shape
carat
color
clarity

Too many inclusions? Need advice!

christiea845

Rough_Rock
I’m new to buying diamonds and would love advice on a particular stone I’m considering. It is a 3ct pear J S12. However, it’s eye clean. It does appear to have quite a lot of inclusions on the report, which is likely why it’s a reasonable price. Is this a stone worth considering because of the great price or not worth it because of the inclusions!

GIA Report linked here and below

53F90852-C496-4A35-837A-FD37D7BF0E93.jpeg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you seen the diamond in person to know that it is eye clean?

christiea845

Rough_Rock
Yes I have! You can see one of the tiny black specks if you look closely but I didn’t notice any other flaws. I just want to make sure the inclusions don’t compromise the integrity of the stone in any way.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking at the cert, it is an I2 clarity - not an SI2 clarity. I believe that is the lowest clarity rating that GIA assigns. I cannot say if the durability is in question but I would want an excellent return policy for the stone. An independent appraiser would be a good resource for you if you buy the stone and IF you can return it for a full refund.

christiea845

Rough_Rock
You’re correct sorry that was a typo on my part! I will look into whether there’s a refund policy or not.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
When you get into I2 you have to consider structural integrity. This stone surely has transparency issues and we haven’t even touched on the cavity. I believe you think it’s eye clean because you don’t know what you are looking at but I assure you it is not. I’m sorry to be so negative but you should pass on this stone regardless of price.

christiea845

Rough_Rock
When you get into I2 you have to consider structural integrity. This stone surely has transparency issues and we haven’t even touched on the cavity. I believe you think it’s eye clean because you don’t know what you are looking at but I assure you it is not. I’m sorry to be so negative but you should pass on this stone regardless of price.

Thank you, I appreciate the honest feedback. We’re going to pass on the stone, seems like the price was too good to be true! I would rather increase our budget for a better quality stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results