shape
carat
color
clarity

Where can I sell my round brilliant cut 2.5 carat triple excellent diamond ( engagement ring ) ?

MimiL

Rough_Rock
Hello. I am looking to sell my beautiful engagement ring. I don't want to take it to a jewelry store, Im thinking I'd like to try to sell it myself. Its GIA certified and I have an appraisal report for it as well. All I can think of is Craig's list but I don't think that's the best choice. Does anyone have an recommendations where I can sell my directly to a buyer. I also have a nice pair of diamond earrings. Thanks in advance!!

39CC9727-7AD4-4D7A-9436-E93E4CB47CB5_1_201_a.jpeg

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loupe Troop is free to use. Other options would be on consignment with a jeweller (commission likely to be 30 to 50%), an auction house (sellers commission around 25% plus the buyer pays commission too around 25%) or eBay (fees around 13%).
Just be aware that the appraisal value will not reflect a sale price. Appraisals for insurance are up to 3 times more than a realistic resale price as a private seller. Unless a standard solitaire setting, often people want to harvest the diamond only (to create their own setting) so the value of the setting is scrap value.
Unfortunately pre loved engagement rings aren’t what most people want.

MimiL

Rough_Rock
Loupe Troop is free to use. Other options would be on consignment with a jeweller (commission likely to be 30 to 50%), an auction house (sellers commission around 25% plus the buyer pays commission too around 25%) or eBay (fees around 13%).
Just be aware that the appraisal value will not reflect a sale price. Appraisals for insurance are up to 3 times more than a realistic resale price as a private seller. Unless a standard solitaire setting, often people want to harvest the diamond only (to create their own setting) so the value of the setting is scrap value.
Unfortunately pre loved engagement rings aren’t what most people want.

yep I understand that about reselling. Just looking to sell direct. Thank you

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results