shape
carat
color
clarity

Two diamonds and two tsavs meet in a bar

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WARNING: This is a stream of consciousness post put here because Hangout gets more traffic. DOUBLE WARNING: my photos, as usual, are horrible.

I bought an oval tsav from Gemfix to make a ring then bought a cushion tsav from PrecisionGem because....well, just because =)2. While I was trying to decide how to set the oval, I thought about my AVC ring gathering dust and when I dug it out of the jewelry drawer, saw my grandmother's ring nestled next to it. My brain then went "hmmmmm" and it is still hmmmming because I'm not sure what I want to do with everything and I figured there were peeps here who would have suggestions.

Make:
a ring with cushion tsav, AVC, & gma's diamond; use the oval for a pendant.
a ring with oval & AVC; find a partner for cushion tsav and make earrings.
a ring with g'mas diamond & cushion tsav and another ring with AVC & oval
a ring with cushion tsav & AVC; a pendant with gma's diamond & oval tsav pendant.
Toss all the stones on the table and make a piece of jewelry set from however they land.
Put everything back in the drawer and let my daughters-in-law figure out what to do after I'm dead. Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 11.01.18 AM.png Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 10.57.14 AM.png IMG_0610.jpeg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Suggestions? Ideas? Thoughts?

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I definitely like the idea of the AVC and the Oval Tsav as a Toi et Moi or cuff ring.

I think for g'ma's diamond and the cushion tsav, I'd want to know the dimensions or have better photos -- if the cushion tsav is visibly larger, then maybe find a pearl or amethyst and do a 3-stone ring? Or, do a pendant with diamond dropping from tsav?

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
Love the thread title.

If I had to take all these apart and mix them together, I'd do a toi et moi (or was it the other way around, I can never remember) with the AVC and the oval, and then have a pendant with the cushion and the diamond from grandma.

This way you'll have a set without it being a perfectly matching set. In other words, it will be the best kind of set.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mismatched set of drop earrings?

:lol:

This would be my choice, because then you've got one hell of a matching set:

"A ring with cushion tsav & AVC; a pendant with gma's diamond & oval tsav pendant."

Honorary mention for this one, because I love chaos:

"Toss all the stones on the table and make a piece of jewelry set from however they land."

Big no to this one, because I'm selfish:

"Put everything back in the drawer and let my daughters-in-law figure out what to do after I'm dead."

Why should they have all the fun while you're on the wrong side of the grass. :snooty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results