shape
carat
color
clarity

The upgrade to end all upgrades...

Well, this *is* Pricescope, And we are all enabler here …. so …. what if you keep this amazing gorgeous diamond as a solitaire - and then get another diamond like around 5 carats that you can completely do whatever setting you want?? Because I know you can put five carats in a chunky halo, And then then you get the best of both worlds! Then you can wear the diamond of your dreams one day and the setting of your dreams the next day!

I am just obsessed with your beautiful diamond , it’s amazing and I absolutely love seeing pictures of it (I think I speak for many of us when I say that!) So please feel free to post as many pictures as you take!! It is really truly stunning!

Haha- I don't think my husband can stomach another 100k+ for a second diamond of 5 carats and at least J color (but let's be real it will have to be a gia H lOLOL) so realistically another 120k? Plus, I'm trying to be a responsible 30 something year old- gotta invest for retirement a bit more heavily while putting money away for the kiddo.

Well nothing could ever overwhelm this diamond so you're safe there!

Haha I'm sure if I put it in a clunky setting it will look fake and overwhelmed.

Haha I'm sure if I put it in a clunky setting it will look fake and overwhelmed.

Maybe if the setting looked cheap or wasn't well-made! But yours obviously wouldn't be either. And what does it really matter if someone else thinks it's fake or lab?

Did none of Mike's designs feel quite right? It seems like there must be a way to do a solitaire or a teensy halo with a fancy gallery in some style you find inspiring..... I personally loved the idea of something celestial that only you can see.

And I still am not convinced that a halo isn't the way to go for you, for whatever that's worth. This pictured diamond is 'only' 6 carats and the ring size is obviously bigger than yours, but come on! It's beautiful and obviously not overwhelming the diamond. I feel like there's something about Leon's halos on mega diamonds that just looks 'right'.

1718014137002.png
1718014448929.png

Anyways, it's so fun to see your process throughout. I can't wait to see where she ends up! :)

I feel like there's something about Leon's halos on mega diamonds that just looks 'right'.

1718014137002.png

It makes them look "finished". Like a jewel - not "a rock in prongs".

Apart from the fact that they're unbelievably gorgeous!

@Resonance.Of.Life - it'd be big - but it's already big and that's a lot of its gorgeousness. And cushions and halos were made for each other. I agree with the Leon suggestion - and @newtojewels, that Leon setting is sublime!

I hear your reservations about the Singlestone setting, but I think virtually any diamond of any size can handle a discreet halo. And - as NewtoJewels said - there's no overwhelming that baby!

Looking forward to seeing where you land. :kiss2:

Clearly we all want to participate in a setting project for this stone! :lol:

Honestly the only people who would think it was fake in a halo are already thinking it’s fake without a halo. Who cares what they think!

Here’s a “looser” look:

1718076813357.png

Honestly the only people who would think it was fake in a halo are already thinking it’s fake without a halo. Who cares what they think!
I was thinking this too. That ship has sailed! May as well do what pleases the heart.

Clearly we all do want a setting project for this stone! lol But ROL knows her mind and will not be moved by our pleas until she is good and ready. Apparently that won’t stop us from trying :cool2:

Maybe if the setting looked cheap or wasn't well-made! But yours obviously wouldn't be either. And what does it really matter if someone else thinks it's fake or lab?

Did none of Mike's designs feel quite right? It seems like there must be a way to do a solitaire or a teensy halo with a fancy gallery in some style you find inspiring..... I personally loved the idea of something celestial that only you can see.

And I still am not convinced that a halo isn't the way to go for you, for whatever that's worth. This pictured diamond is 'only' 6 carats and the ring size is obviously bigger than yours, but come on! It's beautiful and obviously not overwhelming the diamond. I feel like there's something about Leon's halos on mega diamonds that just looks 'right'.

1718014137002.png
1718014448929.png

Anyways, it's so fun to see your process throughout. I can't wait to see where she ends up! :)

I think mostly because a lot of his designs closed the gallery up- I'm not sure if it would make it look "heavy" if that makes sense? Esp when it already is a large piece, is making it look heavy with an intricate design vs airy with an intricate design a wise idea?

It's just because of the sheer size of this stone, I know any handforged piece is going to be $$$ my last piece was literally half the size of this one and that setting was already $$$$$$. I can't afford to really mess it up several times.

It makes them look "finished". Like a jewel - not "a rock in prongs".

Apart from the fact that they're unbelievably gorgeous!

@Resonance.Of.Life - it'd be big - but it's already big and that's a lot of its gorgeousness. And cushions and halos were made for each other. I agree with the Leon suggestion - and @newtojewels, that Leon setting is sublime!

I hear your reservations about the Singlestone setting, but I think virtually any diamond of any size can handle a discreet halo. And - as NewtoJewels said - there's no overwhelming that baby!

Looking forward to seeing where you land. :kiss2:

I love halos- as we all know. But I also love a complicated halo (snort). I really ideally would love a halo with fancy cut diamonds in the setting, but I only got so much finger real estate! I was toying with the idea of having a convertible piece, where i can get the outrageous huge halo design in a pendant format when I don't want a huge piece on my finger.
Clearly we all want to participate in a setting project for this stone! :lol:

Here’s a “looser” look:

1718076813357.png

You do have fair points. haha

I was thinking this too. That ship has sailed! May as well do what pleases the heart.

Clearly we all do want a setting project for this stone! lol But ROL knows her mind and will not be moved by our pleas until she is good and ready. Apparently that won’t stop us from trying :cool2:

hahaha I mean, truly that ship has sailed.

Photo before my son’s appointment today . “Mommy, your diamond looks so pretty! Take a picture!”
C42C2581-00B4-4BA3-BD17-C52C941B726D.jpeg

Photo before my son’s appointment today . “Mommy, your diamond looks so pretty! Take a picture!”
C42C2581-00B4-4BA3-BD17-C52C941B726D.jpeg

Your son was absolutely correct and how wonderful that you indulged him! It allowed us some spectacular eye candy!!!

It's not that I didn't notice the size of your diamond, but the beauty of it eclipsed the size by far! I adore that this setting lets your diamond shine and be the sole focus.

Of course all that matters is what you love! Good luck with deciding.
Don't let anyone rush you! ;)

I get the vapors just looking at that regal gal!

Honestly I am all over the place with my final setting desires:

A). Arielle Ratner. I love the look of her pieces, but it isn't exactly my usual taste. Bold, chunky, and mostly yellow gold
B) A lesser known jeweler whose craftsmen work for VCA, Cartier, JAR ect. But with a "convertible ring" idea. Either multiple settings where I can pop the center stone in and out of or a pendant/ring situation. (Floral, celestial, or sea themed)
C) Marla Aaron (unusual I know) in one of her DiMe engagement rings (probably bezeled)- most likely matte rose gold+ platinum.
D). David Michael Jewels. Possibly a halo or an intricate solitaire (celestial or floral themed)
E) Keep a plain solitaire and have some bands made from various people (ie: Marrow Fine, Jewels by Grace, Arielle Ratner, ect).

OMG THE COLORS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, mine are labs, because i cant imagine wearing an earth mined this size, but I now have 2, both 5.5ct on size 4.25, one is in a halo and one isnt. The "isn't" in a halo is being made right now so i dont actually have it in hand, but i get it, sometimes you want the extra sparkle of the halo, and sometimes you just want plain where you just see the main diamond.

Personally i love this setting but happy to see all your ideas!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP