shape
carat
color
clarity

SI2

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

late-start

Rough_Rock
I would like to first thank all of those who have helped me over the past month on my extensive and now a bit divergent search.

I have the opportunity to pick up a 1.59eSI2. The only inclusion is a father wide feather at the corner. Doesn''t appear to extend to the edge. The table is absolutely clean. It is hard to see on the mag picture but very obvious on the micro. Would any of you be concerned about this?

Otherwise it''s a great looking diamond (which in the end is all that should matter) but it would bother me if it was obvious or could compromise the diamond in anyway.

feather2000001000.jpg

micro

feather2000000010001.jpg

The vendor should be able to tell you if it post a problem. If you are still unsure, sent it to an independent appraiser and let him check it.

Have you seen the stone in person? What did your eyes see? If not, has the vendor eyeballed it closely for you? What did s/he say?

I am a FIRM believer
2.gif
in carefully selected SI1 and 2 stones... LOVE THEM! Great "bang for the buck" and when they are eyeclean (which many of them are), and what a great find.

I happily wear (and love!) an AGS-0, 2.36 J/SI2. There''s a million photos of it around PS.

Date: 12/13/2008 6:39:20 PM
Author: Stone-cold11
The vendor should be able to tell you if it post a problem. If you are still unsure, sent it to an independent appraiser and let him check it.

I''m anxiously waiting to hear back form the vender, who I really trust. If worse comes to worse and i don''t lie it in person, I can always return it.

A good SI2 can save you lots of money.

are you not trying to find an asscher????????

I agree, and SI stone can be a great value. I am getting an SI1 that is eyeclean, and I can''t see not one thing. Which is funny because the inclusion map looks a bit intimidating, but I have tried and tried, even with the map, and nope. Can''t find one. I hope your stone comes through for you! Good luck!
36.gif

Date: 12/13/2008 5:57:07 PM
Author:late-start
I would like to first thank all of those who have helped me over the past month on my extensive and now a bit divergent search.

I have the opportunity to pick up a 1.59eSI2. The only inclusion is a father wide feather at the corner. Doesn''t appear to extend to the edge. The table is absolutely clean. It is hard to see on the mag picture but very obvious on the micro. Would any of you be concerned about this?

Otherwise it''s a great looking diamond (which in the end is all that should matter) but it would bother me if it was obvious or could compromise the diamond in anyway.

Ask the vendor to discuss the feather with you and whether it is an issue or not, it could well be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP