shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your prom pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
LS how cute were you?! My mom wore a very similar color!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 7:10:52 PM
Author: OUpeargirl
LS how cute were you?! My mom wore a very similar color!
ditto, you and your date look adorable!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
alright Linda: come up with something....even if it's not an official 'prom' pic...let's see one from when you were 'prom age'
31.gif

LS

ETA: DF - c'mon, you too!
Don't leave me out here hanging all on my own!

ETA #2: Skippy - funny, I can post something like this and be cringing but still ok with it...but ask me to deal with the Who's Who, and I fall apart! Geez, must be needing some therapy or something.

cinnamongurl

Shiny_Rock
This is a picture from my junior prom, with all of the girls. This was 2001. I''m the brunette in the back, second in from the right with the burgundy dress. We all skipped our senior prom to go to the beach for the weekend!
10.gif

Burg Crew 024.jpg

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
I want to see more pictures from everyone! I love the 70''s and 80s prom pictures! I already posted one of mine but here is another one:

Here is one of my hair- I had the woman do a ribbon that matched my dress all wrapped up in my curls... I LOVED it.

n2357235_31853182_6986.jpg

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yeah it''s may 2006. Here is the other one of my dress... I know I have a better one!!!

n2357235_31853183_646-1.jpg

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 8:11:24 PM
Author: IloveAsschers13
Oh yeah it''s may 2006. Here is the other one of my dress... I know I have a better one!!!
How cute of him to wear a matching tie! And the heels of your shoes match too!
LS

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
All you ladies look so cute! Haha, I was going through my pics to find one and Andrew sees them and says "hey, that''s not Daddy!!!" in a very alarmed voice! Too funny....now on to learning how to use the scanner.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Teeehehehe, gosh violet, your date is hysterical! What does he think of that picture now?
LostSapphire, you''re so adorable!!

I love these pictures!! Did prom dress + hair cost hurt as much back then as it does now, adjusted for inflation? My parents'' friend paid $200+ for her daughter''s prom dress
32.gif
Is that normal?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is an awesome thread, ha ha ha! OuPeargirl, fantastic idea! Ok, mine is from 1995...I can''t remember what label my dress was, and I can''t find a pic of me standing, but it was floor length and SUPER HOT, ha ha. My poor date...we only "went out" for a couple of months, and I remember he was so disappointed that my parents wouldn''t let me stay out all night and go to all the after parties. (My parents weren''t dummies
2.gif
)

prom95haha.JPG

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, so I had to go poke around on myspace to find this. It''s from Homecoming my senior year while I was still in Ohio, so this is fall 2003. I''m in the polka dots. (I''m also not sure how big this is going to be, so I apologize if it''s huge.)

oh03hc.jpg

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 8:40:54 PM
Author: choro72
Teeehehehe, gosh violet, your date is hysterical! What does he think of that picture now?
LostSapphire, you''re so adorable!!

I love these pictures!! Did prom dress + hair cost hurt as much back then as it does now, adjusted for inflation? My parents'' friend paid $200+ for her daughter''s prom dress
32.gif
Is that normal?
My mom made my dress. I remember having to save up from my part time job to buy the fabric, and I helped cut out the pattern and did all of the pre-basting etc... And HAIR? Are you kidding? However it came out after washing was about it...not much in the way of good hair products back then..I cringe when I look at how flat and stringy my hair is! I think my shoes were white patent platforms. THEY WERE HOT! (for 1975 that is!)

LS

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
We didn''t have a prom. When I finished school, we got a film (movie) and finished an hour earlier. How sad is that!
780920wevc3spomh.gif

Tell you what, I think I''ve got one of me in a long frock from around the same time - will that do?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
aww, you all look great Cinnamon, IloveAsschers, Monnie and pinkstars
36.gif
keep em coming
9.gif
hehe

Steph, I want to see your prom pic!!!
35.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Whoa baby Monnie, you were a hot mama!!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 9:02:44 PM
Author: Gailey
We didn''t have a prom. When I finished school, we got a film (movie) and finished an hour earlier. How sad is that!
780920wevc3spomh.gif

Tell you what, I think I''ve got one of me in a long frock from around the same time - will that do?
APPLESOLUTELY! Mine isn''t technically a prom pic either. We had ''dances'' but they were never called proms...

POST IT!

LS

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 9:10:39 PM
Author: LostSapphire

Date: 4/1/2009 9:02:44 PM
780920wevc3spomh.gif

APPLESOLUTELY! Mine isn''t technically a prom pic either. We had ''dances'' but they were never called proms...

POST IT!

LS
OK, I''ll go and scour about in the drawer that never gets opened. But you better promise to keep that evil DF off my back because it''s in black and white.

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Everyone looks so gorgeous!

This is FI and I and some friends at our formal (a.k.a Prom)

I am in the pink and FI is in the grey, with his eyes closed
3.gif

formal.jpg

waxing lyrical

Shiny_Rock
I didn''t go to prom. Somewhat the equivalent to "prom," 2002 Marine Corps Birthday Ball.

6p9lsp.jpg

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 9:14:53 PM
OK, I''ll go and scour about in the drawer that never gets opened. But you better promise to keep that evil DF off my back because it''s in black and white.
The ''evil DF'' has been very quiet since I called him out and asked for HIS prom pic!

Where are you DF? Is that a black and white pic or is it way back to the days of "Dageurrotype" link: http://licm.org.uk/livingImage/Dageurrotype.html

LS

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/1/2009 9:10:08 PM
Author: steph72276
Whoa baby Monnie, you were a hot mama!!
LOL, thanks Steph! I look a little "oompa-loompa" due to my insane addiction to the tanning beds at that time...that''s just what we did back in the ''90''s though, ha ha!

I love seeing everyone''s prom pics! The big thing to do when you were growing up in my hometown (very small factory town) was to go park on the square on prom evening and watch the parade of prom-goers going to the town photographer to get their pics taken. I cannot locate my professional one--my mom has it somewhere, I''m sure.

OuPear, next you should do a "Senior Pics" thread--didn''t we all do those? Or "Yearbook Pics," that would be even funnier!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
WOW, sexy monarch!!!

Thanks LS. Your mom is sure talented! I really like how flowy it is. And I don''t know what you''re talking about your hair. It''s so shiny!

Another question. From high school movies, I got the impression that proms were these once in a life-time special dance experience. However, since I came to the US, I learned that there are also Winter Balls, Homecoming, Junior Prom (and I have no idea what they are)...And as far as I can tell from the pictures that my friends have shown me, they all look about the same level of glam.
Are they? Do people spend so much money on each dances? What other are there? How is it with all these dances proms are still a big deal?

DF, still waiting for your picture! Don''t think you can hide away!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
YES! I love this thread.
I''ll add my own pictures to the mix when I get a chance to scan them--we didn''t have digital cameras when I was in high school, and DH and I don''t have a scanner, but I''ll deliver, promise. I had some *ahem* memorable dresses, for sure.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
aww, Dannielle and Waxing, too cute!

Here is mine. hehe
face20.gif
eta: 1994 LostSapphire and thanks.

File0004prom.jpg

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 9:40:29 PM
Author: Skippy123
Here is mine. hehe
face20.gif
Well, what a sweetie you are! But ya gotta post the YEAR skip!
LS

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
OK, now I wouldn''t do this for just anyone, but here I am in all my glory - circa 1976 ish.

No tittering from you young-uns.

Gailey prom 02.jpg

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Dannielle, what year?

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
GAILEY:

OH what treasures come forth from "the drawer that never gets opened".

Aren't you a sultry vixen!

LS

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/1/2009 9:40:29 PM
Author: Skippy123
aww, Dannielle and Waxing, too cute!

Here is mine. hehe
face20.gif
eta: 1994 LostSapphire and thanks.
Skip!!! Were you the Prom Queen???
36.gif

You looked GORGEOUS, dahling! YAY for the ''90s girls! (I graduated in 1996.)
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results