shape
carat
color
clarity

Transitional cut diamond?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah it’s not crisp either. Maybe some inclusions making it look fuzzy or just imprecise cutting. It’s kinda blah!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dreamer_D do you have any LT links? I wanted to ask you a question off the forum. Looks like someone has sniped a few of my top choices so I don't want to post any others publicly.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada I found your email from a while ago so I'm emailing you offline to get your opinion on some choices!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Dreamer_D do you have any LT links? I wanted to ask you a question off the forum. Looks like someone has sniped a few of my top choices so I don't want to post any others publicly.

No I don’t, I’m sorry! I know it’s a pain. I’m sorry some choices were sniped!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear snipers, please buy this because it's so far out of budget that I want someone to have it

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol! If it’s any consolation I think it’s over dark in the center. But the pattern is pretty good!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cried when I saw this. Ugh I wish I had 6k, but sadly I just don't. 2500 (maaaybe 3k) is max.

I saw this and thought of you too! I know you like a hunt but you could reach out and ask her to look for you. She and some of the other IG girlies have connections and their prices are very good.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Has this one been posted? The center diamond is .51 carats and the price is $1095.

Untitled 1.png

It’s a pretty diamond! The photos make me a little worried about visible inclusions or at least inclusions that interfere with light play. Around the prongs is where I see something.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I decided to just suck it up, increase my budget, and buy something I've loved and wanted for a while.

This will be sent soon! I love it, and it's the perfect facet pattern, size, etc. It was feeling impossible to find anything ~2.5k, especially because I want to see the faceting (which usually means at least .6ct). I was about to pull the trigger On a .67 center stone + plat mounting for 3k and realized that was moronic when the one from Jocelyn was 3600.
I'll share pics as soon as it arrives!

lavenderdragonfly23

Shiny_Rock
Well, I decided to just suck it up, increase my budget, and buy something I've loved and wanted for a while.

This will be sent soon! I love it, and it's the perfect facet pattern, size, etc. It was feeling impossible to find anything ~2.5k, especially because I want to see the faceting (which usually means at least .6ct). I was about to pull the trigger On a .67 center stone + plat mounting for 3k and realized that was moronic when the one from Jocelyn was 3600.
I'll share pics as soon as it arrives!

YESSS!!!! I’m so excited for you! I LOVE this ring! ❤️

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lesson for others reading in the future:

Always search as long as you want, but understand that if you've been looking for years (in my case literally at least 2 years off and on, probably more), you might have to up your budget to find something, especially if it's rare.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also! Just so folks know options I was considering (in case anyone is looking for similar), here were some strong contenders. Most ebay stuff can be negotiated a fair bit, fyi.

I got more pics and its not quire the quilts I like. I think / suspect it's more of the early American cut Dreamer and Yada were talking about. It's very nice though.

2. Lots of potential but overpriced IMHO. But if seller would move in price someone could snag a nice piece.

3. Such a nice tiffany piece. I almost got this one. Again, I got more pics and it's not quite the quilty pattern I wanted.

4. Another one from Badis. Got more pics, same issues as above. Super nice stone/ring but not quite the right pattern. Great size though.

Edit. For folks with more $ than me, this is incredible. But also overpriced IMHO.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I can’t wait to see the ring! Thanks for sharing your journey :)

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Lesson for others reading in the future:

Always search as long as you want, but understand that if you've been looking for years (in my case literally at least 2 years off and on, probably more), you might have to up your budget to find something, especially if it's rare.

This!! I've learnt this as well. There are always things you have to compromise on but if increasing your budget a little and allows you to tick all the boxes then it's worthwhile. I'm so happy for you that you found the stone and bonus in a setting as well - so really the increase in budget isn't that much! I can't wait to see more photos of it when it arrives.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very nice! I remember Jocelyn from PS way back in the day and she really knows her stuff and knows what PSers like. And her selection is always spot on and her prices are very fair. I hope you love it! It’s looks gorgeous. The setting is really great too.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Waiting for Lovedogs to get her unicorn transitional feels like
7B375F15-0433-4B97-AC6B-D31CF2CF0D2F.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry folks! Had a bit of an emergency so couldn't pick up the ring yesterday. Got it today and I LOVE IT! I need to take pics, but still dealing with family stuff so it might be tomorrow

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results