EMERALDS for a minute?!! Holy moly, and these are ONLY Zambian? I just, sputter, sputter, can't imagine...

They wore a lot more of every possible kind of stone on earth. One of Isha Ambani's necklaces had blue and pink diamonds in it (she's wearing the necklace in the picture of her next to Anant). Nita Ambani wore multiple necklaces over multiple occasions with emeralds (I think also some Colombians not just Zambians) that are literally the size of a bread and butter plate.

ShinyPink

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Can we talk about EMERALDS for a minute?!! Holy moly, and these are ONLY Zambian? I just, sputter, sputter, can't imagine...

OMG - so jealous. Please tell me those are paste! :mrgreen:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't see anything about what not to like about the pieces posted on this thread...I would rock most of them :lol:

Does anyone settle on jewellery like me? Where you don’t love something but acknowledge that it has a purpose?

But in reading and to answer this question - I settle almost ALL of the time given I have a limit on what I am willing to spend on one piece...the biggest restriction being stone size....and secondly, the number of rings where I simply set stones in whatever inexpensive setting fit (I'm of the mindset that to enjoy it, I need to set it).

As a result, I have a large and varied collection but not a high-end/curated collection. But for me, it's fun and fine - suits my purpose, Something to go with everything and never get bored as I rotate through my collection...and if I don't love/wear it as much as I thought long term, I didn't spend a fortune on it. In reality, I seldom wear my larger pieces as I am uncomfortable wearing them other than special occasions.

Admittedly, sometimes seeing what others have/say here were once the biggest detriment to whether I like/love something (where many here consider 1ct small, have a better eye for details that escape me and are more particular about things I wouldn't normally care about). Sometimes I need to step back and learn to enjoy what I have. But PS has allowed me to make informed decisions even if the choice I make might be different from others.

Last edited:

Joanne10

Shiny_Rock
Like somebody else said above thread, I don’t have enough money to settle on jewellery. :) My purchases are carefully considered and I buy only stuff I am (reasonably) certain I will enjoy. So I do a lot of research and compare pictures before I buy anything, and read a lot of reviews before I buy, to see if vendor pictures are accurate and representative of the product.

That said, something, ahem, different happens to me when I shop for jewels or stones. I’m a very hard perfectionist, and I need to lower my standards. (Yes, really!) So when I buy something sight unseen, I’m disappointed when I open the package, and only afterwards it grows on me. Good thing is that I come to love it, so all is well in the end.

Also, my experiences are governed by the law of compensation: the lower my expectations, the more I like it, and viceversa. I wonder if anyone else has this experience, or am I an oddball? :lol-2:

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
So when I buy something sight unseen, I’m disappointed when I open the package, and only afterwards it grows on me. Good thing is that I come to love it, so all is well in the end.

Also, my experiences are governed by the law of compensation: the lower my expectations, the more I like it, and viceversa.

Excuse me, what are you doing inside my head?

Joanne10

Shiny_Rock
Excuse me, what are you doing inside my head?

I DID think we were kindred spirits, when I read your posts! :lol-2::lol-2::lol-2: And we’re both in the EU to boot, if I recall correctly. :lol-2: Can I claim you as my bling sister?

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
And we’re both in the EU to boot, if I recall correctly.

Uhhuh.gif

Can I claim you as my bling sister?
hi501.gif

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Admittedly, sometimes seeing what others have/say here were once the biggest detriment to whether I like/love something (where many here consider 1ct small, have a better eye for details that escape me and are more particular about things I wouldn't normally care about). Sometimes I need to step back and learn to enjoy what I have. But PS has allowed me to make informed decisions even if the choice I make might be different from others.

:love:
This this this
:love:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So this baby has been worn 3 times this week whereas the beloved DBL yellow diamond came out once this month because it’s school holidays and you can’t wear nice things with kids.

IMG_3580.jpeg

I ran into a pickle today. Found nothing to go with the giant emerald for my rummaging hand! Finally I dug up an old jadeite ring that I’m not crazy about. Definitely the moral of the story for me is to make sure I keep enough rummaging rings around!

IMG_3594.jpeg IMG_3593.jpeg

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
So this baby has been worn 3 times this week whereas the beloved DBL yellow diamond came out once this month because it’s school holidays and you can’t wear nice things with kids.

IMG_3580.jpeg

I ran into a pickle today. Found nothing to go with the giant emerald for my rummaging hand! Finally I dug up an old jadeite ring that I’m not crazy about. Definitely the moral of the story for me is to make sure I keep enough rummaging rings around!

IMG_3594.jpeg IMG_3593.jpeg

I would happily take that jadeite off your hands if you don't like it. :razz:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Showing my reddish pink and the monstrosity sold to me as pink.

I hate wear this ring now at this point!

IMG_4582.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results