shape
carat
color
clarity

New art deco(?) plat pin

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks to PS sleuths, I got this awesome platinum pin with what I think is a mix of oec, single cuts, rose cuts, transitionals(?). It’s a hodgepodge but it works!

There’s a small rose cut missing but I honestly don’t mind, I think it adds to the charm and history of the pin.

Dealer had a very minimal description so I was taking a gamble. No tcw or age descriptions, just that it was tested as plat and diamonds. Design looks
Deco maybe?

IMG_3859.jpeg

IMG_3858.jpeg IMG_3857.jpeg IMG_3871.jpeg IMG_3847.jpeg IMG_3861.jpeg IMG_3875.jpeg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Snapped these before work hence the scrubs haha. No im not wearing the pin to work. Dont worry.

Tried to take close ups but my phone is old and not great at it
IMG_3870.jpeg
IMG_3864.jpeg IMG_3866.jpeg IMG_3868.jpeg

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Boy that is pretty. I’m so jealous haha bc I don’t need a pin but man what a bargain that was. :lol:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is exceptional!
I'm jealous too.....

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
That is so beautiful!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I love it! It's very beautiful and we all know you'll find creative ways to wear her. I'm excited for you! Great buy.

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
That bezel work makes me weak to my knees. It's so gorgeous. Any jeweler can find a melee old cut and fix it, I'd recommend doing that before the appraisal and insurance

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That bezel work makes me weak to my knees. It's so gorgeous. Any jeweler can find a melee old cut and fix it, I'd recommend doing that before the appraisal and insurance
Kind of you to think I'm fancy enough for appraisal! Maybe if I gift or sell it, for now I'm find with it as it is, also I'd be so mad if a jeweler messed it up.

It's definitely a great deal, though it'll end up costing me more money because between this pin and the my recent Krementz pin, I'm now on a vintage pin obsession....

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, I was wondering, is it common to see such a mix of cuts in the diamonds for vintage/antique pieces? I would think they'd be more similar if it was made all at once.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
God it's so gorgeous!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Exquisite! The workmanship on this piece is stunning, and it’s in such great condition. And the cut on those diamonds is wonderful! Such delightful she to edge brightness on this piece.

I’ve never seen a mix of cuts like that but it looks original and intentional. The smart maker knew they wanted their piece to look good in any lighting.

You’ve got me thinking about how I can start wearing pins now:lol-2:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, so gorgeous! It looks even better on.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it and am so happy that a PSer grabbed it. I think it was a great deal. Have fun with it.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
*Sigh*, that is stunning and so romantic. :love:

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks to PS sleuths, I got this awesome platinum pin with what I think is a mix of oec, single cuts, rose cuts, transitionals(?). It’s a hodgepodge but it works!

There’s a small rose cut missing but I honestly don’t mind, I think it adds to the charm and history of the pin.

Dealer had a very minimal description so I was taking a gamble. No tcw or age descriptions, just that it was tested as plat and diamonds. Design looks
Deco maybe?

IMG_3859.jpeg

IMG_3858.jpeg IMG_3857.jpeg IMG_3871.jpeg IMG_3847.jpeg IMG_3861.jpeg IMG_3875.jpeg

I love it, enjoy this gorgeous gem. I think it looks like an Edwardian Belle Epoque style brooch from around turn of the Century. (Period was 1871 to 1914). You might be able to tell where is was made from the metal/hallmark stamps, if any. You could eventually find a tiny rose cut to pop into the prongs, if you feel the need to. I’d personally just wear as is and cherish its historical presence.

Last edited:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is just lovely. It’s so fluid & pretty & I bet it twinkles gloriously!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I love the way it bends over at the tops of the C pattern pieces, if you know what I mean.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you or a loved one have a C name? Extra specialness if you do.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful, what a statement piece! I’m thinking it’s giving me Art Nouveau vibes.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results