shape
carat
color
clarity

Please share your photos of nature, wildlife, etc.

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
Beep beep!

Wrong, haha! I hear bill rattle often and love it. Too fun!

What do you hear from yours? I think you've shown us once, right?

B77DED8.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wrong, haha! I hear bill rattle often and love it. Too fun!

What do you hear from yours? I think you've shown us once, right?

B77DED8.jpg

No beeping! That's just on the cartoon. I've heard the bill rattle, and the clucking sound. They are so funny to watch!

And poor coyote, he just gets a bad rap around here. Often times I see dead ones on the side of the highway, hit by cars. So sad.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
No beeping! That's just on the cartoon. I've heard the bill rattle, and the clucking sound. They are so funny to watch!

And poor coyote, he just gets a bad rap around here. Often times I see dead ones on the side of the highway, hit by cars. So sad.

Roadrunner has so many facial expressions, just incredible and totally enjoyable to spend time with!

It's sad to see animals killed on the road by vehicles. Coyote is smart too but one ate my neighbor's Tabby!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2023-08-23 at 6.46.19 AM.png

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I like Coyotes--they are wiley (no pun intended).

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone know what kind of bird this is? They were very active in the yard today and it appears one of the babies was learning how to fly. They have very prominent white feathers on their tails and wings when in flight.

Sorry these pictures aren’t the best, they were taken at a distance.

B0DEDF0D-C60B-4039-8195-5F8EECAEC1D9.jpeg

5A8BD05E-8409-4800-9809-A8194FB87C65.jpeg

5EB94023-04DE-4E83-B25A-076DF30FF171.jpeg

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone know what kind of bird this is? They were very active in the yard today and it appears one of the babies was learning how to fly. They have very prominent white feathers on their tails and wings when in flight.

Sorry these pictures aren’t the best, they were taken at a distance.

B0DEDF0D-C60B-4039-8195-5F8EECAEC1D9.jpeg

5A8BD05E-8409-4800-9809-A8194FB87C65.jpeg

5EB94023-04DE-4E83-B25A-076DF30FF171.jpeg

I enhanced it and ran an ID. It said Northern Mockingbird
Does the enhanced image look correct?
IMG_6473.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My niece is planning a career in marine biology and here she is just this month tagging sharks.
She’s going into her senior year of high school next week

IMG_4982.jpeg

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
IMG_5786.jpeg

We got a little taste of nature, up close and personal last night. While out walking our dog with the family, we came home to this “little” guy on our front porch. It hissed and rattled its tail so loud when my dog approached we thought it was a sprinkler system going off!

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
IMG_5786.jpeg

We got a little taste of nature, up close and personal last night. While out walking our dog with the family, we came home to this “little” guy on our front porch. It hissed and rattled its tail so loud when my dog approached we thought it was a sprinkler system going off!

How did the story end? I would love to know.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_5786.jpeg

Neighbours!!!!???

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
How did the story end? I would love to know.

We tried to called County Animal Control but got sent to voicemail, so I called my next door neighbor who is an ex-sheriff, and he called the sheriff's office who got a hold of Animal Control from the next city, took them almost an hour to get to our place, and only 3 minutes to pick up the rattler with a long hook, and stick it in a covered bucket. Animal Control guy said the snake would be released into the wilderness. He also said he picked up 7 from different neighborhoods yesterday.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We tried to called County Animal Control but got sent to voicemail, so I called my next door neighbor who is an ex-sheriff, and he called the sheriff's office who got a hold of Animal Control from the next city, took them almost an hour to get to our place, and only 3 minutes to pick up the rattler with a long hook, and stick it in a covered bucket. Animal Control guy said the snake would be released into the wilderness. He also said he picked up 7 from different neighborhoods yesterday.

Wow. So did you stay outside in your car while waiting the hour? Go in a different door? I'm not sure what I would have done but I would definitely have been freaked out and not composed enough to get a photo!

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
Wow. So did you stay outside in your car while waiting the hour? Go in a different door? I'm not sure what I would have done but I would definitely have been freaked out and not composed enough to get a photo!

+1

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results