shape
carat
color
clarity

Tennis Necklace

lsudu2

Rough_Rock
First, its been a while since I've posted here, but 15 years ago this group helped me tremendously with selecting a diamond for my wife's engagement ring. Fast forward 15 years, and I'm looking to purchase a diamond tennis necklace for our 15th anniversary and know nothing about them. I know she likes shorter lengths (tighter necklaces), I've got about 12k to spend, and not interested in lab grown. I've got some time, but wanted to get the ball rolling now. Any help with education and specific pieces would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,
I think my first question would be do you want what most call a tennis necklace where all the diamonds are the same size
Screenshot 2024-07-17 203915.png

Or a Riviere where the size of the stones is graduated like this.

Screenshot 2024-07-17 203827.png

that will help folks to narrow down recommendations. However if she likes them tighter, I would think it would be the tennis style, but others may have a different opinion.

And what a nice gift!

I’m no expert but here’s some to look at.

I think WHiteflash doesn’t use ACAs in their necklaces anymore so you’d want to confirm diamond quality with them.

Round Brilliant 10.00 ctw VS2 Clarity, G Color Diamond 14kt White Gold Eternity Strand Necklace At costco for $11k.

IDJewelry in NY has lots of line necklaces. https://idjewelry.com/10-35ct-diamond-necklace-n5198wd.html
$12k.

Also what’s important with tennis necklaces especially (non-graded) is that they don’t flip or turn too much. This can be avoided if the person making your necklace knows what they are doing.

I think 10-12pts per stone is the minimum size I personally like for presence without being too OTT. From the comment above, IDJewelry and Costco both seem like their necklaces would fit the bill, so I’d start there :) not in the US so can’t provide vendor recommendations.

I think @lulu_ma might be able to help you as I think she bought her first tennis necklace from Deejay jewelers and was quite happy with the results!

Last edited:
I bought mine from DeeJay jewelers and was delighted.
Despite going for a longer length to prevent rolling, it still rolled.
So I put a pendant on it and ta da, no rolling.
Mine is Riviera because I wanted bigger at front where you see it.
IMG_4929.jpegIMG_4942.jpeg

Hi,
I think my first question would be do you want what most call a tennis necklace where all the diamonds are the same size
Screenshot 2024-07-17 203915.png

Or a Riviere where the size of the stones is graduated like this.

Screenshot 2024-07-17 203827.png

that will help folks to narrow down recommendations. However if she likes them tighter, I would think it would be the tennis style, but others may have a different opinion.

And what a nice gift!

Tennis

I’m here to also recommend ID Jewelry in NYC. We love them and have purchased from them since 2019. Give them a call - they’ll send you pics and best pricing.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP