shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you marry Prince William?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m sorry, but I never thought Fergie had enough class to carry her role very well. I think a nice example of a commoner marrying royalty was Grace Kelly. She was classy all the way.

chickflick

Shiny_Rock
If I loved him, yes. To me there''s no other reason to marry but for love.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
But Grace Kelly, though she loved Ranier and her kids, was not happy after a few years...

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
And I thought this was a jewelry board...

Come on...THE CROWN JEWELS mean anything to anyone? We are talking the motherload of FLAWLESS facets. I must say I am a tad disappointed with all of you. What is this LOVE thing? Or privacy thing? You put up with a little unhappiness to get to touch...

Reason # 1 to marry....The sceptre contains the Cullinan I diamond. At just over 530 carats, Cullinan I is the largest top-quality cut diamond in the world.

Reason # 2 to marry...The Imperial State Crown is 31.5cm high, weighs 0.91kg and is set with over 3,000 precious stones, including the 317 carat Cullinan II diamond .

that is 847 carats in two, just two examples...

http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/Page5165.asp

Egads. Snap out of it!! Recount the Yeys and the Neys!!!

My answer, Ah...duh...yeah!! Count me in bay-be!! Oh but wait, that''s right...I am already married...to my Prince. As a matter of fact...10 years ago tonight!!

Whats love got to do with it? EVERYTHING!!!!!!!
2.gif

DKS

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
As asscherisme said, "heck no" and for LOTs of reasons, including but not limited to what neatfreak said, "No way. I don't even really want people looking at me as I walk down the aisle, so I could NEVER be comfortable in the limelight. I'm very private, so I would have a hard time doing it even if I loved the man very much." and what Tacori E-ring said, "I think it would be a *very* difficult life. I personally would not want to be famous in any capacity." Whenever I have read about royalty, even in past ages, I always think, "Thanks be to God I am a nobody." Because I do think it would be a very difficult life.

"But how many young women in their early twenties could resist getting swept into the glamor, excitement, lifestyle, etc etc?? " I think I could have, no problem. Luckily I was never the type to fall for those sort of superficial things, even in my twenties. And as far as the faithfulness thing, it seems that royalty are raised with the idea that faithfulness in marriage is optional, or maybe not even recommended. Ugh. I'd gladly trade all the crown jewels out there for my own faithful DH!!

ETA: Happy Anniversary, Door Knob Solitaire!

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I think that Kate Middleton is in a very different position than Diana was. The expectations on what a "Royal Wife" should be have changed TREMENDOUSLY. The fact that Kate is even considered a "proper" match for the future King alone speaks to how things have changed. Part of this can be attributed to his father and the fact that Charles and Diana''s marriage was a failure, that Charles wasn''t allowed to marry Camilla in the first place, etc. etc. Charles is now married to Camilla and Charles MAY still become King. He hasn''t hinted at all that he will abdicate.

Kate and William lived together during college- 20 years ago this would have automatically disqualified her from being in the running to be the future queen.

I don''t think that William has a Lord Mountbatten figure in his life, the way his father did.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Great post, Door Knob!!

BTW: Happy Anniversary!

widget

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 2:21:31 AM
Author: door knob solitaire
And I thought this was a jewelry board...

Come on...THE CROWN JEWELS mean anything to anyone? We are talking the motherload of FLAWLESS facets. I must say I am a tad disappointed with all of you. What is this LOVE thing? Or privacy thing? You put up with a little unhappiness to get to touch...

Reason # 1 to marry....The sceptre contains the Cullinan I diamond. At just over 530 carats, Cullinan I is the largest top-quality cut diamond in the world.

Reason # 2 to marry...The Imperial State Crown is 31.5cm high, weighs 0.91kg and is set with over 3,000 precious stones, including the 317 carat Cullinan II diamond .

that is 847 carats in two, just two examples...

http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/Page5165.asp

Egads. Snap out of it!! Recount the Yeys and the Neys!!!

My answer, Ah...duh...yeah!! Count me in bay-be!! Oh but wait, that's right...I am already married...to my Prince. As a matter of fact...10 years ago tonight!!

Whats love got to do with it? EVERYTHING!!!!!!!
2.gif

DKS

Yes, but will they LET you touch those jewels???? I think they are locked up tight and you only get to see them on super special, pre approved times, etc. Would that be enough??? I think it would be sheer torture knowing it was in the vault but you couldn't even look!!!
39.gif
Oh, and someone would probably leak it to the tabloids if you spent any time at all looking at them. See the headlines:

PRINCESS DOOR KNOB SOLITAIRE NEGLECTS ROYAL DUTIES TO SPEND TIME IN VAULT GAZING AT ROYAL JEWELS! (And time spent sitting in vault has added 2 stone to her hips!)

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
"PRINCESS DOOR KNOB SOLITAIRE"

Lumpkin, Yeah...you got that part right!!

I misworded my post...I wanted to say "Wear" the jewels...instead I used "touch"...

Well, I don''t currently have a Sceptre and frankly I am not sure what you are supposed to do with one if you do have one...so I was relunctant to say wear. But if I were to become Princess...then of course Queen I would do what I wanted to with the thing. So let us change TOUCH TO WEAR.

HRH DKS

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
I would marry him ONLY if I weren''t married already!
6.gif
But if I had a choice, I prefer Prince Harry!
30.gif
I would have to be significantly younger, though...
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results