shape
carat
color
clarity

So I don’t dislike blue after all!!! My sapphire upgrade!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Long story short, bought a 2+ carat heated blue sapphire, didn’t mind it, agonised over whether to buy a bigger one. Little Sis, being the opportunist that she is, ran off with my little blue when she heard rumblings that I wanted a big one. “Get a bigger one. You know you want to,” she said.

So there I was, blue ringless, save for Bulbasaur the pastel blue sapphire that wasn’t really stereotypical blue sapphire.

Thus I began my hunt. To my horror prices had risen even since I bought Bulbasaur! Even for heated stuff and Bulbasaur was unheated.

“You want that much for heated??? You’re dreaming,” I scoffed.

Which led to me losing out on an absolutely divine “Peacock blue as designated by Lotus” sapphire. I was so so so sad.

Then someone offered me a heated royal blue but at 5 carats it was sad. Pretty but sad.

Then it was decided that my tolerance for dark was probably pretty low and definitely lower than trade.

I gave up for a while. I didn’t want a snot sized stone and everything I liked was tooooo expensive.

One day….. this just popped up. Unheated. She’s a touch over 8 carats and a bit deep but at this point it was “You get what you get and you don’t get upset.” Plus I loved her so there was nothing to be upset about. Plus unheated.

Inspired by Lil Sis constantly spamming me pictures of Elizabeth Taylor’s jewellery, I decided to make a poor woman’s version of her VCA Ruby ring. Freaked out a bit about it being too prongy. Kept asking the bench if it was too prongy. They said it was prongy but that I should live a little. So I did.

And here she is:

IMG_3737.jpegIMG_3726.jpegIMG_3698.jpegIMG_3708.jpegIMG_3717.jpegIMG_3713.jpeg

I love this story and I wish I had a big sister that I could pinch jewellery off. Would you have any photos of the ring that your sister took off with? It sounds like this was meant to be! Unheated and a lovely shade of blue. Congratulations on another stunning piece!

Way to go, thanks for sharing! :kiss2:

Blue, yellow and orange are not high on my list of colours that I like in CSs.

The blue and yellow CSs are both lab stones; orange ones are real CSs (fire Opal and a dark Citrine), and I do not plan to have them set in the foreseeable future! :confused2:

DK =)2

Gorgeous! The color, the elongated cushion shape, the diamonds! Swoon worthy!

Beautiful!!! I love how you narrate as well :lol:

Where did you find the stone? It’s exquisite!

WOWZA! Fab color and ring! So glam!

Beautiful!!! I love how you narrate as well :lol:

Where did you find the stone? It’s exquisite!

I don’t think any PSers would tolerate the conditions under which I bought the stone. It involved a roving person with stones to offload, an immediate cash transfer and absolutely no take backsies. Thank goodness it checked out with a reputable lab.

The things I do for size!!!

So over the top - in a good way! Love the color and the whites surrounding the sapphire.

I don’t think any PSers would tolerate the conditions under which I bought the stone. It involved a roving person with stones to offload, an immediate cash transfer and absolutely no take backsies. Thank goodness it checked out with a reputable lab.

The things I do for size!!!

Once again, I love the way that you explain everything. No take backsies. LOL

It’s gorgeous!!! Just delicious. :clap:

HI:

Stunning!!! I LOL at your "poor woman's version" comment--looks anything but "poor"!!

cheers--Sharon

:love::love::love:It's all prongy and fabulous!
Very yummy!

OH! Your new one is just gorgeous, from color to size, to setting! :kiss2::kiss2:

It is a lovely shade of blue. I like her very much! I can see why you did sketchy deals for her. Love her natural color!

Oops!…I Did It Again
by Britney Spears

“ Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah
Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

I think I did it again”

More pictures because I’m currently wearing her and dressed like an impoverished teenager (to cut costs and fund my jewellery habit, I buy discounted Miss Shop clothes which is the cheapy clothing brand for teens)

IMG_3768.jpegIMG_3769.jpegIMG_3779.jpegf320215b-c9c0-4ff4-b2ee-c70a47fcb6c4.jpeg

Beautiful !!

What a stunning colour! I want to do a backflip into your stone (and it’s probably big enough to take it) :lol: gorgeous, gorgeous ring!

Haha I actually asked my bench: Is this worth me shelling out for 4mm diamonds to try and copy Elizabeth Taylor or should we do a 2mm double halo and be done with it?

Large single halo was definitely the right choice IMO.

Wow, that is stunning…love that shade of blue!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP