shape
carat
color
clarity

Round sapphires with antique emerald cut???

Should I use the round sapphires and make a three stone with the emerald cut center?

• No, round and emerald cut won’t look good

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Yes, it will work

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

Tigerlilyrosepetal

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,
I have these two unheated sapphires currently with a lab. I’m considering making a new three stone and using them as side stones with my antique emerald cut. Would that look tacky? Or should I go for it? The side stones are roughly 5.5 mm and the emerald cut is about 8.6 x6.4, I believe.
There are not many iterations on the internet. IMG_4640.jpeg

I found these two examples - The side stones in the pics do look a little smaller than yours. I don't think it's tacky, it's just a pairing that you don't often see so if you like the look you should go for it!

Attachments

• IMG_1071.jpeg
    IMG_1071.jpeg
    44.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1070.webp
    IMG_1070.webp
    104.6 KB · Views: 3
I am not a fan of the look - the two shapes just aren’t complimentary - what do you think?

would you consider setting the diamond E-W instead of N-S?

would you consider setting the diamond E-W instead of N-S?

I was going to suggest the same thing. I think with the size of the sapphires, I'd prefer that. It would be good to see a mock up of both ways though.

Thanks everyone. I think I will keep it with the round and maybe put it into another setting I have that is not haloed so that I can wear it with another band I have. I truly appreciate everyone’s ideas.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP