shape
carat
color
clarity

What's your opinion on eternity band as the engagement ring?

rossi46

Rough_Rock
Re: What's your opinion on eternity band as the engagement r

Thank you all again for the feedback - especially great to hear from those who have done this! The bands posted here are all beautiful. :appl:

Fancygems - the two sizes we saw in person are a band with 10-pointers and one with 25-pointers. My girlfriend tried on the band with smaller stones first and really liked it (me, too). Then I asked the SA if there was a version with larger diamonds. She whipped out the 25-pointer band and we were both like :love: :love:

Those diamonds were definitely "big enough" for her but, as I said, I'd like her to try on a band with 30-pointers in real life in order to see if there's that much more "wow" factor... or if they're just overkill.

If I stick with 0.25ct stones and did a 9-diamond 3/4 band, that would be about $500/ea. for G/VS2 Brian Gavin Signature rounds. So $4,500 w/o the setting. Not a bad price at all for something with such visual impact, right?

Using 0.30ct stones, which are about $850/ea. for the same quality adds up to $7,650. Worth it?

rossi46

Rough_Rock

What do you all think? These are 0.25ct each. Can her finger handle 0.30ct or even larger?

on-hand.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

What gorgeous hands! She could rock, anything!

I will be the dissenting vote and say full eternity--cuz that is what I wear! :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Looks great.

Kind of uncomfortable, but she would be the one to know that lol.

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock

I vote no for the .30 (only for a 5 stone) any more stones than that I'd say .20 for 7,9,11 stone. As Niel mentioned with regards to comfort, is she able to close her fingers?

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

The money you spend on a 1ct decent ER can go a LONG way with a fabulous eternity, I vote eternity. I have both at this point but I can say that for money spent, if I had to choose one to keep, it would be the eternity.

FWIW I wear a 5ct asscher full eternity, .25 each, daily to work and all. However, asschers "face up" smaller than RB stones and the ring is very low set u prong eternity, for rbs I don't think I could comfortably go much above .15ish each for in-between the finger comfort. Maaaaybe .20 if the setting is VERY low and smooth. IF I wanted a bigger RB ring (and NOT an eternity) then I wouldn't want stones in between my finger at all, I would just go for a 5 stone with the biggest stones that my finger size could handle.

So basically, if you want ANYTHING between the fingers I would go full eternity and smaller, 15 or 20 pointers MAX (for comfort), if you're not going eternity I would just go 5 stone and go as big as the finger size will allow for full across the finger coverage without touching in between.

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I think it looks fabulous, but really uncomfortable. For an every day ring with stones between the fingers I would go smaller on the diamonds. I would say max 0.1 ct. This is my personal opinion though, if she has worn it she must know how it feels and what she is comfortable with. If you want bigger stones I echo what every one else says, make it a 5 stone ring instead... You will get the same look but also the comfort.
Good luck!
/aca :wavey:

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock

Go for six stones gives a more finished look than 5 across the finger (I have .20s) I think you could go .30/.35/.40 in a six stone - full eternity is going to be uncomfortable in round stones have you thought of going for any other shape I have baguettes all round smooth as silk to wear

With beautiful long fingers like hers I would want 2 bands and a solitaire to fill the space :naughty:

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock

Ditto some of the others - I'd do bigger stones in a 5 stone setting. 3/4 eternity won't be comfortable for everyday way even with 25 pointers, IMO.

Best of luck!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Comfort depends completely on the person and how the stones are set. I have tried wearing a very low set full eternity with 35 pointers all day and doesn't bother me one bit. In fact. I would always choose a FULL over anything else because I HATE seeing metal. I have big knuckles and my fingers are very skinny close to my hand. Thus almost all my rings spin. I wear a 4.5 and have relatively small hands. I would be happy to rock up to a 40-50 pointer if set right.

It completely varies by person, hand, setting and lifestyle.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I have to pipe in & add my 2 cents, as far as size of the stones, I have an eternity set with .50's & it does not bother me one iota. Yes, it is an odd feeling when you first put it on, but after you get used to it, its nothing. Altho we had this ring made as a 20th anniversary ring, IMHO, it would be great to wear as an engagement/wedding ring.

I do not like metal showing either, so I had mine made (by WF) to include a small sizing bar. This is a WF pic so you can get the idea of just how small the sizing bar is. I love this ring:

Congratulations on your impending engagement! :appl:

custom-eternity-diamond-ring-in-platinum-by-whiteflash_42448_f.jpg

custom-platinum-eternity-diamond-wedding-ring-by-whiteflash-sarahb.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

sarahb|1451010442|3965977 said:
I have to pipe in & add my 2 cents, as far as size of the stones, I have an eternity set with .50's & it does not bother me one iota. Yes, it is an odd feeling when you first put it on, but after you get used to it, its nothing. Altho we had this ring made as a 20th anniversary ring, IMHO, it would be great to wear as an engagement/wedding ring.

I do not like metal showing either, so I had mine made (by WF) to include a small sizing bar. This is a WF pic so you can get the idea of just how small the sizing bar is. I love this ring:

Congratulations on your impending engagement! :appl:

Sarahb, this is gorgeous!! Looks rally low set. I am going to go back and look for your thread on this amazing eternity.

773dianeb

Rough_Rock

Sarahb, I have always loved your band. I wear .32 pt stones and it took a few days for my pinky finger to get used to the stones but after that it is not a problem. I did not want any metal showing and the 9 stones did the trick. I get many compliments on my ring and the bling and sparkle is fantastic. I love the simplicity.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Oh thank you LLJ & 773dianeb--it is well loved at this house! :) It really needs to be downsized, but am waiting until I reach my weight loss goal. :cheeky:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results