shape
carat
color
clarity

Vera Wang Diamond Ring "Clearance" Price

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparklesearch

Rough_Rock
The Vera Wang Diamond Rings are on clearance at Bailey Banks & Biddle. Apparently, she is no longer selling engagement rings. Is 7000.00 still too much to pay for this same ring? I love the setting, but I''m not too knowledgable about diamonds. I just know the mark up at BBB is outrageous.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/vera-wang-pave-ring-pictures.33002/

The diamond itself is a 1ct, round, H color, VS2. It comes with a micropave platinum band.
Thanks for any advice!!

I dunno - I bet you can get that custom-made by one of the jewelry designers that are frequently promoted and used on this site. They are very talented, and their prices may be much better for a great quality setting.

Is that price just for the setting?

doing a quick price search for a diamond with your stats seem to price them at about $6000 give or take a bit so if you''re happy to pay roughly $1000 for the setting, then go ahead. I''d also price it if you went the custom route just to see do you save any money. Is there any way that you can get even a bit of a discount at BBB?

I would think its probably a good price if it includes the diamond. I suppose it depends on how long you have been looking at the setting and if its now within your price range
1.gif

Considering that the post you linked to stated that the setting was $2700, then yeah...$1K for the setting is a good deal. That is assuming that the center stone is what they say it is.

I know someone has it. But vera wang had the closest setting to the one I had custom made at an AMAZING 1000 in platinum price tag. When I talked to some vendors though, they admitted they had a lot of quality problems with them. I also heard (this is rumor only) that the quality problems were the reason she''s stopped doing jewelry.

So if the center stone is worth ~$6k, then you are getting a "deal" on a designer setting ($1k where retail price was $2700, and, Gypsy''s steal aside, you will have difficult getting a platinum micropave setting for less than $2k these days)

But it comes with the diamond it has, no? Probably not an ideal cut. Do we have any cut info on the center stone?

The manufacturer of this designer setting is going out of business. If you have any problems, will BBB warranty this ring for you?

There may be durability issues with this setting (or any other super-thin micropave setting).

So... its only a deal if you absolutely love the Vera Wang setting and are willing to get a less than ideal center stone to shave a few bucks off the proposition. Or... you have your heart set on a platinum micropave setting with minimum 1 ct center and have a very strict budget and this magically fits those requirements.

Otherwise, I''d say the pluses and minuses make this a wash. Not a bad deal, mind you, but a fair one, and you should only buy it if it is really really what you want!

Date: 1/22/2008 9:23:25 PM
Author: cara
So if the center stone is worth ~$6k, then you are getting a ''deal'' on a designer setting ($1k where retail price was $2700, and, Gypsy''s steal aside, you will have difficult getting a platinum micropave setting for less than $2k these days)

But it comes with the diamond it has, no? Probably not an ideal cut. Do we have any cut info on the center stone?

The manufacturer of this designer setting is going out of business. If you have any problems, will BBB warranty this ring for you?

There may be durability issues with this setting (or any other super-thin micropave setting).

So... its only a deal if you absolutely love the Vera Wang setting and are willing to get a less than ideal center stone to shave a few bucks off the proposition. Or... you have your heart set on a platinum micropave setting with minimum 1 ct center and have a very strict budget and this magically fits those requirements.

Otherwise, I''d say the pluses and minuses make this a wash. Not a bad deal, mind you, but a fair one, and you should only buy it if it is really really what you want!
Thank you cara and to all that replied! So, we recently purchased this vera wang 1 carat with the super thin micropave setting because BBB gave more of a discount since they still had it in inventory at the end of January. From 7K, they were able to bring it down to $5500.00 which includes the stone. Original retail price was $11K. My husband purchased it and did not recieve the GIA certificate that they promised. I marched back into BBB today and they promised to get it to me in 2 days. The salesperson said he was going to call Vera Wang Corporate in NY to get the GIA certificate number. BBB said they lost the original cert due to moving the ring to different displays through the year and they can''t find it since it''s on clearance. With all excuses aside, I felt like I was at a used car lot. He ''promised'' this vera wang diamond was a H-I color (I don''t understand why it has two ratings for the color), VS2, 1 ct round brilliant, and "close to" ideal cut, and that all vera wang diamonds are gia certed. I told him he can promise all the specs on the ring, but if I don''t have the gia cert, it doesn''t matter what he says. The reason for all this trouble? This is the perfect ring and setting for me. I''ve been looking for a few years now. I feel like I''m getting a great deal especially since this is the ring I''ve been eyeing. I figured BBB was reputable, but I''m having my doubts. BBB also asked me to be patient if they are not able to get me the cert by Friday, he assured me that I will receive it by the end of the month before the 30 day return policy kicks in. Is this worth all the trouble? Or would you continue searching? . . .

I would expect to receive the cert, absolutely. If they have the number, I think they can order a new copy.

if you cant get the GIA certificate I would return it. What is the band width? I love micropave, but I was told by several jewelers anything under 2mm can compromise the durability of micropave. I love your ring though!! If it doesnt work out....my engagement ring is from Whiteflash and they have something very simimar (no diamonds on the head though) you may want to check out. My engagement ring is below (sorry the pic didnt come out better!)

lucylucyring111.JPG

I love love love that VW ring...In fact, it was one of my first choices when we were deciding on my ER.

Unfortunately I was told a couple of times that a shank so thin, especially with micropave, is a mess waiting to happen. There''s a good chance it can bend and become mis-shapen, not to mention constantly losing stones due to the stress on the thin band. Something to think about. Everyone told me not to go below 2mm for a pave'' band.

I also agree with Lucy...no cert, no ring. If the stone is what they say, then you got a great deal...but you need to know and get that cert in your hand.

I would also take it to an independent jeweler you trust and make sure the stone is secure in such a thin setting.

All that said however, the style is absolutely YUMMY !!

Good Luck...I hope it all works out.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP