Introducing my three stone OMC ring!
IMG_9297.jpeg
IMG_9290.jpeg
Specs:
2.76 M VS2 (9.04x8.92x5.36) GIA
.67 K/J VS1 (5.35x5.17x3.84)
.61 G/H VS1 (5.27x5.09x3.59)
So 4.04 ctw
18k yellow gold band with platinum baskets, 2mm band that tapers to 1.4mm right at the shoulder. Size 7 ring, finger is closer to 6.75 but fluctuates.

A little background:
My original wedding ring is a diamond and opal ring with a pavé diamond jacket. I love it but it always felt fragile and I rarely wore it. About a year ago I decided I wanted a new ring for my 10 year anniversary.

I decided I wanted a “simple diamond band” (haha)…what started as looking at bands quickly spiraled into needing to know all the information about diamonds. One day I saw a ring posted by OWD and I was in absolutely in love. A three stone OEC ring, I couldn’t get it out of my head. I reached out to OWD, Rita, and Dolly. I followed all the Instagram accounts I could find. Then one fine day, I saw my stone pop up on Gilded Lane, I literally gasped, it was perfection, but I was very intimated to buy a big purchase on Instagram. At the exact time, Dolly randomly messaged me and told me to go buy the Gilded Lane stone. I love people in the business helping one another! I posted about the stone here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-deciding-on-this-omc.281402/page-2

Jocelyn at Gilded Lane was an absolute joy. I also purchased my side stones from her and they are a great match to my center.

DK graded my sides stones differently than a local appraiser, so I added both color grades. They all seem to have the same undertone. Somehow once set, the center stone seems even whiter. That being said I love the color and am very happy with any warmth I do see. Special thanks to @Dreamer_D for pushing two tone, I think it was the perfect decision. Sometimes my stones seem icy white, other times the center stone has a lovely vanilla sparkle.

Setting:
You can see from my CAD thread I was all over the board on my ideas for the ring. It all came together after seeing multiple antique rings with the scallop basket, they were all solitaires but I could finally picture it as a three stone. I had wanted a “special” detail since I was custom designing a ring but again had too many ideas. Instead, I found my hidden meaning in the design, the basket scallops look like a W which is significant to me and the four lines, two on each side, also signify something to me. I *think* my side stones are angled perfectly. Overall the lines/shape of the setting and the chunkiness of the stones…it is perfect, for me.

Special thanks to @Dreamer_D @jjca @maryjane04 @Lookinagain @Mreader @elizat @tyty333 @ItsMainelyYou @Rfisher @lulu_ma and so many more for giving me so much advice in deciding on my stone(s) and setting design.

Now what we really want:
Few videos, scroll for more:
I spend a lot of time on our deck and am happy to see the ring is particularly lovely there!
Looking so white:
IMG_9222.jpeg
Warm rainbows:
IMG_9220.jpeg

Close up:IMG_9294.jpeg

As my husband says “two of my favorite things” lol:IMG_9289.jpeg

By some greenery:
IMG_9344.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9309.jpeg
    IMG_9309.jpeg
    283.8 KB · Views: 0