shape
carat
color
clarity

To change or not to change

Love the new pendant and the straight prongs! They look great.
After wearing an H for so long, do you notice the tint of the M at all?

I do notice the tint of the M but only in certain lighting. Still sparkles a lot cuz of the cut. I actually like that it does different things under different lighting. I know that’s not for everyone though.

There were several posts saying your old diamond is pretty. I agree, and if your husband did overpay, it's because he loves you and wants you to be happy. I wouldn't part with that for anything.
Both your pieces are lovely - congrats!!

Here’s the pendant. I can wear the original diamond all the time now (and I have hence the need for a desperate clean).

GIA certified the original diamond as an H instead of a J so I guess my husband got a great deal after all.

52F7C456-A5D7-4D01-A173-27D16DEE7474.jpeg6AF119BA-599E-4CFB-A581-A06FC48B7A3E.jpeg

Great story. Love the new stone in your e ring.

But, am I the only one who thinks your original stone is a late OEC, transitional cut, which is lovely?

The facts pattern at the center is a bit too flowery, checker board to my eye to be a true modern round. That would explain why you see the cuts as being so different, and there being no cert, and a large, flat table on the original stone….

Great story. Love the new stone in your e ring.

But, am I the only one who thinks your original stone is a late OEC, transitional cut, which is lovely?

The facts pattern at the center is a bit too flowery, checker board to my eye to be a true modern round. That would explain why you see the cuts as being so different, and there being no cert, and a large, flat table on the original stone….

Could be. I think they told my husband it wasn’t a brand new diamond. It has an unpolished girdle too so possibly? I really love it as a pendant. Especially because I can’t wear rings at work.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP