shape
carat
color
clarity

Which set looks best (new asscher cut diamond solitaire!)

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am in the process of upgrading to a more durable/permanent wedding set. The ring he proposed with is gorgeous but about 100 years old and too delicate for daily wear. I really want to wear a daily set, and now that my husband is on board I need some opinions!

The new ring (currently being built by James Allen) is a simple Asscher diamond solitaire 1.64 carats, set into a cross prong 14k white gold setting. I want something sturdy and streamlined.

I badly photoshopped some options I’m considering. Opinions please!

0F69B23E-8186-4330-BD55-87DE062242B4.jpeg
B6D49778-42F9-4193-8E7B-DAAAFDBA1626.jpeg
BC9C3EE7-5B87-495A-A198-E8719F7387A5.jpeg

Alternatives welcome!

What color is your asscher and do you prefer an icy white look or a softer look? I like the one with the red stones.

Would you be will ing to wear a few together? I think a high carat gold band goes with everything. Sandwiched between a platinum eternity and the hat soli would be great.
I think any step cut band would be lovely with it, maybe a baguette band to mix up the shapes without throwing a brilliant cut in there.

you could stack a diamond eternity and a French cut all ruby band with it, too, I like two bands of solid diamond/ ruby better than the alternating look presented above.
If you got one “official” wedding band of the diamond eternity you could get a few “second” bands to mix and match as the outfit and mood demand.

Definitely C!

What color is your asscher and do you prefer an icy white look or a softer look? I like the one with the red stones.

It’s a G color. I own a lot of different colored stones and metals ranging from high karat yellow gold to rose, to white so I’m not 100% set on any one look. I’d like my wedding set to be white with a touch of softness in the stones.

I love B and c though if you do a plain band I’d like it chunkier to match the shank on the solitaire.

I like C. I love the setting you chose. So exciting, can't wait to see your new set.

I like A and C. I think B is just too much metal (well, for me) between the wider ering and wide wedding band. Just doesn't
add any interest like something with some stones in it!

I think a Carre cut band is the choice, I’m hunting to see what one with some emeralds scattered in would look like :Up_to_something:

C!

I am in the process of upgrading to a more durable/permanent wedding set. The ring he proposed with is gorgeous but about 100 years old and too delicate for daily wear. I really want to wear a daily set, and now that my husband is on board I need some opinions!

The new ring (currently being built by James Allen) is a simple Asscher diamond solitaire 1.64 carats, set into a cross prong 14k white gold setting. I want something sturdy and streamlined.

I like all of them. I vote to convince your husband that you need all three! Especially if you are a July birthday.

I have a simular thick band with an emerald cut and like it with a fine band like c. If you want me to show pictures let me know.

I have a simular thick band with an emerald cut and like it with a fine band like c. If you want me to show pictures let me know.
Yes please!!!

Would you be will ing to wear a few together? I think a high carat gold band goes with everything. Sandwiched between a platinum eternity and the hat soli would be great.
I think any step cut band would be lovely with it, maybe a baguette band to mix up the shapes without throwing a brilliant cut in there.

you could stack a diamond eternity and a French cut all ruby band with it, too, I like two bands of solid diamond/ ruby better than the alternating look presented above.
If you got one “official” wedding band of the diamond eternity you could get a few “second” bands to mix and match as the outfit and mood demand.
I love that idea, the more the merrier!

The colors are obviously miss matched, this main stone is a lower color. However, these may help visualize proportions to the e-ring. I love the finer bands against the thick. A wider band is not attractive to me.

IMG_0787.jpegIMG_0788.jpegIMG_0791.jpegIMG_0792.jpeg

Last edited:
This is SO helpful, MM, thank you! I love them all but that square half eternity is so amazing!!! Would you recommend half or whole, is spinning ever an issue?

I am so glad it could help!
Personally, the half eternities drive me crazy. I do like the ring. It was a Zac Posen design from Blue Nile. A do-over, I will always opt for a full pattern, or at least 3/4.

I am so glad it could help!
Personally, the half eternities drive me crazy. I do like the ring. It was a Zac Posen design from Blue Nile. A do-over, I will always opt for a full pattern, or at least 3/4.

That’s what I’m thinking too, a full eternity. I’ve been somewhere between a size 6.5 and 7 for decades, so I know the ring would spin during the colder months.

Yes, a good plan for sure! I look forward to seeing your lovely new ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results