shape
carat
color
clarity

The popularity of Halo Rings.. a ??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
I would say maybe 1/5 of the rings here in LA have halo, back home in the midwest where I am now for the holidays...I never see any. Just tiny diamonds set in a six prong plain settings, not a lot of bling to admire here LOL!

I like to think of it as a classic that has finally returned to popularity, not a trend, lol!! After all, look at the fay cullen site! So many antique rings on there that are halos!!

Rascal, I live near Danbury :)

Where are you?

I haven''t seen any on someone''s hand in person, only in stores. I think you''re right, it''s a classic that''s returning to popularity!
I''m in CT as well!! I live in Stratford and work in Stamford. Howdy neighbors!

Besides my own, I've only seen one other in person. My best friend has a good-sized radiant set in a Michael B-type halo with two micro pave bands on either side. It is gorgeous!

I get a lot of compliments on the uniqueness and old-timey-ness of my ring. I'm drawn to antique-style jewelry and everything that I wear on a daily basis reflects that. So for me, it was not a trend, but just the type of jewelry I've always loved.

I have a antique-style pendant that I wear, and my RHR stack bands are Art Deco-inspired as well.

I think if it is YOUR style, you never need to worry about it going "out of style".

I''m a HUGE antique fan also...and keep going back and forth with whether I want a halo for my ering. I''ve never seen one irl here in the midwest...I''m sure they exist but I haven''t come across one yet!

IrishAngel, if you come to the May gem show you'll be able to see MY halo ring
9.gif
(if the damn thing ever comes, that is!).

Hasn''t come yet? Are you placing bets? How bout before 2007? I will DEFINITELY be at the May show or if anyone comes up with an excuse to get together before then to drool at your halo ring!
2.gif

In real life, I know a girl who has a radiant halo (which is gorgeous!) and one with a round halo (also very nice).

DeeJay, I''m dying to see your new halo! It looks just incredible from the pictures you''ve shown so far.

My friends daughter has a beautiful halo. I tried one on because I love the way they look, but they do not look good on me.

From where I am from, the people are fashionable but sad to say when it comes to their erings they tend to be more consevative. I've only seen 2 halos so far other than mine. One was a beautiful 3 stone radiant halo and the other one was rb with a big halo.

I see them in all the fashion magazines.

I have only known one person with a halo, a coworker at my previous job. I''ve been to lots of weddings lately and have had lots of friends get engaged, no halos. I''ve seen them all over sites and up close in Macys. Before finding this site, I also thought the halo was unique, is isn''t unique on pricescope but still seems to be pretty unique out in the real world.

Date: 12/19/2006 11:52:37 AM
Author: treysar
I like to think of it as a classic that has finally returned to popularity, not a trend, lol!! After all, look at the fay cullen site! So many antique rings on there that are halos!!

Rascal, I live near Danbury :)

Where are you?
Sorry Treysar, I totally forgot about this thread! Silly me
3.gif

I'm down on the shoreline, near Stratford
1.gif
I actually make many trips up to the Danbury mall since they have a Sephora and an Apple store there
2.gif

Date: 12/19/2006 12:05:03 PM
Author: PaulaW
I haven''t seen any on someone''s hand in person, only in stores. I think you''re right, it''s a classic that''s returning to popularity!
I''m in CT as well!! I live in Stratford and work in Stamford. Howdy neighbors!
Howdy Paula, you live right near me!
3.gif
And my husband works in Stamford lol

Okay, back to the actual thread, I have officially seen a halo engagement ring....on my MIL!! She had her original e-ring stone, a pear, reset into a halo. It's gorgeous!! And no one can believe that it is the same stone, the difference is amazing
10.gif

The funniest part is that she just left the stone with the jeweler and told him she wanted something antique-ish. She had no idea what the type of ring was called; she and my SIL both stared at me when I told them it was a halo lol. And my SIL received a halo necklace like the Ritani and WF ones, and she too had no idea what it was called. She just showed her husband a picture of it and told him to show it to his jeweler.
3.gif

I''ve not seen any IRL accept in a few stores. Most people wear solitaires, 3 stones, 5 stones, and bands. Also a LOT of mall type cluster bridal sets. On rare occasions I see someone with a reallly pretty antique/repro, but they are few and far between. I don''t even see that many eternity bands (not real ones, anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP