shape
carat
color
clarity

bought two vintage rings - this is it. I am done (I hope).

lucyruth

Shiny_Rock
Okay, I am a sucker for Jabel. So I bought a Jabel .40ct center e-ring, with a yg shank to match my original wedding band. It is a total fireball! OEC center. I'm not usually a fan of channel settings, but these are okay. You can definitely see the color in the center stone - sold as an H. A lot of color next to my other stones. So far it's tiny but really fiery. Here's pics from the ebay listing:

$(KGrHqJHJEIE88cr2ofbBPV5fp7krg~~60_58.JPG

$(KGrHqRHJFIE88e5T(ORBPV5f-wPu!~~60_58.JPG

lucyruth

Shiny_Rock
Re: bought two vintage rings - this is it. I am done (I hop

Okay, now here is the big unknown! I may have bought a dog. Unfortunately I tend to learn things from mistakes - I read really good advice from DreamerD and others on buying on ebay - but just a little later than I made this purchase! It should come today or tomorrow. Holding my breath that I don't HATE it, because there are only returns unless it's seller error.... It's a K-L supposedly. Listed as a .55 but the dimensions the seller emailed to be leads me to think it could be 2/3ct? Ebay pics once again. Hoping it's just REALLY dirty! Comments?

!Blvwg4wBGk~$(KGrHqMH-CsEtrjEoZm1BLc3OKCs4!~~_12.JPG

!Blvw)mgCGk~$(KGrHqUH-CUEthcbLDClBLc3O27ie!~~_12.JPG

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock

lucyruth,

LOVE the first one! Second one doesn't appeal to me nearly as much, but it may turn out to look much nicer in person than it does in the photos. It's not ugly by any means.

I think you need more ring fingers, too!

liz

lucyruth

Shiny_Rock

Well, it's here... Smaller than I thought overall! The setting, that is. The stone looks lovely to me with a loupe, but then again I don't really know what I'm looking for. The setting however, I'm kinda bummed about. Just more wear than I was hoping for. I think I love the stone enough to keep it... Those mannequin hands must be tiny because it looks positively dainty on my hand! Will try to they some irl handshots soon. Oh, and it's def warm but not brown, very fiery. I don't know what the cut is tho - reminds me a bit of a pinwheel!

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock

The second one is there? We definitely need photos!

Actually, I think I'd like it better daintier than it looks in the vendor photo. Some of those mannequin hands must be child-sized, with long skinny fingers.

If the Jabel one ever needs a vacation, it can come visit me :lol:. I really like that one.

liz

lucyruth

Shiny_Rock

Going to try to get photos this evening, if I can indoors. I've got to sell a few rings tho- too many! Is an evaluation/appraisal worth anything from just a local jeweler? Do I need to send the rings off for an official appraisal? Must pare down! I also found I only like rings on the ring finger.

lucyruth

Shiny_Rock

Thanks Liz for the comments! The jabel is a beauty. Just tiny and I really would sell them all to get one bigger clunkier one!

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock

You should be able to find a local jeweler who was trained by GIA or another reputable lab to do the appraisal. You can get a perfectly "official" appraisal from someone local.

liz

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results