shape
carat
color
clarity

w/o being embarrassed...how can the guy tell his gf

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
This thread is making me feel really bad... when I told my ex what my "dream ring" was, I never expected him to run down to Tiffany's and buy it!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
merilenda|1308699447|2951398 said:
Are you sure she didn't mean it in a "if I had unlimited resources, that would be my dream ring!" kind of way? I mean, in the same way that you might say "that's my dream home" when you see a house way outside of your financial means. It might not mean that she actually expects the SO to actually buy a $40k ring.

That's what I was thinking. I do that all the time! My husband and I talk all the time about our dream X (car, house, vacation...), but we both know it's most likely not going to happen anytime soon or at all, even. I'm sure I even did the same stuff before we were married, and my husband didn't take it the wrong way. That's what I was assuming had happened above.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Kilops|1308700731|2951419 said:
Beg, borrow, steal, do whatever you need to get the ring. Either that or change professions and/or GF. While she might be currently satisfied with a lesser ring, buying a lesser ring will never "make her dream come true".
Or just tell her it's ugly.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results