shape
carat
color
clarity

What stone would you use with this yellowish diamond?

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
Thinking of a toi et moi. The diamond is around 0.9 ct. TIA!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240906_221758_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20240906_221758_Photos.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 145
  • Screenshot_20240906_221734_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20240906_221734_Photos.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 21
Cool diamond!

That's a tough one. Looking to accentuate or mask the tint?

For that design, and after seeing hundreds here but zero IRL, I like either: 1) crisp white diamond with anything (colored or not) as the second focus; or 2) two colored stones of similar tone/saturation (but anywhere on the color wheel). So in your case I'm thinking a high-color (white) diamond or a pale, low-saturation colored stone -- and, for the latter, few appealing options come to mind. Maybe a baby-pink sapphire? Or a morganite? Or a 1-ct Argyle pink. :mrgreen2:

But: others here will have better ideas, I'm sure!

I generally agree with @LilAlex but I also want to throw bright red ruby out there! I think they're pretty with light yellow diamonds.

1725728865455.png
1725729221162.png

I don't love the setting but am just trying to find anything with yellow-ish OMC diamonds:
1725729050499.png

Yellower:
1725729096611.png

Hi all, I want to see that yellow POP! So something that will accentuate it.

Yellow gold cup with a ruby! I'm standing by it!

Throw some white diamonds around it for contrast. Or you can recreate my favorite ever moi et toi with your diamond instead of the sapphire!

1725729879922.png

Firstly - cup that baby! It will make the yellow pop like how!

Secondly - I like the idea of pairing it with either green or red, but green is the winner for me. Emeralds would be my pick, with some icy white diamond melee for contrast to REALLY make it pop.

Cool diamond!

That's a tough one. Looking to accentuate or mask the tint?

For that design, and after seeing hundreds here but zero IRL, I like either: 1) crisp white diamond with anything (colored or not) as the second focus; or 2) two colored stones of similar tone/saturation (but anywhere on the color wheel). So in your case I'm thinking a high-color (white) diamond or a pale, low-saturation colored stone -- and, for the latter, few appealing options come to mind. Maybe a baby-pink sapphire? Or a morganite? Or a 1-ct Argyle pink. :mrgreen2:

But: others here will have better ideas, I'm sure!

@LilAlex. I have a small 0.3 ct gia certified natural pink purple and I'm planning to sell it. I don't get the hype tbh.

Ruby or emerald! Or anything red or green.

That's tricky. The yellow is pale, so it could easily be overwhelmed by the colour of the other stone.

Maybe a brown-tinted diamond, with a slightly darker tone. Or a pale orange sapphire. ('Close' colours push each other apart.) Something like the palette of @Autumn in New England's fabulous ring, but in lighter tones:
Indirect natural light:

thumbnail_20240227_152105.jpg
Or a lighter toned version of my stylized snake ring:
My new ring:
ToiEtMoi.jpg
In these rings, the yellow and brown-orange enhance each other.

That said, I rather like the yellow diamond/ruby combination shown above.

Because it’s diamond the white light return will compensate for it being less saturated, IMO, in terms of how eye catching it is. At least that is my experience comparing Diamond to very saturated coloured gems.

I like it a lot with the emerald but of course it would need to be a similar size I think for balance.

Light pink sapphire!

IMG_6573.jpeg

My immediate thought was something light pink.

I first saw this color combination in the 'pink lemonade' settings that diamonds by lauren does - usually a low color yellowish center (which can have a cup to increase the percieved saturation of the yellow ) with a light pink diamond halo. Instead of a pink diamond halo, you could find a light pink sapphire for the toi et moi.

Eg.
W-X yellow with pink diamond halo.

heres is a toi et moi that has a similar look (light pink sapphire + light yellow sapphire)

I prefer this over the combination with a bright red ruby or saturated green emerald, but of course its a matter of personal preference.

A pale green or pink springs to mind for soft and subtle, and for both stones to be set in yellow or rose gold.

If a bolder contrast is preferred, then deeper colour greens and pinks.

DK =)2

I generally agree with @LilAlex but I also want to throw bright red ruby out there! I think they're pretty with light yellow diamonds.

1725728865455.png
1725729221162.png

I don't love the setting but am just trying to find anything with yellow-ish OMC diamonds:
1725729050499.png

Yellower:
1725729096611.png

Yep agree with this. Accentuate the yellow with yellow gold and set with either pink or green counterpart.

Another vote for setting in lush yellow gold + red stone!

I love the emerald and diamond idea!! In yellow gold :kiss2:. Maybe a cushion shaped emerald or asscher cut to match the diamond.

Last edited:
Thinking of a toi et moi. The diamond is around 0.9 ct. TIA!
I love primary color combinations ; yellow with red (ruby) or yellow with blue (sapphire) since they each compliment the other by being so different. I personally gravitate towards a blue sapphire.

PS - do you mind posting a picture of the ring from the side, I LOVE that setting.

Icy white, or the softness of a green sapphire.

I love primary color combinations ; yellow with red (ruby) or yellow with blue (sapphire) since they each compliment the other by being so different. I personally gravitate towards a blue sapphire.

PS - do you mind posting a picture of the ring from the side, I LOVE that setting.

@luckygreen317 it is gorgeous! Original antique, platinum. I'll send it to a good home. It's size 6.

20240909_192332.jpg20240909_192321.jpg20240909_192304.jpg20240909_192316.jpg20240909_192307.jpg

I’m glad I saw this because I am considering doing a moi et toi with the new ST that I just got. I paired it with a few of my existing stones to get an idea of colors that it would go well with. I’ll attach some pictures because it may be helpful for you.IMG_3671.jpegIMG_3670.jpegIMG_3673.jpegIMG_3665.jpeg

I’m glad I saw this because I am considering doing a moi et toi with the new ST that I just got. I paired it with a few of my existing stones to get an idea of colors that it would go well with. I’ll attach some pictures because it may be helpful for you.IMG_3671.jpegIMG_3670.jpegIMG_3673.jpegIMG_3665.jpeg

@Mjay ohhh, the second option is gorgeous. What stone is that?

@Mjay ohhh, the second option is gorgeous. What stone is that?

That is a pink tourmaline. I really like how the pink looks with it. I think a pale pink asscher cut sapphire would look amazing. I think your stone may be a bit more yellow but it’s still a good visual

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results