shape
carat
color
clarity

Dispatch from Ban Island

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been on a self imposed trip to Ban Island for about five months (since the purchase of my ruby... ), even successfully avoiding not ONE but TWO gem and jewelry shows during that period!. Last weekend there was a break in the clouds and the satellite connection that AprilBaby has been trying to avoid came through and the Etsy pages started flipping by fast and furious. I found myself mesmerized by the craziest little sparkly thing ever. I tried everything... a nap in my hammock swinging between palm trees... building sandcastles at the edge of the surf... swimming with the dolphins... nibbling some fruit from the trees... but nothing could get the sparkly out of my mind. A passerby threw me a life raft and decided to make the purchase for my birthday on Monday. So I think technically I have not violated the constitution of Ban Island, even though I've got something coming! (Are settings also verboten on Ban Island... ? Hmmmm... )

Excuse me, WHAT jewelry shows? I did not reseef zee invite to zis occasions.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and as for settings… I mean, waste not want not. If you have a pretty that needs a new dress… I wouldn’t kick you off the island for that.

Aww diamondyes, you're a gem! :lol: As for pics, forthcoming as soon as the little bugger arrives! (Which would have been SOONER if the thrower of the life raft had listened to me about the international shipping needing a phone number and not failed to log in for FIVE DAYS to find out what was going on... only to have a message from the seller that A. Phone. Number. Was. Needed. For. The. Damn. Shipment. ARGH!!!)

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Excuse me, WHAT jewelry shows? I did not reseef zee invite to zis occasions.

Rosemont! One in May and one literally just last weekend. No invitations as the natives on Ban Island have been holding me captive with threats of burying me up to my neck in sand and pouring honey on my head to attract the island ants if I so much as got on the highway going in that direction! (But go on intergem.com and look at the upcoming events so we can plan an outing for a show as I may be allowed off the island in time for the December one!)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hopefully, I shall be able to use the OEC that I am going to purchase next Tuesday as a reflector to show you the way to get out of Ban Island!

Fingers firmly crossed that it is still available!

DK :lol-2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m on the north side of the island in the little tiki hut on the beach. Etsy keeps calling and I'm having a hard time not answering. Hopefully the satellite connection fails and I can’t see her any more.

im just around the next point, by the lagoon
im here at least until the next lot of property tax is paid and then a new washing machine

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Hopefully, I shall be able to use the OEC that I am going to purchase next Tuesday as a reflector to show you the way to get out of Ban Island!

Fingers firmly crossed that it is still available!

Ooo did I hear that you decided you needed a bigger one than you originally had thought?

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Not gonna lie folks- I did try to escape the island last night. But the boat I tried to buy had already sold. Thank goodness. Now I get to pretend I stayed here under my own willpower! Haha!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooo did I hear that you decided you needed a bigger one than you originally had thought?

Originally, I was looking at around 0.4ct mark, the one I am getting if it is still available next Tuesday is over 0.85ct.

DK :))

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been on a self imposed trip to Ban Island for about five months (since the purchase of my ruby... ), even successfully avoiding not ONE but TWO gem and jewelry shows during that period!. Last weekend there was a break in the clouds and the satellite connection that AprilBaby has been trying to avoid came through and the Etsy pages started flipping by fast and furious. I found myself mesmerized by the craziest little sparkly thing ever. I tried everything... a nap in my hammock swinging between palm trees... building sandcastles at the edge of the surf... swimming with the dolphins... nibbling some fruit from the trees... but nothing could get the sparkly out of my mind. A passerby threw me a life raft and decided to make the purchase for my birthday on Monday. So I think technically I have not violated the constitution of Ban Island, even though I've got something coming! (Are settings also verboten on Ban Island... ? Hmmmm... )

Deejay, have you pososted pics of the ruby? I have loved your last two colored gem rings and would love to see the ruby! Is it posted on the color gem forum?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosemont! One in May and one literally just last weekend. No invitations as the natives on Ban Island have been holding me captive with threats of burying me up to my neck in sand and pouring honey on my head to attract the island ants if I so much as got on the highway going in that direction! (But go on intergem.com and look at the upcoming events so we can plan an outing for a show as I may be allowed off the island in time for the December one!)

SuzyQ has been wondering why you have not asked about the trade shows!

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
I’m headed back after a short stint on Brokeland. But I’m bringing some trinkets to trade! I have an AVC and a Crown Jubilee in my boat.

382E5190-357B-413C-8E6C-DD10786BD1B6.jpeg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m headed back after a short stint on Brokeland. But I’m bringing some trinkets to trade! I have an AVC and a Crown Jubilee in my boat.

382E5190-357B-413C-8E6C-DD10786BD1B6.jpeg

Ooo, good idea! Trade to the locals for coconuts and diamonds!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SuzyQ has been wondering why you have not asked about the trade shows!

Definitely no lack of desire to see you gals... just an attempt to be "good" for a few months!

Last edited:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Using my newly purchased 0.86ct F SI1 EGL-certified OEC to flicker some flashes of hope in the OP's direction!

0.86ct F SI1 OEC.jpg

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I was with you on Ban Island but then I found an 18k 20” lifeline. I grabbed my wallet and for $375 I was rescued!

8C74A169-7546-496A-B5B4-700B56616460.jpeg

My journey on the Ocean of Awaiting should come to an end on Tuesday when I have finished safe passage to Brokeland.

I do fear that I will find myself longing for the days on Ban Island where the Eye Candy is in full bloom and all the shiny things are putting on spectacular feats of glorious beauty. At least there, my wallet can recuperate and find strength again.

Where did you find it for that price? That's so good for 18k

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
Where did you find it for that price? That's so good for 18k

Yeah, I thought so too! And then as soon as I got it, I saw the tag… 14K. *deflated*

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I thought so too! And then as soon as I got it, I saw the tag… 14K. *deflated*

Omg! So many issues with this purchase. Did you get a credit? Or just return?

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same! I'm setting what I have, but forbidden from buying anything new. My advice is to find the local tiki bar.
margarita.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results