shape
carat
color
clarity

Tennis Bracelet

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
Hello everybody :)

I bought a lot of european cut diamonds, ranging from 0.1 ct too 0.65ct in total about 8.5 ctw. I want CvB to make me a tennis bracelet with the diamonds. Now I'm just unsure about the setting. I want a Jessica Mccormack inspired Setting. I love that the diamonds lower side are in gold, which makes it especially comfortable to wear (I would imagine). But I ask myself how do I clean the diamonds properly? Doesn't dirt and dust build up in these types of settings?

Thank you for sharing your advice :) signature_bracelet_b_1_.jpg

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Curious to see replies. I have been wondering about the logistics of her button back settings and other closed back collets. Personally it drives me bonkers when my stones aren’t clean so I would not do this.

Hello everybody :)

I bought a lot of european cut diamonds, ranging from 0.1 ct too 0.65ct in total about 8.5 ctw. I want CvB to make me a tennis bracelet with the diamonds. Now I'm just unsure about the setting. I want a Jessica Mccormack inspired Setting. I love that the diamonds lower side are in gold, which makes it especially comfortable to wear (I would imagine). But I ask myself how do I clean the diamonds properly? Doesn't dirt and dust build up in these types of settings?

Thank you for sharing your advice :) signature_bracelet_b_1_.jpg

In general closed back/cupped settings like this are an absolute nightmare to clean. I am debating buying a piece of jewelry with cupped rose cuts (at the end of the year though) and one thing that’s holding me back is the impossibility of cleaning!

I was told by my jeweler the only way to clean anything that is cupped like this is to dip a q-tip in some isopropyl and just gently rub the visible surface of every diamond with it; and to bring the piece in for a professional steam cleaning once in a while.

You also should avoid getting it wet as much as possible - no matter how watertight they make it, it isn't perfect, and once water gets inside the only way to clean is to have the stone removed from the setting, I believe.

Last edited:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful inspo!

I have a patina’d silver / yellow gold collet setting not from CvB, but from Sako. It’s completely closed back.

He said that the setting is watertight - so the pavilion of the stone and the inside cup should stay clean.

I assume unless the setting is compromised by damage - that should remain the same.

As for cleaning - am too chicken to submerse it and test the water tightness.
I guess if that fails and the pavilion gets dirty/cloudy to where it’s annoying - it can be removed, cleaned, fixed and reset back to original state.

if surface wiping your diamonds clean doesn’t sound appealing to you - the collet settings can be done with a open back. Still curved, still decorative though.

The patina if disrupted by the cleaning or wearing, can come back on its own, you can have it reapplied, or you can DIY via eggs or something.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would think a backing like that could be constructed with an opening at the back, but still curved like the inspo for comfort. Talk to CVB about that.

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
Thank your to everybody weighing in. You all made great points. What I also like about this design (compared to the classic tennis bracelets) is that the diamonds aren’t linked so rigidly (like a classic tennis bracelet). But would these links make the diamonds prone to flipping around?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results