shape
carat
color
clarity

James Allen claw prongs v standard?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs recently found a Lucére diamond for sale via James Allen and I decided to snag it because the cut seems fascinating and rare to come across. And the price was right for a recent surprise bonus.

I don’t usually go for stock settings but I’m going to be pretty busy next few months and didn’t want to wait to figure something custom out with my jeweler. I ordered the 3.3mm cathedral but the stock photos all show these rounded prongs. Even though it’s likely going to be a temp setting, I don’t know how long it’d take for me to decide how to reset it and I wonder if the prongs would bother me since I generally prefer the look of claw prongs. But I don’t even know if JA can execute them?

Was wondering if anyone has had experience with their claw prongs or asking to upgrade to them?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d also love to see photos of anyone’s Luceres if they have them. Couldn’t find much searching the internet or PS aside from some videos from GOG back in the day.

The 360 looks so cool to me though! Love the mix of step cuts and brilliant and the tall profile. Always been a sucker for different and quirky.

IMG_4014.jpeg

IMG_4015.jpeg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JA can do them...When I had this one set, I asked and made sure that I got claw prongs. The photos of the completed rings with
this setting mostly showed claw prongs but some did show round prongs. I made it clear what I wanted.

Edit...again...the prong on the tip of the pear is more rounded and is different than the other prongs. Not sure why they did it that
way but it didn't bother me so I didn't say anything about it. The points usually have the "V"s on them so they are usually different
anyway (but not going to be your problem since its a radiant).
img_20160319_181325238_hdr_2.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another pic that might help

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! That’s helpful. They mentioned a 50$ upgrade fee which I’m fine with since I much prefer claw prongs if they look ok. Just didn’t want to spend the 50$ just to be disappointed haha.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I csnt wait to see the finished product!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
You’ve been collecting the best pieces! So fun to tag along. I can’t wait to see this either.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You’ve been collecting the best pieces! So fun to tag along. I can’t wait to see this either.

Haha yeah been on a bit of a splurge recently due to a bonus but have definitely spent more than said bonus at this point! Worth it though. Will definitely be on ban island for awhile after this.

And don’t worry @lovedogs I will definitely start a thread on SMTB when the ring arrives. I don’t have the fancy diamond viewer things that show light leakage and stuff but I’ll do what I can!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
$50 for claw prongs is a deal if you ask me (free is better, but oh well). I was not charged because the animated CAD video and pictures showed claw prongs.

Which setting are you getting...or do we need to wait for the big reveal!?!

Also, if you look at the "made" rings on this link you will see more claw prongs. This is the setting I used.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
$50 for claw prongs is a deal if you ask me (free is better, but oh well). I was not charged because the animated CAD video and pictures showed claw prongs.

Which setting are you getting...or do we need to wait for the big reveal!?!

Also, if you look at the "made" rings on this link you will see more claw prongs. This is the setting I used.

Yeah my setting just showed standard prongs, guess they wised up! Haha but I agree 50$ is not a big deal at all.

I chose a simple 3.3mm solitaire cross print setting

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lol almost deleted my JA order update request for the claw prongs because the header looked like spam with a bunch of weird symbols. But it’s officially in production! No eta which is a little odd but I’m hoping it won’t be more than 3 weeks

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results