shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling for antique emerald cut experts - close to pulling the trigger on 4+ carat stone!

silliex

Rough_Rock
@RX1990 congratulations!! It's such a beautiful ring, we are so happy for you. Thanks for sharing your journey here!

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
That is utterly breathtaking- so glad you went with the tab prongs. That is one very lucky lady! Wishing you every happiness.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out beautifully. I think the size of side stones chosen is perfect. Congratulations!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Breathtaking! Imagine receiving this (first) engagement ring! What will do for an anniversary? LOL

Congratulations!!!

cheers--Sharon

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congrats! Gorgeous ring.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! It turned out perfectly. I’m so glad you went with tab prongs but love the twist on having them as an open tab.
It’s beautiful. Wishing you both many years of happiness.

RX1990

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the lovely, congratulatory messages!

@madelise - the proposal spot was at Greystone Mansion in Beverly Hills.

We couldn't be happier with the final ring (most importantly, her), with one exception listed below at the bottom of this message.

I am so glad I went with the larger side and shank stones after going back and forth on it. Thank you everyone who helped convinced me on that. I think they are a great proportion to the center stone and just large enough to be noticeable to the untrained eye that they are something "different" and not typical side stones you see on modern diamond rings.

The open tab prongs that close at the gallery rail then open back up before closing at the edge again ended up being one of my favorite design features of the ring. I am very happy with the subtle millgrain that run up the prongs, along the gallery rail (two rows of millgrain), and the bridge. The side profile photo from DK really showcases this well!

Separate from being blinded by the ring when she first saw the open box, there was definitely an initial period of shock as well. Not just because of the proposal, but also due to the fact I was actually able to pull this ring off! I have given her some subtle signals to throw her off the last month or two about how extensive of a process it's been to find a center stone that checks all the boxes. Nothing too obvious, but enough for her to think it wasn't coming soon and might not be the "elongated" Asscher she initially fell for. She's told me multiple times how the ring isn't important and more than anything she's been ready for us to move forward in our life together. That all made this surprise all the sweeter for me! :)

Regarding the caveat I mentioned above, there is an issue (from my perspective) with one of the side stones that I didn't notice until after receiving the ring last Friday and having some time to inspect it more closely. May be tough to see in this link (click here), but the "top" side stone in this clip seems to have some kind of looks noticeably different from the other side stone below it and shank stones. I need to reach out to DK about this and see what can be done to swap it out. Plan on letting them know about it today but in no rush to get this handled right away. We have so many plans with family and friends the next ~2 weeks so it's not an ideal time for her to part ways with the ring (temporarily) just yet.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure what you're seeing but have you looked at it under a loupe?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good idea to get it checked! I can't see anything in that video, but it might just be some polishing compound or something left underside the diamond. I am sure DK will resolve it for you.

Have you shown your fiance this thread?

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Can't wait to see the hand shots!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement! The ring is magnificent!

RX1990

Rough_Rock
I'm not sure what you're seeing but have you looked at it under a loupe?

Good idea to get it checked! I can't see anything in that video, but it might just be some polishing compound or something left underside the diamond. I am sure DK will resolve it for you.

Have you shown your fiance this thread?

My loupe has been at the office but bringing it home tonight to look more closely. To @Dreamer_D 's point I hope that is the case as I'd obviously want to avoid the headache of a full swap out with a new custom cut.

On a semi related topic, does anyone have a good thread or product recs to consult on keeping the ring clean? Wondering if PS community generally recommends those ultra sonic bath cleaners or anything else for diamond rings, as well as general best practices with cleaning.

Regarding showing her this thread... she hasn't seen the full detail yet but I have made her aware of this amazing community and how I wouldn't have been able to pull this off the way I did and in the timely manner I did without your support. Scrolling through this thread together sounds like a fun activity we may do this week!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
UPDATE - I'm engaged! Proposed on Sunday. It was early afternoon with beautiful weather - the ring actually blinded her when I first opened the box! I am still waiting on the professional photos from the proposal spot, including some shots of the ring on her hand.

Finally - picture time! Here are some of the ones DK sent me in advance of receiving the ring. Nice "studio" photos but honestly they don't do the ring proper justice until I saw it in person.
102054.jpg 102054-2.jpg 102054-3.jpg 102054-5.jpg

Here are two I got of the ring in the box in the spot I proposed:
IMG_6418.jpg
IMG_6413.jpg

I don't have any good videos to share yet, but here are a few clips I took of it (on my pinky finger) when I received the ring on Friday afternoon ahead of the proposal - link.

I will follow up with more photos as they come along. In the meantime, thank you all for the continual guidance and support along this journey. I would not have been able to pull this off if it weren't for the wealth of knowledge, support, and passion from this amazing community on PS. She couldn't be more thrilled about the ring, and more importantly, the whole proposal day. We needed a full day to recover yesterday and didn't really start telling our broader circle of friends until we got home from our little overnight "staycation" that was part of the proposal.

Oh goodness that is STUNNING. I would have trouble taking it off, ever. Congratulations!!!!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On a semi related topic, does anyone have a good thread or product recs to consult on keeping the ring clean? Wondering if PS community generally recommends those ultra sonic bath cleaners or anything else for diamond rings, as well as general best practices with cleaning.

You can check this out

There are also threads on ultrasonics which many of us use as well.

Here's one

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are super affordable ultrasonic cleaners now! I gift them to my newly engaged friends off Amazon. They work great; no need for the fancy industrial stuff anymore.

That photo with the trees lining up the edges look just like Villa del Sol d'Oro! Could've fooled me haha. Gorgeous gorgeous!

RX1990

Rough_Rock
You can check this out

There are also threads on ultrasonics which many of us use as well.

Here's one

There are super affordable ultrasonic cleaners now! I gift them to my newly engaged friends off Amazon. They work great; no need for the fancy industrial stuff anymore.

That photo with the trees lining up the edges look just like Villa del Sol d'Oro! Could've fooled me haha. Gorgeous gorgeous!

Thank you both. Going to order this one today as it seems to be referenced on this sit (or prior versions of it) and has a lot of reviews on Amazon - link

Also planning on stopping by DK this week for them to take a look at the ring. These aren't perfect photos, but was able to better highlight the concern I have with the side stone (top right in these photos) by taking a photo through a loupe with a light on. Should be a lot more evident here than in the video I previously shared - link

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Thank you both. Going to order this one today as it seems to be referenced on this sit (or prior versions of it) and has a lot of reviews on Amazon - link

Also planning on stopping by DK this week for them to take a look at the ring. These aren't perfect photos, but was able to better highlight the concern I have with the side stone (top right in these photos) by taking a photo through a loupe with a light on. Should be a lot more evident here than in the video I previously shared - link

Might just be one stone tilted, IANAE tho so maybe it’s the diamond. Hope they can fix it easily. She will miss having it in the meantime!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Yeah that looks pretty funky!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning! Congratulations!!!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
This ring will be a treasured heirloom - it is stunning. Congrats!!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes, now I see what you mean about the stone. Seems kind of strange that one would look so "off". But whatever it is, DK will make it right. The are always very accommodating and want their customers to be happy.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ah, now I see it. Great photo, and I’m sure he can fix it (hopefully quickly).

Any other *photos* to share??? ;)2:appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results