clarity

Join my journey to an overblue stone!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Out of your price range but for anyone else who might be searching the threads

IMG_0594.jpeg

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Hi @lovedogs, my new pendant si1 is a very strong flourescent like the emerald si1. I was suprised at the range of "very strong". The pendant does not look that strong to me. I would have guessed a medium. Inclusions crystals, feathers
1000004341.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @lovedogs, my new pendant si1 is a very strong flourescent like the emerald si1. I was suprised at the range of "very strong". The pendant does not look that strong to me. I would have guessed a medium. Inclusions crystals, feathers
1000004341.jpg

Holy crap! So surprised!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Right?!

I love my crazy very strong blue emerald. This very strong round was wimpy in comparison!

Edit whoops, I can't read, this is just a strong - whew. I was concerned you would get something like this.

1000004344.jpg

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right?!

I love my crazy very strong blue emerald. This very strong round was wimpy in comparison!

Edit whoops, I can't read, this is just a strong - whew. I was concerned you would get something like this.

1000004344.jpg

Yeah, that's so interesting!

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock
Ooooo dat's niiiiice

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Karl_K @Rockdiamond

Theres a stone from a vendor that has "faint" fluor, but looks like this under UV. How is that possible?

Screenshot_20240426_054812_WhatsApp.jpg

I have seen a stone in person that was GIA none under the gia grading lights that was that blue under sunlight.
We tested it with a bunch of different UV sources and some wavelengths it reacted greatly and some it didn't.
So if everything is on the up and up with the pic and it could be the answer is its reacting to different wavelengths of UV,
Arguably GIA publicly uses the wrong wavelength.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have seen a stone in person that was GIA none under the gia grading lights that was that blue under sunlight.
We tested it with a bunch of different UV sources and some wavelengths it reacted greatly and some it didn't.
So if everything is on the up and up with the pic and it could be the answer is its reacting to different wavelengths of UV,

ok--at least that makes a bit of sense. I almost was doubting that it was the same stone. Just to be careful I'll likely ask for a pic of the inscription.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock

This makes sense. It’s understandable that the labs have to pick a wavelength but there are so many neat optical effects (+ undesirable ones) that consumers can’t discern.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
This makes sense. It’s understandable that the labs have to pick a wavelength but there are so many neat optical effects (+ undesirable ones) that consumers can’t discern.

Historically GIA and many other industries used what they did based on what was available and it became the standard.
These days if you want to pay for it you can get narrow band UV leds in ~10nm increments.
The cheap ones are around 400nm which works well for most UV reactive diamonds but there are exceptions.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
ok--at least that makes a bit of sense.
I am trying to decide if that is a compliment or not. LOL

But yea check the inscription and return policy.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am trying to decide if that is a compliment or not. LOL

But yea check the inscription and return policy.

lolllll no it's a huge compliment! I had no idea what was going on, and was afraid I was looking at a different stone. But your explanation makes me feel better :)

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have no idea what’s going on…. But that pic is wack

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results