shape
carat
color
clarity

What is this?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

IMG_3736 color freke.jpg

bleh

Second to last one.

IMG_3742 freke.jpg

Last one... Any more guesses now that you've seen more?

IMG_3740 color freke.jpg

hubba hubba. I love it - it''s gorgeous! And I know what it is....
27.gif

Tourmaline!

I know...I didn''t even think...

Date: 3/8/2009 4:53:19 AM
Author: FrekeChild
I know...I didn''t even think...
9.gif

As soon as I hit submit, I saw it. Stupid stupid stupid.

Tee hee!

From the pictures it looks like it actually soaks up the surrounding colour and reflects it back somewhat. In your first pictures there was a blue tone but in the last ones there was some peach - it could have been a very very pale Morganite in some of those shots. A great stone and it''ll be interesting to see if it continues to be a bit of a chameleon when it''s set.

What are your plans for it?

Well it looks like an M diamond colorwise. Being that my entire condo is blue (gray, black, white and green) I''m not surprised it was reflecting some blue. But really, when it''s not against white, it looks completely white. When its on white, it looks like it''s got a hint of peach to it.

So here is what''s up, aka Stats:

7.5mm
1.9cts
Barry Bridgestock
*Colorless* Tourmaline

I love it and want to set it in white metal--but something antiquey because it really looks like an antique diamond, and it''s going to have to quell my cravings until I can actually afford an antique diamond (2-3cts, the lower color the better, etc).

I had no idea what to expect from Barry and his Colorless Tourm, but I ADORE IT, and I can''t wait to set it. Yay!!!
36.gif

Date: 3/8/2009 5:32:33 AM
Well it looks like an M diamond colorwise. Being that my entire condo is blue (gray, black, white and green) I'm not surprised it was reflecting some blue. But really, when it's not against white, it looks completely white. When its on white, it looks like it's got a hint of peach to it.

So here is what's up, aka Stats:

7.5mm

1.9cts

Barry Bridgestock

*Colorless* Tourmaline

I love it and want to set it in white metal--but something antiquey because it really looks like an antique diamond, and it's going to have to quell my cravings until I can actually afford an antique diamond (2-3cts, the lower color the better, etc).

I had no idea what to expect from Barry and his Colorless Tourm, but I ADORE IT, and I can't wait to set it. Yay!!!
36.gif

Barry's such a sweetheart. I'm glad he found yours and mine (the tourms). I wish I had the money right now to get him to cut me one like yours too!

Not to mention, the size of yours is perfect for the 8x8 bezel LOGR Legacy
2.gif

very pretty new stone Freke!
now, the choice of props..
6.gif
9.gif
40.gif

wow... I''ve never seen a colorless tourmaline before. So cool! Barry is the best; what a cool way to get the look of the antique diamonds with which we are all so enamored. beautiful!

OK, with the new pictures I'm now sure it's a white tourmaline. I once bought a 5 ct white tourmaline from Dan Stair that was cut in an asscher cut. It was a very unsual shade. It had a blue tint in certain lights and a steely white/clear look in others. There are white tourmalines out there but there's really not a market for it.

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Lovely! You take wonderful pictures, my dear!!

I love the cut!!!
30.gif
36.gif
great pics!

Gorgeous! I love it. I''ve never heard of a colorless tourmaline before...

It does have the look of an antique cut diamond...without the price!! Pretty!!

Date: 3/8/2009 8:48:25 AM
Author: arjunajane
very pretty new stone Freke!
now, the choice of props..
6.gif
9.gif
40.gif
You don''t like milkbones? They have the little holes on them that stones fit in perfectly. It was the obvious choice.
3.gif

Date: 3/8/2009 9:23:45 AM
Author: icekid
wow... I''ve never seen a colorless tourmaline before. So cool! Barry is the best; what a cool way to get the look of the antique diamonds with which we are all so enamored. beautiful!
Apparently he''s had BEG''s round and my cushion for a while, and didn''t think that there would be interest in them, so he never put them on the site. Then we all began talk about BEG''s torment stone, and he brought up these tourms, because they had the look of a diamond without actually being a diamond. Barry is awesome.

Thanks mochi, Skippy, Hudson_Hawk and cushioncutnut!!!! I have no idea how I should set it, it seems like stock antique replica settings aren''t going to work--at least from the ones I''ve found so far. Do you guys have any suggestions?

Liz, I love that stone and the colors that it picks up. It is really pretty.

It''s cool and I love the cut!

Only just seen this thread, but I would not have guessed colourless tourmaline in a million years! Very unusual and a very nice cut.

PRETTY PRETTY PRETTY!

Date: 3/8/2009 2:43:30 PM
Date: 3/8/2009 9:23:45 AM

Author: icekid

Apparently he''s had BEG''s round and my cushion for a while, and didn''t think that there would be interest in them, so he never put them on the site. Then we all began talk about BEG''s torment stone, and he brought up these tourms, because they had the look of a diamond without actually being a diamond. Barry is awesome.

It''s so funny because I got started on the colorless kick after seeing your silver topazes! I''m glad Barry remembered he had these.

Thanks ladies!!! I can''t wait to set it!!! (Well I can, because I''m officially broke now, but whatever!) Do you guys have any suggestions?

That''s a really neat stone. Is it pure silver, or does it have some kind of secondary? How does the brilliance compare to your topaz? Is it for the wedding necklace?

Did I ask enough questions????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP

Featured Topics