shape
carat
color
clarity

Need suggestions for wedding band to match ring.

Bluegrass00

Rough_Rock
Had some help from the folks at pricescope when I was engagement ring shopping a year ago. Ended up with a really unique OEC in a vintage setting that my now fiancé loved. Unfortunately, we're having a little trouble finding a wedding band/ring that matches/complements the style. Since the engagement ring setting is platinum, does that mean the wedding band should be also? Any advise, direction, or suggestions that could aid in our search would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Ring1.jpg

Ring2.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a very beautiful ring! I would get a band that's the same metal as the ring. And since your ering has so much detail, I would probably go with a plain, fairly thin band.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous ring! And I agree with stci, a thin eternity band would be gorgeous. I also like the idea of a thin plain band. I guess it depends on how blingy you want to be!

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
I also agree with stci, that thin JA eternity band would look amazing with your beautiful ring.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
You should stick to the same metal..

And I agree with Stci- a thin eternity band would look lovely.

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Beautiful ring! Are you looking for something matching, or are you open to a non-matched look?

I confess when I saw your hand shot I immediately pictured it with a bezel milgrain eternity band, maybe around 2-3mm wide...I think something like that would give nice balance to the engagement ring, and the bolder shape of a bezel eternity band will allow it to be seen as separate from the e-ring, while a micropave band will blend in with the e-ring more.

I had a ring once with a similar shape to it (rectangular) and I loved the look of it paired with a heavy bezeled band (this was a personal piece sold long ago). But for your engagement ring, I'd suggest a smaller, more delicate bezel band, to not detract from that unique and amazing engagement ring!

100_4934.jpg

OldAndMine

Rough_Rock
I was told that same metal is best used if they were to be worn against each other for a practical reason: the hardness of different metals will effectively condemn which ever one is the softer of the two with erosion caused by it rubbing against the harder metal.

I know the question posed is to wear the wedding ring together with the engagement ring around the same finger, so please pardon me for asking if you would ever consider a wedding band worn on separate hand. I personally prefer the stand alone look for an elegant engagement ring such as yours.

Although I generally prefer separate hands, I don't usually feel as strongly about it, so never really commented on discussions surrounding this, because it is so personal :twirl: But your engagement ring look so great the way it is in your picture at the moment :bigsmile:

Please allow me to share some tidbits as well:

Apparently, or so I was told, engagement rings are traditionally moved to the right when wedding ring arrives on the left. At least this is in the tradition of the British empire, as inherited by the English speaking world today (I think?). As people increasingly have to do their own housework, engagement rings from the right hand side moved back to the left to free the right hand for working. In the tradition of continental Europe, wedding bands are worn on the right, and engagement ring on the left, so they don't move around at all, they simply move to the other hand once the wedding ring arrives (Please correct me if I am wrong). Some use the same plain band (no diamond or any stone!), for both man and woman, swapping ring with each other on the left hand side is a sign of engagement, and then the rings are moved from left to right when they are married (this is how my parents did theirs, but my generation have evolved into following the British / American tradition).

Recently I found that some women have chosen to only wear their engagement ring, that is, as their wedding ring as well, with their men not wearing any wedding band at all. I personally can't wear my engagement ring on the right because I find the stone get knocked around more, so I wear my wedding band on my right instead. I know this is against our current convention, but it looks like convention evolves all the time.

Either way, worn together or separately, I agree with the others, thin platinum, plain or eternity will be lovely with your pretty engagement ring :appl:

Have fun choosing!! :wink2:

geisha_gyrl

Shiny_Rock
junebug17|1325724890|3095333 said:
That's a very beautiful ring! I would get a band that's the same metal as the ring. And since your ering has so much detail, I would probably go with a plain, fairly thin band.

I agree with Junebug17. A thin plain platinum band would be the best.

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock

Bluegrass00

Rough_Rock
After doing some ring shopping with the fiancé, she likes the look of this setting, but without the curve feature.

http://www.heartsonfire.com/shop-jewelry/rings/wedding-bands/grandeurband.aspx

The shorter width of raised diamonds looks better to her eye with the engagement ring than a complete eternity band. Does anyone know of a setting that looks like the one above, but without the curve (and designer cut gems). Or could you offer up advice as to places to look?

Thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results