shape
carat
color
clarity

you go girl

Am I just a cranky menopausal woman but I really despise “girl” as a descriptor for anyone over 18! We don’t call males in their 20’s, 30’s, 40’s etc boys so why do females get “girl”?

Call me a woman, lady, female anything but girl - I’m almost 54 and have raised 3 humans, I’m no girl.

At last! You're not cranky and I also feel the title of woman is earned. Early adulthood was in the 60's for me and we scrambled for any bit of ground to be gained in equality with men.

As I watch women now plaster their faces with so much heavy makeup, wearing man brows, pasting on false eyelashes and nails, undergoing plastic surgery and surgical sculpting of their bodies and teenage girls dress like streetwalkers for prom and often in their everyday wardrobes, I shake my head. Why do we have to provide a T&A show and not the men? Men take a shower, shave, apply deodorant and their ready to go out the door. I feel as women we have taken thousands of steps backward.

Do I want to look nice/attractive? Yes but to what extent? Light makeup, a good haircut and grooming should be enough for women as it is for men.

I finally had the courage in my mid thirties to speak up when out as couples and we were being referred to as girls, to kindly suggest their refer to us as women. We have earned that beautiful title. How many of us call the adult men in our lives, "boys"?

My MrCarParts has no punctuation but that's how he looks firing up the Mr. Caffeine.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP