shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this dress?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 10:30:32 AM
Author: Kayakqueen83
oops! I switched the photos on accident here is the back of the maggie!

I tried on several Maggies, and almost bought one. I too didn''t care for the corset back. I would take these pics to a seamstress and ask her advice about changing the back to a zip/button. She might be able to do it (you might have to order a size or two larger though).

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, I love the Maggie on you!!! It flatters you very well, and I think better than the others.....its a beautiful dress!!!

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock

And again, thank you guys SO much for your opinions and advice. It''s great to get non-biased opinions on them all.
Hudson_Hawk: I think I agree on the shape of the first dress. I wanted a more streamlined dress but was worried that it wouldn''t look as good on me as the teeny-tiny models. Haha! Thanks for the compliment on the Maggie. I loved the way it fit too... maybe the Mori Lee will fit similarly?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the Mori Lee will come close as it''s a similar style.

As with clothing, you can''t hide curves under lots of fabric. It just makes us look big. A more sleek, body-skimming (not hugging) style accentuates the positives and shows off things like our tiny waists.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Kayak, I think the Maggie looks beautiful. So far, on you, it''s my favorite of the three. BUT, I''m not a fan of the ribbon-up-the-back either, so I get what you mean.

Keep ''em coming!
36.gif

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 6:17:08 PM
Author: Lanie
Kayak...when did you get engaged?!? Congrats! I remember you were over in LIW with me.

I really like the dress! I would try on the more figure hugging styles you said you originally wanted to see how you feel in those. With my dress, I didn''t have the trumpets and Ah Ha moment that much either. I kind of did, but not like I thought it would be. I would keep looking and you always know you can come back to this one!
Hey Lanie! I got engaged in December! (there is a thread about it floating around PS somewhere) I was a LIW for what seemed like forever! haha. I think I was #6 or so when I got off the list. I''m very happy to be offically planning the big day now.
2.gif

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
I love the Maggie on you and I think the corset back is very flattering! That dress is the best of the three in my opinion. The first dress is too full, I don't think it does your gorgeous curves any service. The third dress seems to hug in all the wrong places and is my least favorite.

I'd love to be able to see you in the Mori as well as I really like its shape. I bet you'd also look gorgeous in it. Tough choice!

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
I think the Maggie is the most flattering, but I was also looking for a non-corset dress, so I understand wanting buttons! I tried on a dress that is similar to your maggie except it was not corset. I believe it was a san patrick and in the price range of these gowns you are trying on. The bow was not on when I tried it on, so it must be detachable. I really liked it - it was super flattering. Also, it has the slimmer shape of a modified A-line but still has plenty of volume and a generous train to be "bridal".

http://www.sanpatrick.com/sp2009/indexSp2009.html

My friend wore that casablanca 1900, and it is very beautiful in person. I think I prefer the other style on you, especially if you want a birdcage veil, because those other dresses seemed to highlight the great curves you have and slim you at the same time. If you are looking for something more bridal, I can understand shying away from the less poofy dresses, but I think that dress with cap sleeves is GORGEOUS.

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
The link isn''t taking you straight to the dress, so if you want to look at it, it''s in the 2008 elegance collection.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I like the Casablanca dress (the first one) best. The lacework on it is just so intricate.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, this is hard....i do really like the Casablanca - i tried it on too and it''s absolutely lovely and romantic looking.

Having said that, i do think the Maggie is a bit more flattering to your figure. I COMPLETELY understand the issue with the corset and then the ribbon - sometimes things like that stick out in your mind and you get a mental block on it. I do think the if the corset is pulled tight enough and there''s only a little bit showing (like in your picture) it looks just lovely!

I LOVE the mori lee 2215 - i do have pictures of me trying it on if that would be at all helpful to you. It''s just beautiful and i love the little ruffle on the bottom.

I think you look great in all the dresses you posted so i am sure it is going to be a hard choice...if it helps i never had an "a ha" moment with my dress either and i don''t think i would have (like la la said) because i think i am just not that kind of person. I can''t wait to see what you pick!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 10:26:32 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Date: 3/30/2009 10:15:14 AM

Wowee! Thanks for all your responses ladies! I really like the dress....but the more I think about it the more I''m hesitant. Maybe it''s because I''m not really happy with the way my body looks right now so it''s hard to really say yes to the dress (hey isn''t that a show? haha). My girlfriends saw the photos and loved the dress as well, but a few of them commented while they love the dress, it may be missing the flare that I''m looking for.... and I think they may have a point.

I''ll attach a few more of my favorite dresses. Although I loved them for different reasons there were things that I wanted to change about each one so I decided to move on with the dress search. BUT both of the dresses were more the style that I originally envisioned wearing for the wedding. I''d love to hear your opinions on what you like/don''t like about them!

Lately I''ve been really thinking of the Mori Lee 2215 dress and I feel like I wont be able to come to a conclusion on a dress until I try this one on to see if I like it as much in person as I do in the photos. In the photos it has the exact look that I was envisioning. I''m hoping to try it on in a few weeks to see if I like it.

Here is the Mori Lee dress incase you were wondering what it looks like:

I love the first dress, but I''m not 100% sold on it. I feel like the ribbon hits your waist in a way that accentuates your hips. I think a more stream-lined style could be very flattering and would carry over well if you change your shape between now and the wedding...

ETA: I really like the strapless maggie on you. It hits you in all the right spots and is fantastic with your figure (which is really nice BTW!).

Ditto, you seem to have a similar (but smaller) body shape to me and in my experience that kinda dress with the pleated material around the waist and hips just doesn''t do the best, you still look beautiful in it however I love the streamlined look on you.

I am not the biggest fan of corset backs either:

This one is similar to the one you like without a corset back http://www.sanpatrick.com/sp2009/indexSp2009.html

This one is kinda nothing like it but kinda like it http://www.sanpatrick.com/sp2009/indexSp2009.html

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 10:26:56 AM
I have no idea who the designer is on this dress but I LOOOOOOOOOOVE it! It just didn''t seem ''wedding dress'' enough to me. But I was so tempted to get it anyway and wear it to something else.... even just to wear it around the house! haha
Wowwweee!!! I know this dress isn''t in the running to be one of your wedding dresses but I want you to strongly reconsider because I love it on you! It seems to hug you in all the right places and totally compliment your figure. You look gorgeous in it! I also feel like it goes with the peacock feather vibe that you''re looking for. Maybe it''s the champagne colour that''s throwing off? Either way, I love the shape of it on you and it wins hands-down compared to the other dresses.

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Kayak, I adore that Casablanca dress! It so floaty and romantic, BUT I prefer the Maggie on you! FWIW, I think it''s super flattering and highlights your curves in all the right ways
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results