shape
carat
color
clarity

Spring 2007 Must Haves!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
* Floaty, light babydoll dresses that can double as tops (over capri leggings or cropped jeans or something).
* Tops and dresses with an empire waist. I can''t wear anything that has a tie at the natural waist since that screams, "pretty ribbon around inner tube!"
* Mules with kitten heels
* Knee-length skirts that are full and swingy and brightly patterned.
* Tops in white or creamy colors.
* Wedges and platforms that aren''t too "thick" and won''t cause me to pass out from the pain.
* More leggings and skinny jeans (can never really have enough)
* Short swing coat with 3/4 length sleeves
* White eyelet dress

In general, I want to dress more ladylike and wear more floaty, fun dresses. But I plan to wear them over capri leggings or jeans because the blue veins in my legs have gotten soooo bad over the last year. Does anyone know if it would be faux pas to wear tights (semi-opaque or patterned) in the spring and summer? It''s cool enough here to warrant it.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kristy, I think you have some beautiful ideas there! I do want to say that I think you can definitely get away with wearing tights in the spring as long as they are very open weave or maybe even a huge fishnet. Try to stay away from anything too opaque or close weaved, as it will look very dark in contrast to a light spring/summer hem or dress in general. Have you ever tried nude colored fishnets? They''re just to die for, really, they make many dresses much edgier than what you would expect, especially with the right s
36.gif
35.gif
hoe.

aquarius_ser

Shiny_Rock
I live in the Midwest - Cincinnati, OH to be exact.... the high-end shopping here leaves a lot to be desired! My FH moved here for me from Chicago... I keep asking him if we can go downtown next time we visit his family! I want to go shopping! He hates downtown chi-town though... I guess it''s because he grew up there.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/1/2007 9:39:27 AM
Author: aquarius_ser
I live in the Midwest - Cincinnati, OH to be exact.... the high-end shopping here leaves a lot to be desired! My FH moved here for me from Chicago... I keep asking him if we can go downtown next time we visit his family! I want to go shopping! He hates downtown chi-town though... I guess it's because he grew up there.
I live in Huron, Ohio. (near Cedar Point Amusement park) I have to drive 45 minutes toward Cleveland to get a speck of decent shopping. Cincinnati's got to be a little better-lol.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m a total Cincinnatti Reds fan!!! I grew up in southern IN, so half my family are Chi. Cubs fans, and half are Reds fans--my dad has always been a Reds fan and made me promise him when I moved to Chicago that I wouldn''t forget my first team, lol. Last fall DH and I went to a Reds game and stayed in Covington for the weekend for our 3rd anniversary. I agree, the shopping in Cincy is not in the same league as other cities, but I guess anything''s better than a strip mall, ha!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/15/2007 5:08:01 PM
Author: canuk-gal

Date: 2/15/2007 2:38:00 PM
Author: Allisonfaye
Sharon: Love that Etro dress. I have just discovered Etro stuff. Luckily for my bank account, the two blouses I love are too long in the sleeves and I don''t want to alter an $800 blouse.
They have another dress at NM that is really cute but I just wouldn''t get enough wear to spend that kind of money right now.
HI:

Allisonfaye: Etro has such cool prints and well made clothing that it is hard not to love it. Holt Renfrew has the dress--but it is mid-thigh, and I''m thinking at 46 maybe that is just ''pushing'' it a bit. But I love yellow and the neckline was otherwise perfect for me.
I really wanted the Burburry babydoll silk number- but Holt''s is not getting that one so I''d have to buy it online, and I dunno about sizing, etc, etc.....boohoo

cheers--Sharon
HI:

Turns out that Holt''s is getting that Burberry babydoll silk dress afterall--my SA just called me about it. Hopefully I''ll get there to try it on this weekend, and peek at those gorgeous d''orsay red Prada patton flats and at that little Prada red or yellow bag.....
41.gif

cheers--Sharon

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i got a few cute goodies from old navy yesterday, nothing impressive, just some cute cargo beach shorts, a white tshirt and a cute kind of floaty cotton babydollyish top with rolled tank straps in a pink. best part was it was all under $60. hehe. i am trying to hold out for when the really cute summer stuff comes out, in the past i end up stocking up on things too soon then i am like ...darn there''s more cute stuff out!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/8/2007 6:02:29 PM
Author: Mara
in the past i end up stocking up on things too soon then i am like ...darn there''s more cute stuff out!
HI:

Ya, I did this with white Anne Klein shoes two seasons ago--never wore them. And regretted that white Kenneth Cole bag of last year--but this year I am planning on consigning stuff never or gently worn. I have several things I can pick out of my "summer" closet worth sending--even tho you get pittance, it is better than nothing.

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ay src="http://images.ninewest.com/images/nw/product/PG.MOONGLOWN3.CRIMSLE.PD.jpg" _extended="true">
Decided on these from Nine West--just saved myself $500 bucks not buying the Prada! Ha!

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice!! How much toe cleavage do they show?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2007 9:39:27 AM
Author: aquarius_ser
I live in the Midwest - Cincinnati, OH to be exact.... the high-end shopping here leaves a lot to be desired! My FH moved here for me from Chicago... I keep asking him if we can go downtown next time we visit his family! I want to go shopping! He hates downtown chi-town though... I guess it''s because he grew up there.

i grew up in Cincinnati and lived there until I moved away to go to grad school. I go visit my family several times a year and miss it. My hubby is from Chicago too but grew up about 40 minutes away on the North Shore but he loves downtown. We go visit several times there a year too. I must agree with you that the shopping in Cinci isn''t the best but it''s a heck of a lot better than nashville at the time being.

I love skyline and graeter''s and even went to laRosa''s my last trip home (although it wasn''t as good as it used to be it still tasted yummy )
18.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH to be young again. Mara, I envy your shorts and darling top you bought. Wish I could wear those again.
8.gif

Linda

aquarius_ser

Shiny_Rock

Ooohh, I do love Graeters too (although I rarely eat it) (and Larosa''s) but my FH HATES Larosas so I never get to have it really... He says it''s the worst pizza he''s ever had! And that we don''t know how to make pizza in Cinti!!! He eats frozen pizza from Meijer instead! O''well, he needs to take me to chicago shopping and buy me some good pizza then I guess! He grew up on the south side (way south - Orland, I think).

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
so i visited the new Neiman Marcus last call outlet at this mall yesterday and all i can say is ay carumba! i am going to be spending way too much time there from now on. i think i spent 2 hours in there and visited the dressing rooms 3-4x. i only bought 3 things but WOW i could have gone nuts.

they have a ton ton ton of theory stuff as well as a ton of other brands like laundry, nanette lepore, elle tahari, rock n''republic, joie, marc jacobs, roberto rodriguez, juicy, etc. i love theory so i was in heaven! i ended up getting the cutest pinstriped gray and cream cuffed shorts with a cream tie ribbon/belt from roberto rodriguez. retail was like $220 and they were $70! and then a pair of joie''s classic drawstring cuffed cargo pants in this pretty soft light green, and then a pair of theory cuffed shorts with buttons on the sides that are a ''slim'' straight fit and hit kind of mid-thigh, very cute with espadrilles and a flowing top and super flattering thanks to the cut.

i really wanted to take home this SWEET pair of white elle tahari sateen dress pants but the smallest they had was a 4 and it was already a little baggy around my butt and thighs and i thought, okay within an hour they will be REALLY too big. and i am the worst about dealing with alterations and for $100 i''d prefer they actually fit right. soooo i didn''t get them but i was sad. they were an awesome cut and no front pockets so nothing to ruin the lines!! i tried on a bunch of other pants from theory and other brands but so many of them had horrible fat pockets that were just ruining the line of the pants...so disappointing.

can''t wait to go back in a few weeks or so and see what else they have!! i was pretty impressed at their selection for spring and summer considering that it is just getting warm here so it''s ''in season''...they hardly had any winter stuff which is mostly what is in OTHER outlet stores!

anyone else gotten cute spring finds so far since the last post ?!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Sounds good Mara--I love those labels too. Tried on some wonderful striped Michael Kors city shorts (long) and striped capri pants today, but alas only the size 4 (and up) were left and didn''t fit. I''m planning on checking out another couple of shops I know who carry MK as those bottoms were worth seeking out.

cheers--Sharon

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m still in basics-buying mode...picked up some JCrew pieces online recently, including some chino shorts and long ribbed tanks in solids and stripes. I love the length of their tanks, and the weight...just wish they''d come out with some l/s or 3/4 length sleeve tees that are ribbed and long like the tanks!

Mara, those cuffed shorts you bought sound adorable! I just got an ad from Loehmann''s and they have tons of those little pinstriped cuffed shorts shown with long layering pieces, cropped fitted jackets and waist-cinching belts with pumps or wedges--such a great look!
36.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got a couple of big cuff bracelets, I really think they look great with three quarter length sleeves.

I got a couple of cute tunics from Tory Burch, more sheer with some beading, and a couple of pairs of nice long shorts. With flats wedges or espadrilles they will look great.

I also got a great black satin short double breasted little coat, with white stitching and white buttons from Pink Tartan, I had never heard of it and I love it.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought a super cute straw handbag yesterday with black trim. (Which is a huge boon for me because I love straw handbags but I only ever find them with brown trim for some reason and I never wear brown shoes.) Now all I need is for it to get warm enough to actually carry it!

I''m also thinking about some wingtip maryjanes (I know that sounds like a weird combot, but they''re really cute) that I saw the other day, but it''s raining (again) and I don''t want them bad enough to get wet over, LOL.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So far, I''ve bought a pair of black cropped leggings and a pair of white ones too. I really need to keep my scabby and varicose-covered legs hidden for the good of mankind.
20.gif

I also bought two new pairs of shoes....one of which gave me awful blisters so I won''t be wearing those ever again. I hate the "no returns if you''ve worn them outside" rule because a lot of the time, you don''t know if they''ll really work for you unless you wear them outside for a full day! So now I''m stuck with a pair of $150 Via Spiga platform wedges.
15.gif

I bought a couple staples for layering -- brown and white slim-fitting t-shirts. They were expensive at $58 each but they are high-quality and will last a long while. Also got a cheapie yellow-striped t-shirt from Nordie''s Juniors and a cute red-brown tank that will look great with something layered underneath it. Lastly, I bought a short cropped brown jacket with a ballerina neckline from Bloomie''s for $40 on clearance. It should arrive any day no!

But no more shopping....I need to save up for our trip to Vegas in a couple weeks!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2007 1:01:47 AM
Author: diamondfan
I also got a great black satin short double breasted little coat, with white stitching and white buttons from Pink Tartan, I had never heard of it and I love it.
I have a black and white houndstooth coat from Pink Tartan and I love it! They have a lot of cutting edge stylish things.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would like the Hermes Constance bag. I''m not sure whether they still make it, though.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I found the cutest pair of charles David sandals at this shoe wearhouse for $26.00. I still can''t believe it. Now I''m on a mission to find cute outfits to match b/c nothing in my current wardrobe will go, but I just loved these..

charlesdavidgreatfind.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2007 1:40:54 PM
Author: KristyDarling
So far, I''ve bought a pair of black cropped leggings and a pair of white ones too. I really need to keep my scabby and varicose-covered legs hidden for the good of mankind.
20.gif

I also bought two new pairs of shoes....one of which gave me awful blisters so I won''t be wearing those ever again. I hate the ''no returns if you''ve worn them outside'' rule because a lot of the time, you don''t know if they''ll really work for you unless you wear them outside for a full day! So now I''m stuck with a pair of $150 Via Spiga platform wedges.
15.gif

I bought a couple staples for layering -- brown and white slim-fitting t-shirts. They were expensive at $58 each but they are high-quality and will last a long while. Also got a cheapie yellow-striped t-shirt from Nordie''s Juniors and a cute red-brown tank that will look great with something layered underneath it. Lastly, I bought a short cropped brown jacket with a ballerina neckline from Bloomie''s for $40 on clearance. It should arrive any day no!

But no mIore shopping....I need to save up for our trip to Vegas in a couple weeks!
KD, get thee to the footcare section in your local drugstore! There are all kinds of great products for blisters, I tried a bunch of them last year when I did the breast cancer walk and they really work! I know...sneakers vs. wedges? Yes, the products can definitely work for less casual footwear! No need to give up on a pair of great shoes because they''re giving you blisters!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
they are a great line that a boutique near me started to carry. It is from Paris I think, and they have some great stuff!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2007 10:18:42 PM
Author: mrssalvo
I found the cutest pair of charles David sandals at this shoe wearhouse for $26.00. I still can''t believe it. Now I''m on a mission to find cute outfits to match b/c nothing in my current wardrobe will go, but I just loved these..
OOh, those are cute Mrs. S! I''m thinking denim pencil skirt and print blouse with fitted red cardigan unbuttoned over it!
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooh mrs salvo those are sooo cute!!!

i would wear a white cotton eyelet babydoll kinda dress and then a cropped fitted jean jacket with those cuties. ooh la la!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2007 3:04:31 AM
Author: Mara
oooh mrs salvo those are sooo cute!!!

i would wear a white cotton eyelet babydoll kinda dress and then a cropped fitted jean jacket with those cuties. ooh la la!

I''ve already got the jean jacket so I''m almost there. I plan on doing some shopping on monday while my kids are in school to see what I can find. I love the idea of a white cotton dress though. Do you think the white will look ok with the straw like color on the shoes? I am also wanting to get a pair of jeans in a dark wash to wear with them and a cute little lacey top of some sort. I''d love to try the paige''s you rave about mara but no one in my area carries them. I should of tried some on at Nordie''s when I was in chicago last week. this weeks people has that actress hayden Panettiere in a of Paige''s and she''s my height and they are exactly what I''m looking for, but I don''t know what size to even order to try them out...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh yeah the white will be the perfect foil for the shoes. old navy has some white eyelet dresses for like $34. the best thing is that the straw almost goes with anything. i think those with jeans and a white babydoll or a red and white patterned babydoll would be super cute too. try checking zafu for recommendations on what size to try in paige...they were pretty spot on with recommendations for my shape and size.

golden

Shiny_Rock
I want a pair of patent leather Christian Louboutin shoes....either the pump or sling back
22.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monnie -- thanks for the tip! I'll have to check them out!

MrsS -- adorable sandals!! Definitely a flowy sundress..with maybe one of those cute swingy cropped cardigans that are so hip right now!

Mara -- SPILL GIRL! Which mall is this new NM Last Call outlet located at? I must know!!! BTW, you exercised great restraint, stopping at only 3 items! Oh, and you mentioned that size 4 pants are too big on you? Girl, I think we wear the same size bottoms.
10.gif
(size 2, WITH muffin-top in my case)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results