shape
carat
color
clarity

Rod Finally Took Some Pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
OHMYWORD, Rod! The diamond is GORGEOUS and I love the close-ups of your ring.
Thanks for sharing!

Lynn

Thanks for the pics Rod, the diamonds are gorgeous and the settings are perfect for them! I bet you get compliments on them all the time.

Thanks again for the kind complements. I will take more pictures and this time include a handshot of the blue diamond. I had taken one, but it turned out so poorly that I didn''t post it. We do get compliments all the time. I''m still not sure why when people see them, they feel compelled to rub their fingers on the stones, but such is life. I''m very lucky to have a stone in a ring that people want to touch.

And as my friend Lynn says, That''s My Story and I''m Sticking To It.

Date: 9/4/2006 10:53:40 PM
Author: Rod
Thanks again for the kind complements. I will take more pictures and this time include a handshot of the blue diamond. I had taken one, but it turned out so poorly that I didn''t post it. We do get compliments all the time. I''m still not sure why when people see them, they feel compelled to rub their fingers on the stones, but such is life. I''m very lucky to have a stone in a ring that people want to touch.

And as my friend Lynn says, That''s My Story and I''m Sticking To It.
Great pics!
36.gif
I love your ring, nice to see a close up of it! And the blue? *sigh*

You know, when I first got my ring, we were at a club we frequent, and an older (very) gentleman we know wanted to see my ring. I held up my hand, which he grabbed, and proceeded to rub his thumb over the top of my stone several times. I was furious, and curious. Why would he do that? In the course of talking to someone else about it, they suggested that he was "testing" my diamond to see how well cut it was. That long ago I guess people did that as a cursory test to cut on a stone, because a well cut stone will look better dirty that a not so well cut. I guess that''s what he was doing.
20.gif

But I doubt that''s the reason most do. Don''t you just want to smack them?

Anyway, looking forward to more pics!

It does really bother me Ellen, (I know I add new dimension to Anal when it comes to my ring) but I''m guessing he just did it, not because he was testing anything. I''ve noticed that total strangers feel compelled to touch it. I actually pull away when I see their grubby, greasy finger moving toward my stones. I think they see something pretty and instictively feel that they are paying tribute to it somehow by touching something so beautiful and rare?? Who really knows, I just hate that they do.

Your friend........Rod

Date: 9/5/2006 1:55:11 PM
It does really bother me Ellen, (I know I add new dimension to Anal when it comes to my ring) but I''m guessing he just did it, not because he was testing anything. I''ve noticed that total strangers feel compelled to touch it. I actually pull away when I see their grubby, greasy finger moving toward my stones. I think they see something pretty and instictively feel that they are paying tribute to it somehow by touching something so beautiful and rare?? Who really knows, I just hate that they do.

Your friend........Rod
LOL, I do too! I think there was a thread on that very subject not too long ago, maybe in "hangout." Seriously, though, your ring is just gorgeous and I can understand why you don''t want anyone getting it all dirty with their grubby little paws, ha ha! It''s the height of rude, don''t you think?!
2.gif
9.gif

Rod!! it''s cool beauty!!
30.gif

Date: 9/6/2006 1:21:14 AM
Author: monarch64

Date: 9/5/2006 1:55:11 PM

Your friend........Rod
LOL, I do too! I think there was a thread on that very subject not too long ago, maybe in ''hangout.'' Seriously, though, your ring is just gorgeous and I can understand why you don''t want anyone getting it all dirty with their grubby little paws, ha ha! It''s the height of rude, don''t you think?!
2.gif
9.gif
It is indeed!!
11.gif

Rod! The rings are so beautiful! And that close up shot is great! The design is so unique and special--you must feel so proud. Beautiful...

I thought of your Alfani diamond cleaning shirts the other day...I went to my fiance''s family''s house for the long weekend and forgot to bring my cleaning toothbrush (and sigh, no ultrasonic). Day 1 of the weekend his mother put her fingers all over the stone. My OCD was all activated, especially knowing that I couldn''t give the stone a proper cleaning for another 4 days. The pain.

Date: 9/6/2006 11:48:37 AM
Author: rogue
Rod! The rings are so beautiful! And that close up shot is great! The design is so unique and special--you must feel so proud. Beautiful...

I thought of your Alfani diamond cleaning shirts the other day...I went to my fiance''s family''s house for the long weekend and forgot to bring my cleaning toothbrush (and sigh, no ultrasonic). Day 1 of the weekend his mother put her fingers all over the stone. My OCD was all activated, especially knowing that I couldn''t give the stone a proper cleaning for another 4 days. The pain.
And for this reason, I (and Yes, you can laugh at me if you want) carry the following when I travel:

1. small soft bristled tooth brush
2. small spray plastic bottle filled with jewelry cleaner
3. Selvyt (made in England) polishing cloth (most jewelry stores use these)
4. one treated jewelry cleaning cloth (can''t remember the brand)

This way if I''m out of town on business or visiting family, and someone get''s their grubby mits on my stone, I can get away and immediately remove the offenses........LOL

Date: 9/6/2006 2:11:10 PM

Date: 9/6/2006 11:48:37 AM
Author: rogue

And for this reason, I (and Yes, you can laugh at me if you want) carry the following when I travel:

1. small soft bristled tooth brush
2. small spray plastic bottle filled with jewelry cleaner
3. Selvyt (made in England) polishing cloth (most jewelry stores use these)
4. one treated jewelry cleaning cloth (can''t remember the brand)

This way if I''m out of town on business or visiting family, and someone get''s their grubby mits on my stone, I can get away and immediately remove the offenses........LOL
I''m not laughing. I just wanna know where you got that English polishing cloth.
11.gif

And remember folks, if all else fails, you can use your tooth brush and some paste in a pinch. I just wouldn''t do it very often.

Ellen,

When we purchased the rings we had, which we traded for the new rings, they gave us one polishing cloth and I asked for a second. Most of the Jewelry stores, like Mayors, Bailey Banks and Biddle use them. Just for my friend Ellen, I went online and found them available at shoreinternational.com. They''re reasonably priced too.

Date: 9/6/2006 3:11:14 PM
Ellen,

When we purchased the rings we had, which we traded for the new rings, they gave us one polishing cloth and I asked for a second. Most of the Jewelry stores, like Mayors, Bailey Banks and Biddle use them. Just for my friend Ellen, I went online and found them available at shoreinternational.com. They''re reasonably priced too.
Aww, thank you!
36.gif

I owe ya one.
2.gif

Cool Rod!. Like your designs on the rings.

Date: 9/5/2006 1:13:44 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 9/4/2006 10:53:40 PM
Thanks again for the kind complements. I will take more pictures and this time include a handshot of the blue diamond. I had taken one, but it turned out so poorly that I didn't post it. We do get compliments all the time. I'm still not sure why when people see them, they feel compelled to rub their fingers on the stones, but such is life. I'm very lucky to have a stone in a ring that people want to touch.

And as my friend Lynn says, That's My Story and I'm Sticking To It.
Great pics!
36.gif
I love your ring, nice to see a close up of it! And the blue? *sigh*

You know, when I first got my ring, we were at a club we frequent, and an older (very) gentleman we know wanted to see my ring. I held up my hand, which he grabbed, and proceeded to rub his thumb over the top of my stone several times. I was furious, and curious. Why would he do that? In the course of talking to someone else about it, they suggested that he was 'testing' my diamond to see how well cut it was. That long ago I guess people did that as a cursory test to cut on a stone, because a well cut stone will look better dirty that a not so well cut. I guess that's what he was doing.
20.gif

But I doubt that's the reason most do. Don't you just want to smack them?

Anyway, looking forward to more pics!
Sorry Rod, quick threadjack. Ellen OMG
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
You have my admiration for coping so graciously with this...this...person.

Listen up people - YOU CAN LOOK BUT PLEASE DON'T TOUCH. WE DON'T LIKE HAVING OUR DIAMONDS MESSED UP.
8.gif

Lorelei, thanks. lol Honestly, I wish someone could have videotaped my face, I''m sure it was priceless, with a multitude of emotions washing over it.
9.gif

The thing we have to remember is, people who don''t appreciate diamonds, just don''t get it. We must have patience, and forgive them for they know not what they do.
2.gif

That, and ALWAYS carry a cleaning cloth....

Rod,

Your ring is absolutely gorgeous and so is the blue diamond ring. I love the setting on yours and also the side view. Simply beauuuuuuuuuuuuuuutiful. No wonder you both get so many compliments on them.
9.gif

Speaking of dirty grubby fingers. Over Labor Day Weekend, my hubby and I stopped at McDonald''s for a soda and I was wearing my new 2.25c Padparadscha ring. This lady sitting next to us was eating french fries and reached over and grabbed my hand and put her fingers all over my ring. ( Ewwwwwwwwwwwww grease all over my ring.) I almost wanted to slap her
29.gif
I went in the bathroom and washed my hands to get the grease off. My hubby was laughing at me, but I didn''t think it was funny. She got my Pad greasy and the diamonds too.
14.gif

Again Rod, love your ring. It is a stunner.

Linda

Linda, fries??? Wow. And yeah, ew.

She sure did Ellen, and her hand was soooooooooooo greasy and salty. I was so upset. I was worried the salt would scratch my Pad, of course it didn''t.

Linda

So like are there pictures available of this Pad?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results