shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash setting help

cowcow81

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I received pictures of my Whiteflash ring set in their Cameron setting today. I feel that the diamond is sitting lower than expected. I referenced this picture from their site when I made the purchase.

If anyone has this setting, would you mind showing me the side profile?

Should I have them raise it just a touch? I haven’t approved the pictures yet because I’m not completely satisfied but I don’t know what my options are at this point since it’s already made. And I also don’t know if I should have it fixed.

Any pros and cons I should consider regarding keeping it as is vs raising the head?

Thank you!

Attachments

• Cameron-Solitaire-Engagement-Ring-in-Platinum-by-Whiteflash_86069_90235_top.jpeg
    Cameron-Solitaire-Engagement-Ring-in-Platinum-by-Whiteflash_86069_90235_top.jpeg
    33.8 KB · Views: 40
  • Cameron-Solitaire-Engagement-Ring-in-Platinum-by-Whiteflash_86069_90235_ttr.jpeg
    Cameron-Solitaire-Engagement-Ring-in-Platinum-by-Whiteflash_86069_90235_ttr.jpeg
    31.2 KB · Views: 40
  • image.png
    image.png
    76.9 KB · Views: 40
Your opinion is what matters here.
Is it aesthetically important to you that there is some air space below the culet? If so, talk with your SA about what can be done. You were specific with details and you shouldn’t be disappointed in your ring.
My opinion, since you are asking, is that your stone is set at the perfect height. Personally, I like how it looks in profile, but it’s not my ring.

Does the culet touch metal or is there a hair’s breadth of space? I can understand wanting a bit of space there if there is none. Other than that, I don’t think that raising the setting would change the overall stance of the ring. However, it is your ring and should be the way YOU want it to be. Definitely talk with them if you are not particularly happy with the outcome. The only negative I could think of about raising the diamond is that the girdle might be more exposed and may be easier to damage if hit? Just thinking out loud here.
Just as an aside, please share the details of your diamond with us - it looks beautiful!!

I love a bezel. I like the height of it as is. I agree with @MissGotRocks that raising it could further expose the diamond pavilion to be damaged by a band worn along side. In fact, I’d be very careful to make sure the pavilion is protected if you plan to pair a band with it. I really love it!

I have to agree with the others. Raising it a hair is not going to make any real difference, so I don't think it's worth changing.

The sample pic and your stone size are different as well, which could be affecting your perception, as well as the black background

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP