shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Third time’s a charm – meet Kallista my HG 5.68ct M SI1 OMC platinum ring by DK

So lovely! Wear it in good health!

What a gorgeous piece of art and the diamond is just stunning! Congratulations on your upgrade in honor of your daughter. I love the ring on her precious little hand!!

So lovely! Wear it in good health!

Thank you so much.

What a gorgeous piece of art and the diamond is just stunning! Congratulations on your upgrade in honor of your daughter. I love the ring on her precious little hand!!

Thank you. I agree the diamond is stunning. I fell in love with it when I first saw it posted. Thank for your the kind wishes. My daughter's birthstone is diamond so it's perfect! She's going to be my hand model from now on.

:love:S T U N N I N G!! :love:
Your ring is perfect in every way.. including you sweet little hand model.
I'm going to try that with my granddaughter.. thanks for the idea!

Just beautiful! I love the faceting! Congratulations, i know the struggle of wanting a bigger carat weight, i am so happy that you were able to get what you wanted!

:love:S T U N N I N G!! :love:
Your ring is perfect in every way.. including you sweet little hand model.
I'm going to try that with my granddaughter.. thanks for the idea!

Thank you so much! I think my hand model wears it better than me haha. Yes try it with your granddaughter. If it wasn't so cold here I'd try and take one with her little foot too. They won't be this little for long.

Just beautiful! I love the faceting! Congratulations, i know the struggle of wanting a bigger carat weight, i am so happy that you were able to get what you wanted!

Thank you so much! I love the faceting too. It was the first thing I noticed. Haha I knew you would get the size and reaching for something bigger. Here's a comparison video so you can see the size difference! I'm so thrilled with how it turned out.

There is so much joy in this post it is making my heart burst! You deserve this ring in every imaginable measure. And despite the longer wait it’s so special you got it just in time for Mother’s Day!
I had so much fun following your journey and finding a stone sister :love:
I adore the setting, it’s so elegant and regal! Please please please wear her as much as possible!

There is so much joy in this post it is making my heart burst! You deserve this ring in every imaginable measure. And despite the longer wait it’s so special you got it just in time for Mother’s Day!
I had so much fun following your journey and finding a stone sister :love:
I adore the setting, it’s so elegant and regal! Please please please wear her as much as possible!

Thank you so much HG twin! You know it means so much to me, the journey of motherhood and celebrating with this ring. Not just the ring itself but the search to find the stone was a feat in itself.

Thank you for hearing me out and lending me all your ideas! I know I kept saying we will reset into prongs when the kids are older but I actually think it's too nice to take apart! It might just be my forever setting (might need a third smaller 3 stone prong ring hahaha). I'm definitely wearing her as much as possible lol and even though the weather here is gloomy, I get 1 good photo a day hahaha and that's enough.

I always said this will be my DD's one day.. and I'm trying to convince hubby to let me keep my smaller omc. Someone gave me the perfect idea, it can be for my DS.. think about a killer gypsy ring lol! I love bling friends and their not so crazy ideas haha.

Last edited:
Thank you so much! I think my hand model wears it better than me haha. Yes try it with your granddaughter. If it wasn't so cold here I'd try and take one with her little foot too. They won't be this little for long.

Thank you so much! I love the faceting too. It was the first thing I noticed. Haha I knew you would get the size and reaching for something bigger. Here's a comparison video so you can see the size difference! I'm so thrilled with how it turned out.

I can't wait to see the cluster too!! :dance:

I can't wait to see the cluster too!! :dance:

Me too. Just need to get to a jeweller soon........ Wish we had someone like DK here.

This is so far beyond stunning!!! I adore everything about your gorgeous HG! And the pic of it on your baby girl's wee hands...oh my :kiss2:

Congratulations on every front!!!

This is so far beyond stunning!!! I adore everything about your gorgeous HG! And the pic of it on your baby girl's wee hands...oh my :kiss2:

Congratulations on every front!!!

Thank you so much for your lovely comment. There is a lot to celebrate. I know haha everyone loves the photo with my baby girl's hand. She could be a hand model.

@maryjane04, this ring is absolutely gorgeous!! Wow, what a diamond! The setting is perfection and looks amazing on you. That feeling of being totally content and thrilled with a piece is just the best, I'm so happy for you!

OH MY GOSH!!!!!! WHOA!! this is an AMAZING upgrade!!!! I feel like the bigger sizes just allow the delicious facets to REALLY show! Like, the facets are broader on the old cuts as it is, but once you get a higher carat weight you can REALLY see that faceting! I am in love with your upgrade! Enjoy spending all weekend under trees with a camera... lol! my neighbors must think i am such a weirdo always outside taking pics of my ring... LOL

Also, congratulations on your new baby daughter!

@maryjane04, this ring is absolutely gorgeous!! Wow, what a diamond! The setting is perfection and looks amazing on you. That feeling of being totally content and thrilled with a piece is just the best, I'm so happy for you!

Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm definitely content with all the hard work I've put in and I'm very proud of what I've achieved in my family and in my ring. It's definitely a celebration piece.

OH MY GOSH!!!!!! WHOA!! this is an AMAZING upgrade!!!! I feel like the bigger sizes just allow the delicious facets to REALLY show! Like, the facets are broader on the old cuts as it is, but once you get a higher carat weight you can REALLY see that faceting! I am in love with your upgrade! Enjoy spending all weekend under trees with a camera... lol! my neighbors must think i am such a weirdo always outside taking pics of my ring... LOL

Also, congratulations on your new baby daughter!

Yes that's what I was telling someone. It's not my photography skills that were lacking lol I just needed a bigger diamond. I am definitely out the front a lot taking photos but I'm wary of strangers. It's not feeling as safe as it used to around here.

Thank you so much!! Here's my foot model hahaha

IMG20240525080524.jpg

I love the setting so much! The stone is beautiful of course but I am such a sucker for well done milgrain and a thin bezel that doesn’t distract from the stone… :kiss2:

Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm definitely content with all the hard work I've put in and I'm very proud of what I've achieved in my family and in my ring. It's definitely a celebration piece.

Yes that's what I was telling someone. It's not my photography skills that were lacking lol I just needed a bigger diamond. I am definitely out the front a lot taking photos but I'm wary of strangers. It's not feeling as safe as it used to around here.

IMG20240525080524.jpg

Oh how cute!

Forgive me for my tardiness, I'm here with the good dress! :love::love::love:
Look at this ring. Ah-maaay-zing!

I love the setting so much! The stone is beautiful of course but I am such a sucker for well done milgrain and a thin bezel that doesn’t distract from the stone… :kiss2:

Thank you so much. I love milgrain too and had to have it. Bezels are so practical too so it doesn't get in the way.

Forgive me for my tardiness, I'm here with the good dress! :love::love::love:
Dramatic-Fainting-Gif.gif
Look at this ring. Ah-maaay-zing!

Hahaha your reaction is as good as mine! Thank you so much!!

IMG20240525080524.jpg

Ahh this is too cute!! Beautiful stone, setting and model!

** warning long post.. please scroll to photos if you're not interested in reading

Two years ago I got my upgrade ring from hubby just in time to celebrate the birth of our son and 10 year anniversary. It was a 3.6ct M SI2 old mine cut – DSS set in quickly and before I even got to enjoy the ring (thank you swelling from pregnancy and birth!).

Ever since I have been searching for a bigger stone, but never imagined that it would come true. My requirements were that:
  • The stone had to be at least 10mm
  • White facing up to OP depending on the stone (initially I was willing to go to UV to get the spread but thankfully I didn't)
  • And most importantly under 35k - we went a little over budget
Thank you to @lulu_ma for her endless research so I knew I had a good deal.. and to @Tonks for providing the stone to finger size percentage. After seeing all the visuals, I wanted as close to 60% as possible so I wouldn’t have been satisfied with 10mm on my size 8.25 finger. I had to find something closer to 11mm! If you have been searching for old cuts, you would know how hard it would be to find something with the right faceting, colour, clarity and price. I was open to old European cuts as they seem to face up larger than the old mine cuts but couldn't find anything that fit the bill.

Recently our very own @88_star was able to source some big rocks for some PS’ers. I knew that I wanted to her to help me search for my dream HG diamond. One of the best things about @88_star is that she gets us PS’ers who are persnickety! I wanted a high crown but spready which is almost impossible to achieve! Thank you for your patience and entertaining my crazy requests. I really enjoyed looking at each potential stone in detail and reviewing it with @lula_ma, @Mreader and @oldcutclubmember. These legends also helped brainstorm setting inspiration and also persuade the hubby on the upgrade. If you ever need a bling sister to give you a good argument then these are your people ;-)!

One day I saw this omc that Rita on the Rocks had posted on her Instagram and was immediately drawn to it – a 5.68ct M SI1 white facing old mine cut with a spread of 11mm. I couldn’t stop thinking about it, the shape and faceting was *chefs kiss*. It was slightly over budget but fit every other parameter I had. The only downside was that it was pending sale! Bummer. And to top it all off apparently there were another 4 people on the waitlist to buy the stone. Needless to say, I was pretty disheartened. However, the following week I got a message from Rita that the stone had become available, but I needed to put down a 50% deposit. For one reason or another I guess I felt that Rita and I weren’t a very good fit. It was @lula_ma who suggested that maybe @88_star would be able to source the exact same stone for me. It was a pretty anxious wait and when she confirmed she could the rest was history. I've affectionately named her Kallista aka baby K as she's the most beautiful thing I've seen. Also special thanks to my stone's twin @sweetpea&babycorn for her inspiration on the setting.

An interesting thing to note was while I was going through my phone with all my “research” I found the exact same stone posted on Dolly’s Instagram stories back in December. I am so glad it didn’t sell back then as I was not ready to move ahead with my purchase then. I do feel like it was meant to be, third time lucky!

This ring means so much to me as we just celebrated the birth of my daughter and our family is now complete. It was also Mother's day as well and there is no better way to celebrate than with my two baby girls.

IMG_20240515_165829.jpg

IMG20240514134437.jpg

IMG20240517123101.jpg

IMG20240515110639.jpg

Screenshot_2024-05-14-14-52-15-26_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

Screenshot_2024-05-14-14-52-25-13_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

That is just....I mean....uuummmm....what I'm trying to say is....*SPEECHLESS*:kiss2:

Ahh this is too cute!! Beautiful stone, setting and model!

Thank you so much hehe I agree the model is just perfect.

That is just....I mean....uuummmm....what I'm trying to say is....*SPEECHLESS*:kiss2:

Aww thank you so much for your umm compliment hahaha. Appreciate you dropping by!

Congrats on the JOTW @maryjane04-just like icing on the cake!:clap:

Perfect size for your hand! Who knew an almost 6ct could look so comfy and wearable! :)

Holy smokes. What a ring. Congrats and happy Mother's day.

Perfect size for your hand! Who knew an almost 6ct could look so comfy and wearable! :)

Aww thank you. It helps if you have more finger real estate aka bigger ring size ;)2 and the bezel is super comfy!

Holy smokes. What a ring. Congrats and happy Mother's day.

Thank you so much! My first mother's day with two :kiss2:

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP