shape
carat
color
clarity

WF project

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
The green gold is very cool Mochi!

Mochi

I have no experience to base this on, but I can''t help thinking that the green CAD is probably much more vibrant than the real life version. I would hate to have to make this choice based on the colours in those CADs. Can WF send you photographs of the different golds side by side? I''ll scout about a bit and see if I can come up with some images of green gold for you.

Oh.... I already gave WF the go ahead for the project. I looked all over Google for green gold and only found a few pictures. I think I''m going to really like the green gold/chryso combo (if not, I''ll have to learn to love it!). But this project was the most challenging one yet for me.

I find that matching the color of the metal with the color of the gemstone is very hard. It just takes everything I have to just make up my mind. Maybe it''s just me...
40.gif

I'm sure it will be very beautiful. The green gold makes it very unique.

It''s quite unusual. I like it a lot!

Mochi

Not surprisingly, not all green gold is the same. This link shows 3 different recipes, and that''s just for 18K. I suspect there are others.

in my experience, the GG I''ve seen looks like YG at first, maybe until you look a lil closer - its quite subtle IRL, I doubt it will be as vibrant as in the pic..
I feel ya on the decision mochi - they all looked pretty!

Goodness!! I never knew there are so many different recipes for gold in general! Very interesting, too bad there aren''t pictures that goes with it..

I am a bit apprehensive about this project but excited also. I''m just going to have to trust WF with the color of the metal...

Date: 3/9/2009 11:37:40 PM
Author: mochi

Goodness!! I never knew there are so many different recipes for gold in general! Very interesting, too bad there aren''t pictures that goes with it..

I am a bit apprehensive about this project but excited also. I''m just going to have to trust WF with the color of the metal...
You did good Mochi - I''d have picked the green gold too.

I never thought for one minute that one of the most difficult aspects of a custom job would be picking an alloy!

Thanks everyone for your help and support in this venture! I''m pooped!

I''ve never really considered green gold as an option before... I''ll have to look over little collection of stones and see whether any of them are calling out for a green gold setting!

I love that setting by the way, and I can''t wait to see the finished product!

the green gold looks pretty cool...but is it way more expensive than white or yellow gold?

I''m really excited that you chose green gold. I haven''t seen ANY of that lately, so I think it will be awesome. Plus I think it will look really cool with your chryso!!!!!

You''re going to have to let us know when you will be expecting it!!!

ooh exciting! I liked the green gold in the cads

Mochi I love the green gold. I''d never seen it before so I had NO IDEA what it''d look like - but it''s LOVELY - and looks perfect with your chrysoberyl!

Date: 3/10/2009 12:04:58 AM
Author: mochi
Thanks everyone for your help and support in this venture! I''m pooped!

Time for a drink
9.gif

I can''t wait to see how it turns out mochi, I think it will be beautiful!

AWESOME Mochi! I love green gold and can''t wait to see your new ring on your finger....YAY!!!!
30.gif

Lori

Wow, I love the green gold! Very unique.

In the first CAD you posted of the green gold and yellow gold it looks like the opposite of what you said (i.e right and left)

I can''t wait to see real life pics of the green gold. My preference was white gold, but maybe I will change my opinion when I see green gold.

Can I ask a question? I hate to ask this, but I''ve been wondering for a long time. . . what is the approx cost to have WF do a custom gemstone project like this? Obviously you provided the stone. I assume there is a design charge? Is that on top of the final product charge? And what does a simple design like that (simple meaing no side stones) cost relative to just finding a setting somewhere else? I really like this new tourmaline I got and would love to work with WF, but it feels like jumping into the deep end of a pool. I''m guessing it would be out of my price range, but I don''t really know. Did you provide pics of a similar setting for them to go off of? Any info you feel comfortable providing is greatly appreciated.

Mochi, I can''t wait to see how your ring looks, the green gold looks beautiful. How long will it take, before it arrives???

I like the green gold as long as it doesn''t overpower the stone. How long will this project take?

Oh I can''t wait to see the finished ring! I LOVE green gold, I wish there were more of it out there.
30.gif
(though it''s nice to maintain its uncommon uniqueness
2.gif
)

I tend to love green gold as well. Actually, I pretty much love anything I don''t see all the time, even though I love the ones I do see all the time as well! Unfortunately, the green gold actually looks pink on my screen, but Im excited to see your real life photos of it. It sounds absolutely beautiful!

Thank you so much everyone for your support on this!!
36.gif
36.gif

WF said it will take approximately 12 days after the approval of the CAD, so I should get it around the end of the month.
31.gif

Can''t say enough about the professionallism but yet friendly way I was treated by WF. I definitely would do business with them agian. I have another project in mind, but that will have to be a few months down the line.

The cost was less than 1400 (I don''t mind sharing the info) and it''s custom. I did send a picture to them which they call "inspiration picture", and from that they designed the CAD. It''s not the 100% same as the picture, which was fine by me. HTH..

Not to threadjack, but I wonder if my new minty asscher peridot would look good in a green gold mounting?

What do you think Mochi?

Lori

peterperidotasscher2.jpg

Lori,

I''m not sure. Do you have photo shop? I keep going back and forth between the peridot and the green gold and I can''t make up my mind. The peridot seems to have a blue undertone...maybe it''s my monitor.

BTW, I love your stone and the asscher cut is beautiful. Also, I don''t mind hj''ing threads, no problem!!
1.gif

mochi, I can''t wait to see your finished ring. Only a few more days YAY
36.gif
36.gif

The green gold is so cool!

Date: 3/24/2009 9:19:04 PM
Author: Linda W
mochi, I can''t wait to see your finished ring. Only a few more days YAY
36.gif
36.gif

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I know, I know
36.gif
36.gif

They''re suppose to send me a picture on the 26th of the finished ring before it''s shipped out!!
36.gif
36.gif

Date: 3/24/2009 9:20:00 PM
Author: DiamanteBlu
The green gold is so cool!

Thank you, Blu!!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP

Featured Topics