shape
carat
color
clarity

Van Craeynest 484 & 584

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just love this ring!!! I had to come back to look at the pics again because they are so GORGEOUS
30.gif
Love your ring and her ring. Just absolutely stunning!!!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Looks so beautiful on her hand...nice job!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2008 1:53:01 AM
Author: edl
Just in case anyone is curious how the macro photos above were taken, here''s a photo of my setup (if you can call it that). You can find everything you need at Home Depot or Lowe''s for roughly $30, and figure $5 for a piece of glass and some art paper.

You will need a tripod and a SLR, and ideally a macro lens. If you need any help, just let me know!

IMGP4454.jpg
How cool! Thank you for sharing this!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMFG. I think that might be one of my favorite rings ever. Your cushion made my heart beat faster... and that setting. Holy moly. Incredible taste. Unbelievable.

Lenamama

Shiny_Rock
ooooooooooh..... I''m am so in love with cushions!!! That ring is beautiful!
30.gif
30.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful set! I''d love to see some sun pics.

edl

Shiny_Rock
Happy New Year everyone! Here''s a few of the band my FI picked for me, and a few more photos I snapped recently.

P1010413x.JPG

edl

Shiny_Rock
Another...

P1010442x.JPG

edl

Shiny_Rock
Another..

IMGP5078sss.jpg

edl

Shiny_Rock
Last one for now! I''ll get some sunny outdoor handshots in a few days...

IMGP5091sss.jpg

kimikocat

Shiny_Rock
Your new band looks great!

Love the new photos of your FI''s set as well. :)

kimi

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your rings are incredible!! I adore the beautiful chunky cushion and the setting you chose for it is a beautiful and appropriate thrown for your stunning cushion to sit in! Great job with the photos too!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH my gosh....there are my rings again!

Yours is just amazing, too! I think it is perfect that you got a VC ring, as well!

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Yippee! What a treat to see these beautiful rings again. I love all three. Your fiancee definitely repaid the favor and picked out an incredible wedding band for you. Well done, you two!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful rings. All three of them. Gotta get me a VC someday.....

Those designs have such a classic and timeless quality. They will last for decades and still look fantastic.

Wishing you both many happy years together.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Your band is beautiful, your FI's set is gorgeous, and your pictures are amazing!

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations on your engagement! you picked out a GORGEOUS ring for your lucky fiancee! i love how "pillowy" and "chunky" the cushion is and the setting is so detailed...excellent choice.
36.gif
not to get off the thread subject but those are fantastic photos btw. i LOVE your photo set up! i was considering getting the EZcube kit with tabletop lights but at nearly $400, i would rather make it myself. can you tell me how you put it together and what kind of fabric you used as your diffuser "tent"? also what kind of Rolli is that?! i collect vintage/antique cameras but i''ve yet to add a Rolli to my collection. anyway (back on the subject), thanks for sharing!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness!!! That wedding set is amazing!!! I must say cushions are starting to grow on me!! And your pictures are awesome!!! Love your wedding ring too!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
30.gif

edl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/29/2009 2:07:44 AM
Author: vip0802
congratulations on your engagement! you picked out a GORGEOUS ring for your lucky fiancee! i love how ''pillowy'' and ''chunky'' the cushion is and the setting is so detailed...excellent choice.
36.gif
not to get off the thread subject but those are fantastic photos btw. i LOVE your photo set up! i was considering getting the EZcube kit with tabletop lights but at nearly $400, i would rather make it myself. can you tell me how you put it together and what kind of fabric you used as your diffuser ''tent''? also what kind of Rolli is that?! i collect vintage/antique cameras but i''ve yet to add a Rolli to my collection. anyway (back on the subject), thanks for sharing!
Thanks! I consider myself very amateur at macro, so just about anyone with the proper equipment can do it!

I used PVC pipe, elbow connectors to build the frame. My diffuser tent is white plastic garbage bags. I''ve used white undershirts too. You can use anything really, as long as it diffuses light.

One thing which you don''t see in my photo setup are my "gobos" (go-betweens) - you need to close the front of the box off with a white reflective object to minimize dark reflections on metal. I bought two pieces of white foamboard from the art supply store. I also use black ones when I''m using a black background.

Here''s a good tutorial on how to build a DIY lightbox. The PVC is a bit more durable and can be stored easier.

Strobist - Lightbox

That TLR is a Yashica D, I picked it up for $22 off ebay. It works good! I must admit I use 95% digital nowadays, but I occasionally take out my old SLR''s or the TLR to shoot some Tri-X or Ilford HP5.

edl

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for the comments!

kimi, diamondseeker, pixley - it's been awhile! hope you had a wonderful christmas and a good year so far. :)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad you came back with more pictures. your fiancees sets is def. in my top 5 favorites EVER!! I just adore it. I think your band is incredible too! congrats again.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
OH my!!! How did I miss this??????? I LOVE both of your rings! Congrats! And thanks for all the pics!

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!

your set, your diamond and your pictures are awesome!!!

edl

Shiny_Rock
Here are some handshots in the sun. We really need to give the ring a good cleaning!

Shot handheld with my Panasonic LX3, macro mode, ISO100.

P1010753s.jpg

edl

Shiny_Rock
And another...

P1010764s.jpg

edl

Shiny_Rock
One more...

P1010760s.jpg

edl

Shiny_Rock
Last one for now!

P1010756s.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
simply breathtaking!! love the pics!!

trishy

Shiny_Rock
i love vc!!! this is one of my all time favorite settings!! the diamond is tdf!! she did a great job choosing yours too. congrats to you both!!
also... you take amazing pics!!! so feel free to take more and post ''em all. rings, earrings, pendants, bracelets... etc

lili

Ideal_Rock
Ooo....breathtakingly beautiful
30.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results