shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Unheated “Mermaid” Tanzanite in Platinum

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My latest project - an unheated “mermaid” tanzanite precision cut by Alex Weber in a brushed platinum ring by David Klass.

I’ve had this tanzanite for a while, I asked Alex (@premiergemstones) to cut it for me after seeing one of his posts on Instagram.

Here was his post about my gem:

I wanted a simple, structured setting for this stone that would also protect it (I know it’s not for everyday wear) and DK & team came through, as always!

IMG_5537.jpeg IMG_5536.jpeg IMG_5535.jpeg IMG_5534.jpeg IMG_5533.jpeg

missyc

Rough_Rock
Lovely colour! I am team bezel - they are just so buttery smooth on the finger. You won't even notice it's there!

Oh, and hand shots please :bigsmile:

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lovely colour! I am team bezel - they are just so buttery smooth on the finger. You won't even notice it's there!

Oh, and hand shots please :bigsmile:

Thank you so much! It’s quite the chameleon in different lighting. I do love a good bezel! DK and team created a perfect one here - structured to go with the precision cut of the gem! I’ll get some hand pics posted for sure!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so pretty! Looking forward to seeing hand shots too!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Thanks @Ally T !

It changes color all the time - from blue, to gray, to purple, sometimes a tinge of green

IMG_5459.jpeg
IMG_5532.jpeg
IMG_5543.jpeg
IMG_5574.jpeg IMG_5577.jpeg

I am enjoying its many moods (similar to mine :lol: )

This is one of my favorite rings I've seen in years! I love how the pleochroism makes the colors dance through the stone. The setting is perfect for it, and for your hand. What a beautiful, fascinating ring!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I'm fascinated by these, in a way I don't understand why they ever heated them if they looked like this! I love them and their shifting color.
I love the ring they built for it- it's perfect.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love how it changes color so much!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Ally T !

It changes color all the time - from blue, to gray, to purple, sometimes a tinge of green

IMG_5459.jpeg
IMG_5532.jpeg
IMG_5543.jpeg

Gosh, it’s a proper chameleon! It’s lovely!

missyc

Rough_Rock
What amazing presence it has on your hand! :kiss2:

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Ally T !

IMG_5459.jpeg
IMG_5532.jpeg
IMG_5543.jpeg

Ewe I see the green you are mentioning! Reminds of an Alexandrite with all of those beautiful colors coming through! The setting is perfect for it and I love the band you have with it too!!

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is one of my favorite rings I've seen in years! I love how the pleochroism makes the colors dance through the stone. The setting is perfect for it, and for your hand. What a beautiful, fascinating ring!

Aww thank you so much @glitterata ! I can’t believe it took me so long to set it, and I’m super happy with DK’s execution. It’s fun to see all the different colors - I am having a love affair with these types of multicolor stones (I just recently discovered the allure of opals) :love:

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm fascinated by these, in a way I don't understand why they ever heated them if they looked like this! I love them and their shifting color.
I love the ring they built for it- it's perfect.

Thank you @ItsMainelyYou ! I know what you mean re: heating! I also love that vibrant blue-purple but this chameleon is fun. Thanks again to DK & team for making such a nice setting!

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gosh, it’s a proper chameleon! It’s lovely!

Haha that she is! I’m considering calling her Karma (Chameleon) :bigsmile:

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ewe I see the green you are mentioning! Reminds of an Alexandrite with all of those beautiful colors coming through! The setting is perfect for it and I love the band you have with it too!!

Thank you @cushioncutnut ! The green is very subtle, but when I see it, it makes me happy. An Alexandrite is on my wish list, so this is a good sub for now ;-)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fun ring! I can imagine that some stones change a bit and not all of the colors would be to one's liking. However, this stone never knew a bad color!! So pretty, the setting is perfect and you get to watch a light show all day. Well done again!!!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
This ring is so gorgeous and I just love it! Perfect summer mermaid ring!

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a fun ring! I can imagine that some stones change a bit and not all of the colors would be to one's liking. However, this stone never knew a bad color!! So pretty, the setting is perfect and you get to watch a light show all day. Well done again!!!

Thank you so much! It’s difficult to capture in photos, but definitely a fun kaleidoscope of colors!

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
Thanks @Ally T !

IMG_5459.jpeg
IMG_5532.jpeg
IMG_5543.jpeg

So damn cool, like a big Rhys Turner tanzanite ring.

I've been pondering on a light tone grey spinel with minimum secondary hues a while and you beat me to it. PS is such toxic place on my mental health...

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So damn cool, like a big Rhys Turner tanzanite ring.

I've been pondering on a light tone grey spinel with minimum secondary hues a while and you beat me to it. PS is such toxic place on my mental health...

Thank you @Neptune ! I had to look up Rhys Turner - he has very cool designs :kiss2:

Do it!! Gray is actually one of my favorite colors (I wanted a gray diamond ER but my husband went another direction lol). A spinel ring would be lovely.

Ha I know what you mean- I always find myself lusting after everyone’s goodies. Your collection is fabulous, as will be any additions you make to it!

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
Thank you @Neptune ! I had to look up Rhys Turner - he has very cool designs :kiss2:

Do it!! Gray is actually one of my favorite colors (I wanted a gray diamond ER but my husband went another direction lol). A spinel ring would be lovely.

Ha I know what you mean- I always find myself lusting after everyone’s goodies. Your collection is fabulous, as will be any additions you make to it!

Yeah, but where to find my "the one" grey spinel. Hehe.

Thank you and nice seeing back to PS.

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yeah, but where to find my "the one" grey spinel. Hehe.

Thank you and nice seeing back to PS.

Haha you know the hunt is a huge part of the allure of new baubles ;)2

It’s good to be back. Life happened and then I did a social media/internet detox/declutter. In the end, I only kept the apps/forums that bring me joy. PS made the cut!

Here she is in all her gray glory (she would like a friend, Neptune-style :lol: )
IMG_5899.jpeg
IMG_5900.jpeg
IMG_5895.jpeg

That is so cool... it almost has the look of a "mystic" topaz without the crappy coating. lol I also love the simple half bezel ring design. It has a slight masculine quality to it, which I love, and is super modern. It looks phenomenal on your beautiful hand! Enjoy!!

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is so cool... it almost has the look of a "mystic" topaz without the crappy coating. lol I also love the simple half bezel ring design. It has a slight masculine quality to it, which I love, and is super modern. It looks phenomenal on your beautiful hand! Enjoy!!
Thanks so much @Autumn in New England ! I looked up mystic topaz- wow those are some vibrant mermaid colors! I am loving the bezel as well - you described what I was trying to go for, a structured/masculine/modern design. So good to see you here again! You were missed! :wavey:

Thanks so much @Autumn in New England ! I looked up mystic topaz- wow those are some vibrant mermaid colors! I am loving the bezel as well - you described what I was trying to go for, a structured/masculine/modern design. So good to see you here again! You were missed! :wavey:

I certainly missed the community as well! Enjoy your new pretty!!
1237349rk8qbp8bdz.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results