shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your turquoise jewelry!

After 6 months of "behaving", I caved today with this impulse purchase.

I've always found this vendor to be honest but he does not specialize in turquoise. He said it was a piece of Kingman turquoise that he had cut/polished about 40 years ago and was sitting in his inventory...so didn't factor it into the cost. (The price was fair for 18k gold/diamonds/craftmanship alone).

But old habits die hard, and once I got it home...curiosity got the best of me so of course my research bought me here. I fell in love with the intense color and polish - but knowing most turquoise is treated, it's "gemmy"ness did give me pause for concern. (Although I am telling myself, I didn't really pay for the turquoise so to just enjoy it).

pendant_turquoise_diamonds_18k_front.jpgpendant_turquoise_diamonds_18k_back.jpg

That's a gorgeous pendant!

I've always found this vendor to be honest but he does not specialize in turquoise. He said it was a piece of Kingman turquoise that he had cut/polished about 40 years ago and was sitting in his inventory...so didn't factor it into the cost. (The price was fair for 18k gold/diamonds/craftmanship alone).

But old habits die hard, and once I got it home...curiosity got the best of me so of course my research bought me here. I fell in love with the intense color and polish - but knowing most turquoise is treated, it's "gemmy"ness did give me pause for concern. (Although I am telling myself, I didn't really pay for the turquoise so to just enjoy it).

that colour is to die for
i love it
i say well done you !
and as much as we all love rings, its cool to see a pendant

This is basically my ideal Turquoise pendant down to every detail!
Wowzer, you did great, enjoy!

Here are my two turquoise pendants.

20240802_135116.jpg
Moonstone & turquoise pendant in 14k YG from Erica Weiner. Two of the turquoise were replaced at some point, and are slightly smaller, but I didn't even notice until I had had it for a bit. It is light as a feather, and the back has a tiny little glass panel that opens for a photo or memento.

20240802_133520(0).jpg
This was definitely a mid-century brooch conversion. The YG is a bit more rose-y than I had hoped, but I still love it to bits. You can't really see it in this photo, but it has a lovely scalloped edge.

I bought this bracelet last month at Indian Market 2024 in Santa Fe. Purchased directly from the artist Sunshine Reeves.
He is well known for his stamp work.
With a nice piece of Kingman turquoise.
c7ec060416ee6b8e34f9e7c27ec7aedadd79a617_2_1380x790.jpeg

322a9de0e1b838e6c12a27b283b5207807669451_2_1380x752.jpeg

I bought this bracelet last month at Indian Market 2024 in Santa Fe. Purchased directly from the artist Sunshine Reeves.
He is well known for his stamp work.
With a nice piece of Kingman turquoise.
c7ec060416ee6b8e34f9e7c27ec7aedadd79a617_2_1380x790.jpeg

322a9de0e1b838e6c12a27b283b5207807669451_2_1380x752.jpeg

I love Santa Fe.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP

Featured Topics