shape
carat
color
clarity

Getting a sapphire, where to find diamond sidestones?

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Pricescopers!

I'm getting a sapphire from Jeff White for a special piece, should arrive on monday. It's a lighter blue, round, 7.28mm diameter, and will be for my right hand around size 8.5 or so. I'd like to find some diamond side stones, maybe shield shape? Tapered french cut? Tapered baguette? Do any of you lovely folks have suggestions for where to find diamond sidestones? Or maybe even darker blue sapphire side stones?

Not a fan of halos, and I'm pretty rough on my hands so I think a bezel would be the most secure.

I had an idea for this ring (photo below) from David Klass, but his price is a little steep at the moment.

Stone:

IMG_0491.PNG

Design gurus, any suggestions?

Thanks and have a great weekend!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
You want natural or lab diamonds?

Hi Pricescopers!

I'm getting a sapphire from Jeff White for a special piece, should arrive on monday. It's a lighter blue, round, 7.28mm diameter, and will be for my right hand around size 8.5 or so. I'd like to find some diamond side stones, maybe shield shape? Tapered french cut? Tapered baguette? Do any of you lovely folks have suggestions for where to find diamond sidestones? Or maybe even darker blue sapphire side stones?

Not a fan of halos, and I'm pretty rough on my hands so I think a bezel would be the most secure.

I had an idea for this ring (photo below) from David Klass, but his price is a little steep at the moment.

Stone:

IMG_0491.PNG

Design gurus, any suggestions?

Thanks and have a great weekend!

I swear he is just the most talented lap. I hope to own one of his stones in the future. Unless they're like rare CS side stones, I usually just rely on the jeweler who's making the ring to source them. Although I did buy a yellow diamond pair from Leibish, and it was a wonderful experience. Good luck!

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
It's probably worth finding your jeweler first
I swear he is just the most talented lap. I hope to own one of his stones in the future. Unless they're like rare CS side stones, I usually just rely on the jeweler who's making the ring to source them. Although I did buy a yellow diamond pair from Leibish, and it was a wonderful experience. Good luck!

Agreed on both fronts - I have a spinel from him that I carry around in a box in my backpack all the time just to look at.

Also would probably see if the jeweler I chose could source the side stones unless I already knew the specific stones I wanted

Last edited:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah unless you enjoy hunting for a deal or you have your heart set on a weird or unusual cut it’s probably most effective to have your jeweler source the sides. Otherwise there are a million options so it’s hard to offer advice unless you are more specific about what you are after!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results