shape
carat
color
clarity

Travel eye-candy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Date: 4/26/2007 5:17:47 PM
Author: Sundial
Can I play??? I love to travel and I enjoy when others post their travel eye candy. This picture was taken at the gardens in the Forbidden City in Beijing China.
Oooh, cool pic! I have always wanted to go to China!

Sundial, I just saw your pics...awesome! You sure know how to frame ''em!

And here is a view from the winery Artesa:

front of artesa 07resize1.jpg

Here is one I took of a boat on a rooftop in Santorini, Greece...

5x7x2roofboat.JPG

A less known town - Naoussa on the island of Paros...

Naoussa.JPG

Travelling Girl,
I am dying to go to Greece but it is just so dang expensive right now! I love your pics
30.gif
30.gif
I love the ice plant; your pictures are perfect

Those are dreamy pictures Ursula, Beacon, and TG!

Harriet we really enjoyed Beijing and being able to experience some of the incredible history there.

Skippy and TG I''m glad you like my pictures. If only photographing diamonds was as easy!!! These photos were taken on several different trips over the past three years.

Sundial, You lucky girl but I think you deserve those wonderful trips!!! You are such a sweetie for sure
12.gif

Sundial, as much as I love diamonds, photographing travels is way more fun for me!

Skippy, Greece photographs beautifully, but believe it or not, I didn''t love it...

How about some winter travels? This is the scene in Germany from the town of the "fairy tale castle" Neuschwanstein...

5x7winterwonderland.JPG

The cathedral in Seville, Spain...

5x7cathedralthrougharch.JPG

Wow! All of the pictures are amazing! I love traveling and wish we could more often but often the planning and researching overwhelms me and stresses me out. I guess that''s what travel agents are for huh?

For the Italy lovers - Venice.............

5x7masksandgondola.JPG

And last one for ursula...a scene from a drive along the amalfi coast...a little cove we found with some boats...

boatsandbuildings.JPG

Hawaiian Cows.

159569222cdfe3ea3d4.jpg

Date: 4/26/2007 6:35:55 PM
Author: Skippy123

Hawaiian Cows.

Hehehe...I''ll add some Irish cows for ya...also known as an "Irish Traffic Jam." (they were actually blocking the road!)

traffic-jam.jpg

Date: 4/26/2007 6:39:45 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Date: 4/26/2007 6:35:55 PM

Author: Skippy123

Hawaiian Cows.

Hehehe...I''ll add some Irish cows for ya...also known as an ''Irish Traffic Jam.'' (they were actually blocking the road!)

I like that! heehee
36.gif
36.gif

Date: 4/26/2007 5:41:57 PM
Author: Sundial
Last one I promise. I get carried away. This was taken at Park Guell in Barcelona Spain.
No such thing! More please?
9.gif

Beacon,
Did you go to the French Laundry?

Travelling Girl,
You deserve your moniker!

Skippy,
I'm going to Corfu. I'll send you a postcard.

Sundial,
Where else have you been in China? I'm ethnically Chinese, but have never been there.

send me a postcard, please; I would love that!!!

yes, that was not you. It was your dog! I wanted pretty Harriet pics.

Like what to do?

We can''t exchange contact details. I''d lurve to send you a postcard, but HOW?
I''m camera-shy.
17.gif

Why are you camera shy? Silly girl. I understand though
2.gif

I laugh at myself because I posted about 5 pics of myself.

Harriet,
When you were in Hawaii did you go see any of the sights like the waterfalls and valcano? I will post pics of the waterfalls but my hubby has to show me how to resize the pics.

I''m highly unphotogenic.
I did the scenic drive to Hana on Maui -- got carsick and didn''t see waterfalls because there was a drought. On the Big Island, we just lazed around the resort. The food was so unsatisfactory that we thought of cutting short the trip!

I''m wondering if we want to do the drive to hana. Lazing around sounds so much better than an all day trip...but yet I''d sure love to really see the island and get away from the bustle a bit.

Harriet, in Dubrovnik, try to do the walk around the fort. There are some lovely views and picture taking spots from there.

Traveling G,
You need to do that drive!!! It is gorgeous. Also, go to Haleakala and do the bike ride down at sunrise! Go to the Io Needle on the Northeast part of Maui; it is very cool and their is a little stream. It makes a nice picture!! If you are interested in a luau go to the "Old Lahina Luau." It is smaller more intimate with all you can drink drinks
2.gif
You will have soooooo much fun!

My favorite beach Kee Beach on Kauai.
This is the last beach before the Na Pali cliffs begin.
Pic is from a helicopter.

keeBeachKauai.JPG

TG,
Will do.
The road to Hana is extremely scenic (if there's no drought) -- ocean, waterfalls (?), bamboo forests, black lava beaches. Will you be staying on the northern part of Maui? If so, the drive will be shorter. Oh yah, and it has a gazillion turns.

Ann,
I've never figured out how to pronounce the name of that island.

Fantasy Island Waterfall on Kauai

kauaiFantasyIslandWaterfall.JPG

Cool Ann! I did a helicopter tour too! I love that Kee's and Tunnels beach for snorkeling.

Sorry Harriet; I see some place I have been to and get excited. I promise to try and behave! I think I am naughty today because I was in a day long meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP