clarity

The Norwegian Floodwall protecting Tampa General Hospital

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fascinating!

5.png

I wrongly assumed those angled support bars would have to be on the dry side,
But it is the weight of the floodwater above the fence's base that holds the fence there.

Last edited:
This might be similar to the principle that the water in a pool is what holds it in place. Water is what holds up above-ground pool walls and prevents inground pools from popping out of the ground. I've been told never to empty a pool unless for repair or replacement.

Lets hope it holds! It would be nice to see it in action.

I follow a Dr. on IG who is usually activated during hurricanes. She and her kids are holding up in a hospital (not sure
which one). Her husband took the family pets, 4 cats, and left. Their house is in a low-lying area. It was flooded by Helene
and by a previous hurricane. They are saving money to have the house raised up because they love the area/schools they are
in. Sounds expensive. The good news (?) is they just tore everything out of the house from Helene so they wont have to do that
again for Milton.

Fingers firmly crossed that the wall will protect the hospital.

DK :))

Lets hope it holds! It would be nice to see it in action.

I follow a Dr. on IG who is usually activated during hurricanes. She and her kids are holding up in a hospital (not sure
which one). Her husband took the family pets, 4 cats, and left. Their house is in a low-lying area. It was flooded by Helene
and by a previous hurricane. They are saving money to have the house raised up because they love the area/schools they are
in. Sounds expensive. The good news (?) is they just tore everything out of the house from Helene so they wont have to do that
again for Milton.

in my old job i had many dealings with a house moving company, lifting houses up was their bread and butter, its less expensive to lift it up (and in most of their cases build more house under it) than build another story on top

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP