color
clarity

Random pictures/stories of our furbabies

• Thread starter Deactivated member 42515
  • Start date

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Daisys and Diamonds I am so sorry Nicky..sending many good wishes your way...may Fluffy be safe and sound and back home with you very soon. ((((((((HUGS)))))))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i miss her so much Missy

Girl, I am praying she is OK and returns home to you safe and sound. I know this is heartbreaking :(
I feel your pain sweet Nicky and I am so sorry :(

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
so its been since last wednesday lunch time since we saw Fluffy
it is friday morning here the next week

and she just had a small breakfast of the really good fresh food that she loves and a huge drink of water
i think she is hiding under my bed now which is just as well as the man is coming to fix the heat pump .
- i was sweeping the floor and trying to pick out the nicest bits of her fur to keep

and she turned up

it is way too weird, i have to get my head around it before i tell you

she purred when i patted her and she doesn't feel as skinny as other times she has gone missing and her coat looks in quite good condition

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Girl, I am praying she is OK and returns home to you safe and sound. I know this is heartbreaking :(
I feel your pain sweet Nicky and I am so sorry :(

well missy God was listening
thank you

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw that you had posted in the pet thread, @Daisys and Diamonds, so I came to see if you had good news. Yes! Really glad for you.

it is the strangest thing
i cant get my head around it, but are cats ever ment to be fully understood?

So when Borris was really sick near the end, Fluffy took to the spair room and moved in there but would let me get her at bed time to sleep beside me

she has been really out of sorts since poor Borris passed away
i moved the dirt box into that room
that room is full of stuff, moving boxes and a ton of paint tins
its not a small room ,its a regular sized double/ twin
bedroom of a house of it's era (mid century)
anyway so last Wednesday morning i served her breakfast on the window sill where she had been hanging out and i waved good buy to her as i walked down the drive on my way to work
I had had a really hot shower and the bathroom was still steamy so i had closed the door but kept the window open, normally i would have closed the window and i did not tell Gary i had left it open thinking he would see it open next loo visit and close it (which he did)
anyway so get home, no Fluffy

last time Fluffy had escaped was just after or maybe just before xmas and Puff Ball One of the outddor tabbies the SPCA would not take) who is bigger opened the back door from the outide for her and out she went

Fluffy was born a ferrel, she took a long time to get friendly, once we got her in the house, maybe 5 months of her living on the window sill behind Gary's PC before she was able to be stroked and picked up
she does not do other people, although she likes other cats
so there was no way she would have gone home with anybody if she had escaped,

i have been doing my best to not have bad thoughts but dogs and cars had started to go through our minds
usually when this has happened before she would turn up after a few days and appear on the garage roof, but would be cagy and would only come down to eat if i backed off so id leave her plate on the scaffolding planks that are on the trailer and the next day or perhaps that night she would come inside and eat her dinner like she hadn't eatten in days and then be like normaishl and a few days latter would be normal (for her) again

anyway so the heat pump is on the blink and the man is coming this morning to fix it, i was sweeping up and crying over all the gray fluff
i was in the hall and out of the corner of my eye i thought i saw Borris's ghost, any weird things i see out of the corner of my eye i put down to Tinky, Tibby and now Borris
it was Fluffy on the (inside) windowsill in that room

by the time i had run into the lounge to tell Gary she was drinking out of her water bowl that i had not yet removed from the lounge where we used to feed her to keep Borris from eatting all the dinner
i had not removed any of the water bowls but this wasnt one i had been refrsshing

Gary kept asking me if i had checked that room and i had like fifty times and at night with a torch, the wardrobe has no door but it has a big box and a timber bed head in my way
it was Borris' hiding place in the wardrobe when she wanted time out, but i had looked there several times
anyway i had left food on the winodwsill all that wendnesday night but when it was untouched in the morning i had removed it (dont want flies) but i kept her tea cup of water there and also a bugger bowl of water on the floor
between now and then i had refreshed the tea cup just to keep things nice for when she came home, (not written her off as never coming home)
well i only refreshed the tea cup once but when i looked at it just now it was completly dry
two days ago i was in there looking at the dirt box thinking it was a bit smellier than i remembered, and i must empty it ready for her return but she must have been using it

at night we had been having a heater on in the hall and i'd closed the doors of the unused bedrooms, so i'd been shutting her in
i always feel quilty having a heater on if a cat isnt able to enjoy it and its been cold these past nights
i did always open that room in the morning just like i always do

anyway i have been leaving a bowl of cat biscuits and water on Borri's bench in the kitchen and refreshing those (by giving them to puffball next meal) so maybe she was having some of those on the sly? (i mean they were her biscuits) because i would not give up on her coming home i had to have them ready for her

at night when i get home ive been calling all the way up the street and also 20 times a day in the backyard, she must have heard me, Borris occasionally got shut in that room, id be outisde yelling hysterically and she'd be on the windowsill ready to give me a dirty look when i walked up to the backdoor
but i never saw Fluff on the winodw sill this whole time

Gary said he had heard the odd noise in the night or when he was napping and he thought he saw cat prints on the bed, but i looked and found nothing,
i dont know if she was stuck somehow, she is not a talker like Tinky or Tibby, but i looked and looked, its not like that door was closed through the day

Im going to wait till lunch time and give her another small meal but she doesnt seem to be starving,
i will do a chicken in the slow cooker tonight like i promised her

Gary must love her, he told me to ring up work and say i cant come in today because the cat needs looks after

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i dont know if she was stuck somehow? maybe she was sick and/or needed time out (she had tinned fish cat food for breakfast that day), maybe she just missed Borris ?
She is calmly (for her) sitting under the buffet cabinet that we use as a tv stand, looking at me
the heat pump guy is not here yet

not long after Borris came to live with us when we lived in Wellington ,she must have got locked in someone's shed as she went missing for a whole week and came home starving but otherwise ok - i had done lampost posters, the whole works and there she was just sitting on the door mat waiting for us to let her in

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
another weird thing is that in the last week we have been leaving the back and front door and the bathroom window open while we did things, so if she was out there somewhere she could come in on her owna dn eat biscuits from Borris' bench (its really where the coffee machine and grinder live )
i did a bunch of gardening at the front door and left the door open the entire time
Fluffy could have done a runner at any time

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
another weird thing is that in the last week we have been leaving the back and front door and the bathroom window open while we did things, so if she was out there somewhere she could come in on her owna dn eat biscuits from Borris' bench (its really where the coffee machine and grinder live )
i did a bunch of gardening at the front door and left the door open the entire time
Fluffy could have done a runner at any time

It sounds like she was coming and going the whole time.
I'm super glad she's back!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
so we had to go to the chemist to pick up Gary's script
the fish and chip shop is right over the road
it was freezing driving rain but ok
got a piece for Fluffy -took all the batter off for her

so all the meals i cooked in the last week never enticed her out
we bring home shark and taatties and she wants some !
she got some, there isnt actually much fish when you stripe off the batter

so i looked on the net and maybe she can have 5 smaller meals today but with the same amount of food as normal
she does seem to be hungry

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad she was located!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m so happy for you @Daisys and Diamonds! What a relief Fluffy is back home with you and Gary.

thank you
she is almost back to normal except im giving her an extra couple of smaller meals
she has been purring and we hadnt heard that since Borris got sick

right now she is having half a chicken nugget from Gary's lazy sunday lunch but otherwise im feeding her a variety of good food

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
M and J yesterday :love:

Screen Shot 2024-04-28 at 6.30.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-04-28 at 6.30.20 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-04-28 at 6.30.32 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-04-28 at 6.30.43 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And this is one of our feral cats, Fresca. She is a sweet baby. She got injured about four weeks ago and we were montoring her ready to try trapping her and bring her to the vet. Fortunately she has fully recovered thank goodness. If anyone here does TNR you get how challenging it is to trap a feral when you have many other ferals around. Anyway here she is yesterday. Looking beautiful and content. After eating her lunch

Screen Shot 2024-04-28 at 6.33.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-04-28 at 6.34.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-04-28 at 6.34.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-04-28 at 6.34.38 AM.png

She is a love :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results