shape
carat
color
clarity

Today is a big day...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, I have to go take my dogs for a little walk (they are SO BORED!) but I''ll be back later to answer questions or take more pics. And to give the story about these little guys. I would say the largest stones are the large silvery blue green baguette and the burnt orangey garnet (spess?!) which looks like it''s getting close to the size of my ering stone. The rest are certainly smaller and the smallest is probably the copper colored garnet...

Ok. Be back later!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I love that cushion, too.

30.gif

29.gif
(jealous!)

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t wait to hear the story behind all of these! And also, what you might do with the ones you don''t use.
17.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Speechless . . .

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2009 8:52:51 PM
Author: karee888
I can''t wait to hear the story behind all of these! And also, what you might do with the ones you don''t use.
17.gif

LOL me too! I totally call first dibs on any she wants to sell off lol.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
She should be back by now....

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Did you say 38 stones? And wax?

Oh, what could it be!!!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I would like the blue EC tourmaline and a couple of the hearts to go, please....

icekid

Ideal_Rock
17.gif
Come baaaaaaack... we want to hear about how all of these tiny stones came about. And how did the wax-viewing go??

soycoffee

Shiny_Rock
I cant wait to hear the backstory on these beauties!!!
9.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That Freke -- she''s such a tease!
38.gif
2.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Wow... it''s been awhile, it must be a long walk..... those puppies must have been really bored...

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I don't get it
33.gif
Maybe she's starting a business?! lol
Freke, please explain!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Ah, hello?!
You can''t just leave without an explanation.... Freke, come back and let us in PS land know the story!

I love the tanga cushion, the hearts, and the blue/greens
30.gif

38 stones, oh my!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Unreal . . . I''m in BB overload!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
The dog must be going for a really long walk?! :-/

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Frekeeeeee

Come back!!!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Freke, where are you, woman? Have a heart...you''re killing us here...

Narwhal

Shiny_Rock
My bf says if he had that many stones, he would make a crown and wear it to work.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
LIZ!!

What on earth are you up to? Quit joshing with us, you could have walked to my house and back in all this time.
1142023wc11ro40lj.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2009 11:10:36 PM
Author: Narwhal
My bf says if he had that many stones, he would make a crown and wear it to work.
LOL

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Walked dogs (it''s FREEZING outside BTW) then came home, made dinner and ate it. (If you''re interested we had: grilled chicken, grilled zucchini and cheddar garlic mashed potatoes.) So that is my reason for my extended absence.

Ok. The story...

I emailed Barry and Dan a while back (month or so?) about possibly finding some small or wonky stones they didn''t have use for, that they could sell me. I wanted stuff that was small, wasn''t round and was brightly colored for stacking bands.

Dan said he''d keep it in mind and that was kind of the end of that (at least, I haven''t heard back from him). Barry on the other hand...has had stones sitting around his house and in the store that he sells his stones at for years. So this is what came from him. Apparently some of these stones had previous lives in other jewelry, have just been held onto for years or have just been sitting around taking up space.

Sooooo....I have no idea what I''m going to do with some of them. Our deal was that he''d send them to me to look over, and we''d go from there. So, I need to think I guess.

It''s been kind of a rough past couple of months for me financially, which has caused me to try to sell some of my larger stones, but Barry has asked a very reasonable price for these, and I''m hoping that my dad will give me cash for my birthday, so I can stop selling stones.

Anyway. It''s not likely that any of these will be getting set all that soon, but if you have any suggestions for setting ideas, I''d love to hear them.

I may take more pictures later. I haven''t gotten familiar enough with them yet to just dump them out and get a really awesome photoshoot, but I''m going to keep poking at them!

Thanks for looking guys!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2009 9:30:38 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
17.gif
LOL me too! I totally call first dibs on any she wants to sell off lol.
Well you are the closest PSer to me (besides Skippy)...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2009 9:40:07 PM
Author: mochi
She should be back by now....
You underestimated my drive to wear out my pooches (2 1 year olds. They are FULL of energy.), as well as to lose some extra pounds for the wedding...and eat dinner!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2009 9:41:39 PM
Author: platinumrock
Did you say 38 stones? And wax?

Oh, what could it be!!!
Well the wax is for my ering reset, but it needed to be tweaked, so I''ll check it out next week. I forgot to take pics, although I actually took my fully charged camera too.
7.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2009 9:43:12 PM
Author: mochi
I would like the blue EC tourmaline and a couple of the hearts to go, please....
Would you like a drink with that?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2009 9:59:52 PM
Author: icekid
17.gif
Come baaaaaaack... we want to hear about how all of these tiny stones came about. And how did the wax-viewing go??
The wax-viewing went extremely well. I love my benchman guy, he''s just cool. We made some gem jokes and FI sat there looking bored, and we poked around with a CZ and the wax, which is awesome. A couple of tweaks and it will be perfect. We found out my ering stone is actually between 6.55 and 6.6mm instead of just straight 6.5. That was kind of cool. There were two other couples in there, one looking at engagement rings and the other was looking at wedding bands.

I also checked out the 2.87ct ruby slightly elongated cushion that I''m dying for. I think it was $3,300? It sparkled like CRAZY. They have a bunch more colored stones that I want to play with...

Anyway, I''ll update you guys again (hopefully with pictures) next week...

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Git yourself on a goldsmith course and start making stacking rings for the market. You''ve got an awesome eye.

BTW, I like the little topaz, I really, really do!! Make it into a stacker for me and I''ll be your first customer - name your price!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
soycoffee, VRB, mochi, AJ, akmiss, LTP, innerkitten
and Erica you ladies have no patience!!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2009 10:52:28 PM
Author: Octavia
Freke, where are you, woman? Have a heart...you''re killing us here...
Why I have FOUR hearts. They are pink and everything!!!
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results