shape
carat
color
clarity

Roe v. Wade.

Louisiana has reclassified two abortion drugs (mifepristone and misoprostol) officially controlled and dangerous substances and criminalizes those in possession without a prescription, up to five years in prison and up to a $5,000 fine. The new law mischaracterizes these drugs to be addictive. Critics fear it could be used as a model for other states.

How many more women are going to die?

It just seems to get worse and worse. I still find it so hard to believe I'm living in times like this.

Louisiana has reclassified two abortion drugs (mifepristone and misoprostol) officially controlled and dangerous substances and criminalizes those in possession without a prescription, up to five years in prison and up to a $5,000 fine. The new law mischaracterizes these drugs to be addictive. Critics fear it could be used as a model for other states.

I would be surprised if this law isn't challenged in court.

It just seems to get worse and worse. I still find it so hard to believe I'm living in times like this.

I agree @Lookinagain. I always hoped this would never be our reality but also feared it could be a possibility…. and here we are.

@Matata, Logically I know it more than likely will be challenged. The outcome remains to be seen. The way it stands right now this is a law for Louisiana

Last edited:
And there is this part of the law as it currently stands

Scheduling the drugs also requires that their use be tracked by a Prescription Drug Monitoring Program, “a statewide program where I can look for a patient under my care and I can see for the past 15 years if they’ve been prescribed any scheduled medications, who the prescriber was, where they filled that medication,” and information about dates and amounts used, Prasad said.

The new law mischaracterizes these drugs to be addictive.

Addictive? Because women love uterine cramping? This is infuriating! :x2 We're being targeted just for being women. This isn't anti-abortion; it's completely anti-women. Dare I ask what's next?!

Addictive? Because women love uterine cramping? This is infuriating! :x2 We're being targeted just for being women. This isn't anti-abortion; it's completely anti-women. Dare I ask what's next?!

That's a good question. Look back 50 + years before Roe and see what things were like for women. I was there.

These outrageous laws need to be brought to the Supreme Court. I’m hoping for a ruling declaring health autonomy is a Constitutional right. An essential RIGHT and FREEDOM. Women are not slaves or second class citizens. (There are other health autonomy affronts that also need correcting.)

These outrageous laws need to be brought to the Supreme Court. I’m hoping for a ruling declaring health autonomy is a Constitutional right. An essential RIGHT and FREEDOM. Women are not slaves or second class citizens. (There are other health autonomy affronts that also need correcting.)

Well, you know what THIS court is likely to do? Leave it up to the states....that's their mantra generally on this issue. Just remember the most recent appointees to the court. They were given a mission.

We already know how the Supreme Court will rule. They overturned Roe. Woman are now second class citizens in some states.

Last edited:
I’m hoping for a ruling declaring health autonomy is a Constitutional right.

Well, that's what it used to be. Until this SCOTUS decided it wasn't. This court isn't going to reverse themselves on this issue, that's a given.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP