shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Pearls!

I had the best day digging through a chaotic vendor’s stock! It was awesome!

Got these for myself, akoya bracelet and south sea pearl ring. Ever since I gave Lil Sis her pearl ring I’ve been hankering for one

IMG_5428.jpegIMG_5424.jpeg

Speaking of the baby sister, I can’t buy any pearls without thinking of her so I got her this:

IMG_5432.jpegIMG_5423.jpeg

I styled myself like this today. Pearl pendant and T shirt that I designed using iron on patches

IMG_5388.jpeg

I had the best day digging through a chaotic vendor’s stock! It was awesome!

Got these for myself, akoya bracelet and south sea pearl ring. Ever since I gave Lil Sis her pearl ring I’ve been hankering for one

IMG_5428.jpegIMG_5424.jpeg

Speaking of the baby sister, I can’t buy any pearls without thinking of her so I got her this:

IMG_5432.jpegIMG_5423.jpeg

I styled myself like this today. Pearl pendant and T shirt that I designed using iron on patches

IMG_5388.jpeg

I love your new ring--profile pics pleases? And your sister necklace is really lovely!!
BTW what does "chaotic" mean--old mystery stock tucked away in drawers? LOL. Sounds like fun!!!

I love your new ring--profile pics pleases? And your sister necklace is really lovely!!
BTW what does "chaotic" mean--old mystery stock tucked away in drawers? LOL. Sounds like fun!!!

So in Japan I went to Tasaki and Mikimoto. Beautiful stuff but dropping those amounts on pearls is just not something I would ever do.

I went exploring by myself and ended up in a suburb with all these jewellery stores. Looked around and stumbled upon this ratty looking store with a polite but completely disinterested shop owner. He didn’t speak much English and would type out the prices of things on a calculator for me. Then he’d go back to chatting on the phone.

I was a bit apprehensive at first until a few Chinese customers told me to just rummage around (except for one cupboard with a red sign that contains stock that’s on consignment. I’m not to touch that cupboard) and try on anything I want.

I was super uneasy and tried to ask him if it was ok, he waved me off and said “ok ok”

So I rummaged and found that he had a lot of stock with certificates from the Pearl Science Laboratory, the same ones that I’ve seen on here.

I started off liking a pendant with a cert but then saw the pendant that I ended up buying (which didn’t have a cert). I figured pearls was something I don’t really understand so I’d just mentally calculate the gold cost, throw in a bit of labour and come up with a price that was acceptable for the pearl (treating the pearl as a write off basically). The pendant that I ended up buying was reasonable so I bought it.

I went back to the hotel and was super duper in love with the necklace so the next day I high tailed it to the same shop again this time with more confidence to rummage.

He was just as disinterested but more cheerful on my second visit. I rummaged happily and bought my two things.

I even took pictures of most of his necklaces and texted Lil Sis so she could pick the necklace she wanted.

Here’s the ring and the random stock I took pics of for Lil Sis to check. I even tried on all the necklaces she was interested in and took selfies for her to assess. He stopped his call to tell me I could use this box thingy with lights to take pictures of stuff. It was such a bizarre and completely different experience to Tasaki which had an army of sales assistants etc

Haha it would probably horrify PSers but I felt like I got exactly what I wanted, within the budget that I wanted. Plus I had so much fun!

IMG_5574.jpegIMG_5576.jpegIMG_5559.jpegIMG_5402.jpegIMG_5403.jpegIMG_5410.jpegIMG_5404.jpeg

So in Japan I went to Tasaki and Mikimoto. Beautiful stuff but dropping those amounts on pearls is just not something I would ever do.

I went exploring by myself and ended up in a suburb with all these jewellery stores. Looked around and stumbled upon this ratty looking store with a polite but completely disinterested shop owner. He didn’t speak much English and would type out the prices of things on a calculator for me. Then he’d go back to chatting on the phone.

I was a bit apprehensive at first until a few Chinese customers told me to just rummage around (except for one cupboard with a red sign that contains stock that’s on consignment. I’m not to touch that cupboard) and try on anything I want.

I was super uneasy and tried to ask him if it was ok, he waved me off and said “ok ok”

So I rummaged and found that he had a lot of stock with certificates from the Pearl Science Laboratory, the same ones that I’ve seen on here.

I started off liking a pendant with a cert but then saw the pendant that I ended up buying (which didn’t have a cert). I figured pearls was something I don’t really understand so I’d just mentally calculate the gold cost, throw in a bit of labour and come up with a price that was acceptable for the pearl (treating the pearl as a write off basically). The pendant that I ended up buying was reasonable so I bought it.

I went back to the hotel and was super duper in love with the necklace so the next day I high tailed it to the same shop again this time with more confidence to rummage.

He was just as disinterested but more cheerful on my second visit. I rummaged happily and bought my two things.

I even took pictures of most of his necklaces and texted Lil Sis so she could pick the necklace she wanted.

Here’s the ring and the random stock I took pics of for Lil Sis to check. I even tried on all the necklaces she was interested in and took selfies for her to assess. He stopped his call to tell me I could use this box thingy with lights to take pictures of stuff. It was such a bizarre and completely different experience to Tasaki which had an army of sales assistants etc

Haha it would probably horrify PSers but I felt like I got exactly what I wanted, within the budget that I wanted. Plus I had so much fun!

IMG_5574.jpegIMG_5576.jpegIMG_5559.jpegIMG_5402.jpegIMG_5403.jpegIMG_5410.jpegIMG_5404.jpeg

Oh how fun! I would have no problem doing something like that! Eenie,meenie,miny, moe.......... did your sister end up getting something? They all look to be some beautiful pearls!! :kiss2:

I think you choose well!!! So did you "haggle"?

Fun story. Right up my alley!!!!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP