shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of these three diamonds? Favorite?

NY_Resonant

Shiny_Rock
Hi All,

My wife lost her ER and i'm getting a replacement (insured thankfully!). Looking at what the market is like these days in the 15-17k range and saw these three items. Thoughts? Any favorites?

Note: Not interested in anything under 7.7mm...

1) Color D, VS 1, 1.8 Carat for $14,227

2) Color G, VVS2, 1.88 Carat for $16,450

3) Color G, VS 1, 2.01 carat for $16,990

Thanks all!

Last edited:
In the $15-17K range, I like the cut on this stone a little more than the ones above.

But if this super ideal cut is in the budget, it'd be my top choice.

I'm not an expert at all but to me #3 is a pass with the paddling at the end of the arrows and how asymmetrical it is. I don't love the other two either but I would definitely drop #3.

In the $15-17K range, I like the cut on this stone a little more than the ones above.

But if this super ideal cut is in the budget, it'd be my top choice.

Thanks Kim but wife wants to stay in the DEFG color range, she can see the color in H and it bothers her. Part of the reason I was trying to find medium Flour (staying away from strong+) deals to make the budget work (chuckle).

Thanks Kim but wife wants to stay in the DEFG color range, she can see the color in H and it bothers her. Part of the reason I was trying to find medium Flour (staying away from strong+) deals to make the budget work (chuckle).

Got it. Of the ones you posted, I like the 1.88 best, though it may have some additional darkness at a couple of the arrow tips.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP