shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with princess cut diamonds

LHS

Rough_Rock
Hi! Which diamond would you pick for a solitaire setting? Thank you for opinion!

1st diamond (from Whiteflash): 1.517 cts; H color; VS1; AGS 0. AGS report shows a feather and a cloud.
WF Capture.PNG WF2 Capture.PNG
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-di...r-vs1-clarity-princess-ideal-cut-sku-a4460734

2nd diamond (from James Allen): 1.507 cts; G color; VS1; AGS 0. AGS reports shows a feather and needle.
JA Capture.PNG JA2 Capture.PNG
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut/1.50-carat-g-color-vs1-clarity-sku-15843369

3rd diamond (from James Allen): 1.533 cts; H color; VVS2; AGS 0. AGS report shows cavity and feather. I can't tell where the cavity is.
JA3a Capture.PNG JA3b Capture.PNG
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut/1.53-carat-h-color-vvs2-clarity-sku-16407548

Attachments

• WF Capture.PNG
    WF Capture.PNG
    528.6 KB · Views: 126

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
1 or 3 because they look more symmetrical based on the ASETs. What’s the price differential?

LHS

Rough_Rock
#3 is $1500 more than #1.

Any thoughts on the "cavity" in #3? I don't know if cavity would be a concern.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Hard to judge the WF against JA because the lightin is so different. The WF is the best price and it's WF but I like # 3 as well and it's spready.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1 or 3 would be my choice but if I were to go for 3 I would get the 1.7 stone above that @lulu_ma posted.
You can ask WF for a side-by-side picture of the 1.51 and the 1.7 (they can rest them on the split between
their fingers if you want to get more of a size idea relative to finger size...I find these pics pretty helpful).

LHS

Rough_Rock
This is so helpful! I had WF put a side by side. I have small hands so both would look enormous. Aside from the 1.7 being bigger, is it also a better diamond compared to diamond 1?

I'm willing to spend a little more $ if the diamond is better.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
This is so helpful! I had WF put a side by side. I have small hands so both would look enormous. Aside from the 1.7 being bigger, is it also a better diamond compared to diamond 1?

I'm willing to spend a little more $ if the diamond is better.

I think they are comparable. On this forum, we will always encourage you to get the bigger stone so you don't get DSS (diamond shrinkage syndrome). Sounds funny, I know, but it's a real thing!:lol:

LHS

Rough_Rock
Hahaha! I know...I started off saying I'm good with 1 ct, then I went up to 1.36 ct, then now at 1.5. It has to stop somewhere or my partner will kill me (figuratively of course). Thanks for all the help! Going to place an order for the WF 1.5.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Please show us! I've been wanting a princess and would love to see how a top quality one looks in normal lighting.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LHS How big are your fingers? We usually do encourage going bigger because after wearing them for a week or two they seem to
shrink before your eyes! However, you will be the one wearing it every day and you have to decide what size you are comfortable
with.

A Cut Above stones are highly vetted (AGS000 etc), so it's difficult to call one "better" at this level. It is more that they have slightly different flavors. IMO, it is the size difference that is the deciding factor. How big are you comfortable with?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you can afford it, go bigger, you won't regret it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results