shape
carat
color
clarity

What do we think of this green zircon?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I ordered this on impulse yesterday. I couldn't resist because it's pretty large, looked interesting, and was only $204 (from PristineGemstones on Etsy).

Now I'm wondering if the price was less than a third of the other zircons because it comes from Sri Lanka rather than a middleperson taking a cut in the US, or if I should just expect a butt ugly stone. I realize ya get what ya pay for, so this is more or educational purposes at this point. Thoughts?

Will post pics when it arrives.

Green Velvet Zircon for Jewelry Gift for Her, Large Rare Color Zircon for Gemstone Collectors, One of a king Green Zircon, Free Shipping​

Genuine green zircon oval shape December birthstone for custom jewelry, one of a kind anniversary gemstone gift for her. weight : 5.73cts, size: 10.2x8.7mm oval, clarity Eye clean but haze. NOTE: This zircon is very haze and it looks lighter in real life. It is a rare size and color mot recommended for gemstone collectors

1720890021354.png

Last edited:
I'm figuring it's likely reasonably priced due to the sleepiness. Perhaps that wouldn't necessarily be considered "trade ideal," but I think that gives the stone character and that ethereal glow we all love so much. The vendor does say it's lighter in person, so I'm not sure if he means lighter toned or less saturated. But really, there's only one way to find out! Either way, you're not out a ton of $. And if you love it, you scored. I look forward to hearing your review!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not entirely certain if I could see zoning, however, it could be the lighting.

It is a good size for the price and it would make a nice ring or a pendant if you like it.

Looking forward to seeing the IRL update.

DK :))

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Well, my fun green zircon got lost in the mail. It was marked "delivered" but it was not in my (locked) mail box.

Our mail carrier opens up all the mail boxes at once, then sorts the mail and packages into them, so my best guess is they put it in the wrong mail box. I've filed a case with USPS etc. but as for the zircon, I doubt I'll get it now. :(

Last edited:
Well, my fun green zircon got lost in the mail. It was marked "delivered" but it was not in my (locked) mail box.

Our mail carrier opens up all the (locked) mail boxes at once, then sorts the mail and packages into them, so my best guess is they put it in the wrong mail box. I've filed a case with USPS etc. but as for the zircon, I doubt I'll get it now. :(

Oh that is such a buzzkill, @seaurchin! I'm so sorry. We've all been there. I hope you find something that scratches your itch, and love it even more!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Our mail carrier opens up all the (locked) mail boxes at once, then sorts the mail and packages into them, so my best guess is they put it in the wrong mail box. I've filed a case with USPS etc. but as for the zircon, I doubt I'll get it now. :(

Noooooo

LunaIzzy

Rough_Rock
It might be hazy and the price is reasonable. A lot of green zircons that come from Sri Lanka are hazy.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
My green zircon showed up today after all!

I'm not at home so haven't seen it in person but I had these pics sent to me from my home. The pics are in indoor lighting at night so I expect it will brighten up under natural daylight. Will post better pics when I can.

green zircon1.jpeg

green zircon2.jpeg

Last edited:

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
Thank goodness. This happened with a delivery person for me, too. :x2

I hope you love it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results